PDA

View Full Version : B.I.S. - Spam?

75Zag
10-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Over the past four weeks I have received approximately 40 emails from Comcast BIS offering discounted tickets, discounted hotels, discounted restaurant offers, etc. etc. etc.

We are not going this year because of the early date which precludes taking our extended family on a "holiday" adventure to Seattle and because I think Davidson will suck and because we will be headed for NYC to watch Duke the following weekend.

My impression is that BIS is having trouble selling tickets. Are any of you "insiders" who can comment regarding BIS ticket sales? I would hate for GU to get bad press as a result of a poorly attended event.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

Jakester425
10-28-2009, 08:55 AM
My impression is that BIS is having trouble selling tickets. Are any of you "insiders" who can comment regarding BIS ticket sales? I would hate for GU to get bad press as a result of a poorly attended event.

I'm no "insider" but last time I checked there were only tickets available for Davidson fans and an "Entertainment Offer" (top of the 3rd level aka cheap seats). Both need a promotion code. So I dont think there will be any issue filling the Key.

GoZags
10-28-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm not sure about hotels for the Battle in Seattle, but I'm pretty sure I know where you can find a cool timeshare if you're headed to the Maui Invitational.

Colbyspapa
10-28-2009, 09:47 AM
I was wondering if the BIS was going to have problems because of the increase in ticket prices. In years past, I have been able to get courtside seats for $100 to $120 each. This year they were $250 each. So we went back 15 rows for $115 each whereas those tickets were only $60 in years past.

I would not have thought Davidson would warrant such steep prices in a down economy at Christmas time. I hope there is a big crowd. I would hate it if the only time I got to see the zags live each year was a pilgrimage to see them at the Key on our half of the ticket allocation.... lots of sarcasm there.

cjm720
10-28-2009, 10:17 AM
$250 for courtside? Yeah, Last year I paid $100 too. What hogwash...but I bet it won't snow this year.

Go Zags!!!