PDA

View Full Version : Kraziness is right (or is it?)

Baldwinzag
10-26-2009, 05:25 AM
I tend to agree the majority of reports haven't been all that "negative" following this scrimmage. To be honest, I'm not sure any recent posts have been negative per se, but definitely viewed through different or unique perspectives. There are some posters on this board whom will report only the highlights or positive aspects of our players' peformances, while others will search for the holes or weaknesses exhibited by each player. And there are some who are in-between and provide an overall perspective i.e. areas of improvements, how they'll be OK, long-term growth. etc. Is one better than the other or considered bad or good? Not sure it applies in this case.

Its ironic how this board reacts to a game or scrimmage, b/c its precisely what the Coaching staff does following every single practice/game/scrimmage. If any of us have participated in organized sports, you will relate to construtive criticism that occurs by every member of a staff(and fans too). During their film sessions and team meetings, some(maybe a Coach Lloyd) will point out the strengths of our players and what they should continue to do each game, others (maybe a Coach Rice) will examine the weaknesses of failures of execution and tell them each player where they had a miscue and whay they need to work on, and last (maybe a Coach Few) will provide overall perspective and say what he liked overall and what he disliked. Either way, each all viewpoints are presented, our Coaches will all tell the team, "Get back to work, you can only get better as players and as a team".

I think that is what many posters are trying to do on this board -- but in their own positive, negative, or weird and wacky way. I agree there are a minority whom are trollish or ludicrous in their expectations or statements, but others are just saying what they witnessed through their personal glasses. I feel when other posters blast them for how they personally viewed the game, this is arguably more "negative" than the original poster's opinion on the game itself, IMO.

Remember, this is a message board filled with opinions of many diversified posters. GUBoards is a sports forum discussing college-level athletes playing a terrific and long-standing sport -- the game basketball. Its not really a forum about lolllipops, butterflies, and puppies. Just sayin'. ;)

DenDiegoZag
10-26-2009, 07:40 AM
+1

Well Put!

DDZ

Los Gatos Zag
10-26-2009, 07:55 AM
Well stated, and a two thumbs up.

bballbeachbum
10-26-2009, 04:25 PM
One basic philosophical guideline has been to treat this like Bob's living room, which ideally would mean that a few people should consider leaving insults in their minds and not on their tongues. Anyway, I'm enjoying the discussions taking place, and I hope that we'll see a successful season.

sounds like good advice for all, Malastein.

if posters go after players and take their gloves off, tho, then I think those posters have it coming. it makes a difference, and we're still talking about college kids, and like LongIsland's sticky references, they read this stuff.

NotoriousZ
10-26-2009, 06:21 PM
Jazz's puppet--I don't remember that but you have to admit that's pretty damn funny. It's a whole new year anyway with a completely different team, and it will be an entertaining season.