PDA

View Full Version : How About Some SRO Tickets

SunDevilGolfZag
10-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Now that we know after Saturday night that the Kennel can comfortably hold a few hundred standing room only patrons, why not sell 300 hundred tickets to the general public for each home game, first come first served, by telephone. This would give people in the community at least a chance to get into a game. I realize the Bulldog Club members who are not season ticket holders would feel entitled, so maybe offering the chance for SRO tickets would be a way to entice more people to join. Some tickets still could be made available to the general public. The demand is obviously there.

RenoZag
10-25-2009, 09:27 PM
The Fire Marshal might get involved, but it's a great suggestion, SunDevil. . .why not get a few more fans into the MAC ?

Zag79
10-26-2009, 02:08 AM
it looked pretty cool too, all the people surrounding the railing around the court. i could tell there were more people than the joint should hold though, it seemed much more crowded.

75Zag
10-26-2009, 07:41 AM
When I first moved to Portland in the late 70s the Blazers sold standing room tickets. They painted numbers along the wall on the concourse between the 1st and 2nd levels and each person was supposed to stand next to his number. The wall was 6 to 8 feet tall so you could stand there without blocking the view of the people in the first row above your head. Ushers checked tickets and kept people from crowding forward and blocking the aisles, etc. I owned "standing room season tickets" for two years before I could purchase regular seats. It was kind of fun but my legs were 30+ years younger then.

LynetteG
10-26-2009, 10:04 AM
They sell standing room for the Detroit Red Wings games, so SRO is not a new concept to me. Seems to me that the MAC should be able to accomodate a few more folks, esp since getting a ticket for a game is next to impossible (or cost prohibitive).

vandalzag
10-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Sell it to walk up fans. If the fire marshal allowed it on Saturday, they would allow it for any other games. The fire code does not differentiate between regular season and exhibition games.

Angelo Roncalli
10-26-2009, 11:38 AM
Those who are hopeful for walk up tickets should give Bigfoot a call.

Nevtelen
10-26-2009, 11:50 AM
Those who are hopeful for walk up tickets should give Bigfoot a call.

What?! Bigfoot has SRO tickets already?

CB4
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Change the block of tickets that visiting teams get to the standing room only section then give the seats to the student section. ;)