PDA

View Full Version : This might not be good.

Zerogame
10-24-2009, 10:32 PM
I asked Jennifer N. after the game what kind of injury did Bol have. Her respone, "he's not injured." So, why didn't he play? Also he wasn't in the autograph line at the end of the game. At least I didn't see him.

Zagalicious
10-24-2009, 10:43 PM
He looked like he was limping to me. He's injured.

MDABE80
10-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Coaches and staff usually don't like to talk about injuries for many reasons.
1. privacy
2. no sense telling so thers can know a weakness
3. might jeopardize a kid's future
4. maybe the docs don't know yet if images are pending...or
etc etc...

millions of reasons to keep quiet. new rules........uck

mendiant
10-24-2009, 11:02 PM
So you will question the trainer???

Didn't see that myself...

Did see Steven get ice on his left wrist after game...which concerned me.

As far as autographs are concrened...there were only 5 or 6 guys at the table...not everyone but Bol...

Sounds like someone is into drama...zero...drama

dumb ass post...

please neg rep me now

mendiant

Zerogame
10-24-2009, 11:11 PM

As far as autographs are concrened...there were only 5 or 6 guys at the table...not everyone but Bol...

dumb ass post...

please neg rep me now

mendiant

Hmm...not sure what to make of this. I got 15 autographs for our fund raiser. Only one missing, Bol's. Jennifer just smiled when she said he wasn't injured. Not trying to start something, just thought it odd he didn't participate. Maybe I was out of line asking her about Bol. She was standing next to me and I asked.

Zagalicious
10-24-2009, 11:17 PM
For what it's worth, he speaks of his injury in his recent posts on FB.

krozman
10-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Thats not really him. It's a computer robot while they keep the real Bol Kong on Ice, only to be unleashed for games and online classes.

The509sfinest
10-24-2009, 11:50 PM
yeah i saw bol leave right after so he wasnt at the autograph stand. but idk wut u guys r talking about that their were only 5 or six guys doing autographs? i got exactly 14 autographs on my poster and iphone so i think thats everyone besides bol

MedZag
10-25-2009, 12:06 AM
There's many levels of "injuries" in basketball. Some are serious, others are a RICE issue. Let's hold off on the panic.

NotoriousZ
10-25-2009, 07:46 AM
Nice to meet you in the autograph line last night, zerogame. We even had on the same Zag jacket! Let's find a way to have for the Gonzaga to have a Bol Kong autograph session so we can get our basketballs complete...mine feels a little light without the mighty Bol.

23dpg
10-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Sophomore forward Bol Kong watched from the bench with an ankle injury.

RenoZag
10-25-2009, 10:10 AM
There's many levels of "injuries" in basketball. Some are serious, others are a RICE issue. Let's hold off on the panic.

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

( Why did I remember that from last year ? I can't remember what I had for dinner Friday night . . .)

gonza
10-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the clarification ..........
I thought he was in trouble with Leon !!

NorthwestsFinest
10-25-2009, 11:15 AM
He's most definitely injured.

BoltZag
10-25-2009, 11:16 AM

dumb ass post...

please neg rep me now

mendiant

Those words will taste a little better with salt and pepper.

CDC84
10-25-2009, 11:43 AM
His non-participation was precautionary. Nothing to worry about.

MickMick
10-25-2009, 02:01 PM
Really unfortunate that Bol couldn't play. I think he would have surprized a few people.

Can't wait for Nov. 2.

BobZag
10-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Really unfortunate that Bol couldn't play. I think he would have surprized a few people.

Can't wait for Nov. 2.

Me too. Gotta feeling it'll be good. :)

1973Zag
10-25-2009, 06:42 PM
The legend grows!

#1zagfan
10-25-2009, 09:37 PM
The legend grows!
Agreed.
Can't wait for November 2nd!!!!!

bigparb
10-26-2009, 01:25 PM
After reading the Blue Ribbon report on ESPN, the question of who's going to RS has just gotten less clear...

The article notes that KO "leads the class" then Fewie goes on to describe Dower as a guy who "can make a difference and is a unique post player".....Arop(obviously) and GJ are not going to RS IMO.....I think it's time we start to consider whether Bol Kong RS's.....no mentioned of Bol on the Blue Ribbon report...

Think about it....he's been away from organized BBall for so long....a year to get back into game shape and to learn the system could be HUGE for Bol.....we've got a lot of guys who can play the wing.....and then we'll lose Bouldin next year....this is starting to make sense....

:fingergun:

sonuvazag
10-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Is that even possible?

cjm720
10-26-2009, 01:34 PM
I'd like to see two RS to stagger talent...never thought Bol was a possibility from a skill perspective. I wouldn't read his ommission from the ESPN article as anything other than an ommission (and the deterioration of modern day journalism).

Go Zags!!!

soccerdud
10-26-2009, 01:35 PM
i don't believe that bol can maintain an additional year of eligibility by not playing at this point, so a RS would be pointless.

theothegreat21
10-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Perhaps the Gonzaga Blue Ribbon piece was written back in August....they do cover over 330 teams in their magazine.

zagsmyboys
10-26-2009, 01:51 PM
I have 15 autographs on my ball!! I think they are saving Bol so the first game is just that much better!!!;)
By the way both my girls got their pictures taken with Matt and he is such a nice kid!!

1973Zag
10-26-2009, 01:51 PM
could Bol be intentionally forgotten in the press--surprise attack so opponents early on wont be prepared???

bigparb
10-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Perhaps the Gonzaga Blue Ribbon piece was written back in August....they do cover over 330 teams in their magazine.

I wouldn't read his ommission from the ESPN article as anything other than an ommission (and the deterioration of modern day journalism).

Go Zags!!!

According to the guys at da slipper still fits, they say "Blue Ribbon is known as the highest authority on excellent college basketball previews and they've done a great job discussing this year's version of the Gonzaga Bulldogs."

....maybe they're wrong...who knows

BroncoZAG615
10-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Blue Ribbon is an outstanding source for college basketball information has grown to become the authority for comprehensive previews. With that being said, they are still humans writing the piece and they are responsible for the coverage of each college basketball program in the nation. When you consider the fact that Gonzaga fans don't even know what to expect from our new guys, I'll give Blue Ribbon a free pass when they looked at Kelly's 35 points per game in Canada and Mark Few's comments to mean that this guy is going to be a player.

Bol will be fine, Manny will be fine, Kelly will be fine, Elias will be fine, GJ will be fine, Sam will be fine, everyone will be fine. If you don't believe Blue Ribbon or us at The Slipper Still Fits, you are in luck because a week from now, all bets are off and the previews go out the window.

cjm720
10-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Wasn't there a report of someone landing on Bol's ankle in practice last week? Dots have been connected. You are welcome :)

Go Zags!!!

SunDevilGolfZag
10-26-2009, 06:42 PM
i don't believe that bol can maintain an additional year of eligibility by not playing at this point, so a RS would be pointless.

Plus, the roster sheet at Krazyness the other night indicated that Bol has already used his redshirt year