PDA

View Full Version : Contests for Tickets to Zag Games

BobZag
10-23-2009, 11:58 AM
I'd like to hear your ideas on a fair way to have contests for Zag tix throughout the season. What do you think would be a good contest, a fair contest with a fair winner?

At this point, it appears ticket(s) to the Miss. Val. St., Wake Forest and Santa Clara games are opening up. Nothing guaranteed just yet.

Your ideas are welcome.

Gracias.

Zerogame
10-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I’m sure your plate is just way to full to deal with such trivial task. If you like, I can take those tickets off your hands and relieve you of this duty. Really it won’t be any trouble at all.
If that is not acceptable how about who can come closest in picking the preseason top 25 that will come out from AP before the season starts.

kylasdad
10-23-2009, 12:27 PM
I prefer picking winners/scores for big time games

zag buddy
10-23-2009, 12:36 PM
I would give so many points for predicting the closest to the final score and so many points for the point spread and so many points for who wins. Total the sum of the parts and then send me the tickets. lol. Go zags

Lurknomore
10-23-2009, 12:39 PM
How about giving them to nice people who haven't been to a game in the Kennel ever!

tinfoilzag
10-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Successfully predict:

Time first Zag goes into double figures
How many Zag rebounds in the first half

or how about

How many Gaffes Ehlo makes during the pre-game?

Salsageek
10-23-2009, 12:43 PM
What about winning the Fantasy football league in the FOO??? :D

gozagswoohoo
10-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Who predicts the first zag to have 2-3 GUnits.

Well...that won't work since there are only so many choices and probably 5 times as many people who will want tickets...

I guess I could erase what I just wrote since it doesn't apply anymore...nah...I'm too lazy.

Carry on

titopoet
10-23-2009, 12:59 PM
The best poem.

Dreams of Zags

Few knew the rise of Bulldog
basketball would come Frahm
out of nowhere in 99. Like God made the first
man, Adam, Morrison would hit threes,
and the Ronny through the March Madness
would last until the present Daye. Pargo
style and part grit, the team kept
winning and Dickau they won, painting
the kennel Viollette, and keeping Stepp
with the basketball powers. They reach Heytvelt
they never dreamed of and made Gray
drives of the opposition. No would bring them
Santangelo as they took Stockton
of what they had accomplished.
They became in Bouldin about the Future
know they could continue Sacre
the other teams in the mouth and
Foster further heights of final fours,
and Championships. This was something Lloyd
of London could bank on.

----
visit www.life-and-faith.org
(http://www.life-and-faith.org)

TimboZag
10-23-2009, 01:09 PM
I would suggest a contest on who is willing to travel the farthest distance.......

Anyone. Anytime. Anywhere.

Nevtelen
10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
In a team this wide-open and unknown, predict the top, say, 3 scorers through X number of games and their PPG correctly. The person who's the closest wins.

bullzag23
10-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Successfully predict:
How many Gaffes Ehlo makes during the pre-game?

Sorry but nobody I know can count that high :D

maineblackbear
10-23-2009, 02:17 PM
furthest distance, man-- I am currently overlooking the Boston Harbor.

seriously, there are several options-- i like a random drawing of people who have never seen a game in K2.

mbb

vandalzag
10-23-2009, 03:07 PM
How about everybody tries to guess what I had for lunch the day of the game. If nobody correctly identifies what I had to eat, including portion size, calories, grams of fat, number of bites I took, and finally the number of times I chewed my food prior to swallowing, than I will receive the tickets. I ran this by Woodward and Romar, and they both thought it was more than fair for all involved.

Postplayer57
10-23-2009, 03:14 PM
And another thing that pisses me off, Ehlo played a lot of great minutes for the Cav's, yet the only thing most can remember is M.J. hitting that "Hail Mary" over him to knock us out of going to the finals. Ehlo was a damn fine basketball player,and being present at the "Miracle at Richfield " was one ofteh biggest thrills of my sports life.

Zagtana
10-23-2009, 06:41 PM
I like Lurknomore's suggestion. Maybe a real short essay (limited words) on why the contest entrant would like to see the Zags in the kennel.

outrunu
10-23-2009, 06:49 PM
I ran this by Woodward and Romar, and they both thought it was more than fair for all involved.

Very well played sir.

ZagNut08
10-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Contest = Who is the first person to fly in from Sacramento

What are the odds, I am flying up for Wake...now I just need some tickets :)

willandi
10-23-2009, 06:59 PM
Very well played sir.

+1

NotoriousZ
10-23-2009, 07:35 PM
You'll just to do it the same way as in the past. X number of games to pick the winners and points scored as tiebreakers. Boring answer, but the most fair way to do it--I asked Romar and he didn't agree so it must be fair. Vandalzag I've got to thank you, now I might just have to work a Romar slam into every post!

nonzagzag
10-23-2009, 11:47 PM
I like the Ehlo idea:

everybody submit a phonetic spelling of the following names and whoever is closest to Ehlo's pronunciations during the first televised game wins:

Bol
Arop
Elias
Olynyk
Villarino
Mangisto
Sacre

tiebreaker: number of Jordan references during that game

Or, a contest for the best idea for a contest.

Reborn
10-24-2009, 07:23 AM
Whoever comes closest to predicting the winner of contest and the score (it wouldn't matter if you were over or under the final score, but just who is the closest. If it's tied after that then who ever predicts the highest scorer for the Zags, and who is closest to predicting the # of his points.

Example: Lets say we start with the Colorada game. Here is how the prediction might look like: Fan #1 predicts: Gonzaga 73 Colorado 66. Matt Bouldin with 23 points. Fan #2 predicts Gonzaga 75 and Colorado 68 and has Matt with 19 points. Lets say the final score is Gonzaga 74 Colorado 67, and Matt scores 24 points. Both fans got the right winner. They tied on the score (Gonzaga by 7) and fan #1 wins because Matt scored 24 points. Fan #1 was just 1 point off Matt's total and fan #2 was 5 off.

If there is a clear winner after the final score is known then you wouldn't need to go to step 2, but in making your prediction you would need to predict both the winner and final score AND the highest Zag scorer in the game and his points.

There are many, many Zag fans in every city who have never seen a Zag game in the Kennel. If the person who wins this contest already has tickets for the game, imo, really should give the tickets to someone he or she knows who has NOT been to the Kennel, and I'm sure the winner would do that because there really are a ton of fans who would go. I try to do that as often as I can, and it's so much fun to see how much it means to that (or those) persons who get to see the Zags live.

Bob, this is such a great thing you offer us. Thanks a lot. It gets me excited just thinking about those who win and how happy they will be.

zagamatic
10-24-2009, 10:14 AM
I propose the fairest way of all, everyone puts in their name and a winner is drawn at random. It doesn't rely on monetary resources, no favoritism, nothing skewed about it, just plain old luck.

SpudDawg
10-24-2009, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=nonzagzag;469858]I like the Ehlo idea:

everybody submit a phonetic spelling of the following names and whoever is closest to Ehlo's pronunciations during the first televised game wins:

Bol
Arop
Elias
Olynyk
Villarino
Mangisto
Sacre
QUOTE]

Bol = Baaaaaaaaaaal; Ballz; “B-Man”
Arop = Aaaaaroooopayee; A-Rump; “A –Man”
Elias = EEEEEEEEEEE-ee-lie-uss; “Sour-Kraut”; “E-Man”
Olynyk = Oly-Neck; Holy Oly; “O-Man”
Villarino = Chile Relleno; Villi-Manilli; “V-Man”
Mangisto = Mandingo; Man-a-ran-a-ding-dong; “Man-Man”
Sacre = Sucker; Sack-red; “Sugar-Man”

krozman
10-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I propose the fairest way of all, everyone puts in their name and a winner is drawn at random. It doesn't rely on monetary resources, no favoritism, nothing skewed about it, just plain old luck.

Basketball is a competitive sport, so we must have a fun competition. I'd stick with predicting the scores to a random game, but having a tiebreaker kicker attached to it so there isn't a tie possibility.

RenoZag
10-24-2009, 04:24 PM
How about everybody tries to guess what I had for lunch the day of the game. If nobody correctly identifies what I had to eat, including portion size, calories, grams of fat, number of bites I took, and finally the number of times I chewed my food prior to swallowing, than I will receive the tickets. I ran this by Woodward and Romar, and they both thought it was more than fair for all involved.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/3816/applausej.gif