PDA

View Full Version : Adam is fined

Russell Bevan
04-10-2007, 12:45 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2832343

Ouch.

gmo
04-10-2007, 12:46 PM
and your linking skills are vastly superior!

gamagin
04-10-2007, 12:56 PM
he was actually flashing the peace sign but forgot the index finger.

It could happen to anyone.

former1dog
04-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Frankly, I'm disappointed in this behaviour.

Clean it up, Adam. The fans, whether you like them or not, are the ones providing you the means for your lifestyle.

D Hark 2003
04-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know why he was telling miami fans that they are #1? What was the provacation here?

EL MUSTACIO
04-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Wait, was it in Charlotte or Miami. It makes a big defference

D Hark 2003
04-10-2007, 02:15 PM
It says for a gesture during the game on sunday in miami...

Did anyone see that game? Did you see what the Miami fans did (if anything) to provoke him?

meadgrad02
04-10-2007, 03:08 PM
mee755, why would you be proud of him for doing this? just curious on what your reasoning would be.

maineblackbear
04-10-2007, 04:16 PM
why is calling someone 'white trash' less racist or classist than calling someone black trash? why is the 'fan' allowed back into the arena?

sorry-- I know heckling comes with the territory, but yeah, I am kinda with Adam on this one. Once-- lets not make a habit of it big fella. maineblackbear

Bulldog
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Sometimes the fans have it coming. If crowd control doesn't do their job and after several times, you have to release it or you can't concentrate on the game.

BroncoZAG615
04-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Totally classless behavior. One of my least favorite things that a player can do. If I made the kind of money he did I would try and behave a little better on the court to show the league my gratitude. Keep your hands to your side Adam. He still represents GU whether he likes it or not and their are much better ways to show you are supposedly 'into the game' than to flip a fan off. If anything, paying attention to the crowd shows you are out of the game. Maybe why he is struggling so much this year. Hope he can get it together.

FuManShoes
04-10-2007, 05:28 PM
I think getting fired up on the court and maybe talking some trash to your similarly well-paid competitor or teammate is a different thing than flipping the bird to a sad little man in the stands. Adam was sitting on the bench when he flipped this guy off, so his "gesture" had nothing to do with the game and everything to do with a personal insult. He needs to learn to ignore this crap. Maybe cutting his hair would help.

VaBeachZAG
04-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Not cool behavior. Hardly the kind of behavior endorsing companies like to see. Far more importantly, in my view, it degrades Adam's status as someone for children with diabetes to look up to. Adam, how about showing a little maturity and class!

UberZagFan
04-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Yes, Adam was on the bench as he didn't play a minute in this game--so the comments about it coming in the heat of the moment or showing the emotion of being fired up are really irrelevant to this act.

By the way, I wonder how many on this board praised Coach Bennett for his similar gesture directed to the dawgpack?

gamagin
04-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Adam, ever the teacher, was simply giving this guy a lesson in history. to wit: Before the Battle of Agincourt in 1415, the French, anticipating victory over the English, proposed to cut off the middle finger of all captured English soldiers.

Without the middle finger it would be impossible to draw the renowned English longbow and therefore [soldiers would] be incapable of fighting in the future. This famous weapon was made of the native English yew tree, and the act of drawing the longbow was known as "plucking the yew."

Much to the bewilderment of the French, the English won a major upset and began mocking the French by waving their middle fingers at the defeated French, saying, "See, we can still pluck yew!"

McZag
04-10-2007, 06:17 PM
"plucking the yew."

Much to the bewilderment of the French, the English won a major upset and began mocking the French by waving their middle fingers at the defeated French, saying, "See, we can still pluck yew!"

True or not, this is very entertaining. Bravo. :lmao:

RebornZag
04-10-2007, 06:57 PM
It was not a good thing. Adam admitted it was stupid himself...I'm glad he said as much, and I truly hope he sticks to his, "I won't be doing it again", statement. I think it's a totally classless act, and Adam, as much as anyone I know, is totally used to being harrassed. Bickerstaff's statement that "Adam needs to get used to that" is so ridiculous. Adam is used to that. He's frustrated that's for sure....It hasn't been a fun year for him...and that's, unfortunately, what he needs to get used to. Or NOT.

Please Adam!!! Remember those whose behavior you DO affect, that's part of being who you are. That behavior would not be tolerated on any team that has class!!! Like Gonzaga, and he knows that. His apology is important, and accepted....

kjstoph1
04-11-2007, 11:34 AM
I mean, if you're going to flip off just one fan...big deal - going after an entire student section is much more impressive.

Bow Man
04-11-2007, 09:21 PM
A lot of condemnation for "the bird" but . . . what about classless NBA fans?

BroncoZAG615
04-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Obviously the fan was classless. That goes without saying. But the fan is not shown on ESPN for what seems like 20 times a night. The fan is not the most well known player from Gonzaga. I'm sure it was just some idiot that had a few too many Coors and ran his mouth. Like it has been said before, Adam has to be used to this by now, lets face it he's a rather easy target. Clean it up.