PDA

View Full Version : Morrison: "I usually stay between 4 and 5 on the knob."

FuManShoes
10-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Awesome interview. Some highlights:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/091009_adam_morrison_toast.html

MT: Rumor has it youíre a great chef. Can you talk about some of your specialties?
Morrison: Toast.

MT: Having moved all around Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota and Washington, then playing in North Carolina and now California, can you rank the states youíve lived in?
Morrison: Sure Ė 1A, Washington; 1B, California; 3, Montana; 4, I guess South Dakota, but I canít even give a fair estimate because I was too little; 5, North Carolina, a good place as far as living but I didnít like how hot and flat it was; 6, Wyoming.

MT: What can you tell us about Wyoming?
Morrison: Itís really windy. All the time. Honestly.

MT: Thatís it. Letís fast forward to 2006. Did you really play online video games with J.J. Redick, then a Duke star and your rival for Player of the Year honors, or was that a media stunt?
Morrison: We really did, we actually did a special where we were both playing. But it wasnít as big a deal as they made it seem like. Just the thing with two small schools, white guy shooters Ö It wasnít like we were soul mates, we were just buddies.

gamagin
10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
that was a fun read. and reading between the one-liners, I read and heard from a more relaxed Ammo. Which is also good.

I think & hope and pray he is finding his inner basketball player and his outer personality. It sure seems that way.

Nevtelen
10-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Having mostly grown up in Wyoming, I can corroborate his sentiments there.

Nice interview - any positive press from Ammo is good, especially coupled with the solid game he had yesterday.

ZagNative
10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
I really want to see Adam show the folks back in Charlotte what he can do and find a spot where he can really shine. There was a column in the Charlotte observer (http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/10/new-team-same-plight-for-morrison.html) the other day with this sarcastic quote from Phil Jackson:
Ever-acerbic Los Angeles Lakers coach Phil Jackson was asked Saturday whether Adam Morrison's confidence had to be restored, following his time as a Charlotte Bobcat.

"Yes, he's like a wounded dog,'' Jackson joked. "We really had to take care of him -- feed him right. He looks much better now.''I have to think Adam loved that.

SpudDawg
10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks, Fu. A nice laugh for the evening. God bless Ammo.

thickman1
10-20-2009, 09:04 AM
I love Adam Morrison. Fantastic interview.