PDA

View Full Version : I WANT to believe Rivals ...

SLOZag
10-18-2009, 12:36 PM
.. when they predict us winning league, Matt making first team all conference and conference player of the year, and MANNY MAKING 2ND TEAM ALL CONFERENCE AND CONFERENCE NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR!

http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1002985

I have to admit their prediction that Portland will have the best frontcourt makes me a bit sceptical. I can only hope they consulted Manny's podiatrist as well as their crystal ball before they wrote about Manny!!

zagamatic
10-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Without having seen how our bigs are going to play individually and as a team, I can't say that I have a problem with saying that Portland's bigs are the PRE-SEASON best in the conference. And as we all know, "pre-season" is just another word for doesn't mean diddley at the end of the season.
But I will also say that anyone who doesn't bring their "A" game against Portland will regret it this year.

Nevtelen
10-18-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm obviously hoping that GU's bigs will be considered the best by the end of the season. But from a preseason, known-quantity perspective, I think you probably have to consider USF to have the best frontcourt, closely followed by SMC. Lowhorn is a stud and USF has (unproven) depth this coming season. SMC has the other best frontcourt player anyone knows about for sure, Samhan, along with a fairly unknown cast to help him out. I'd put Portland after that.

Blue Ribbon, by comparison, has the best frontcourts as SMC, USF, and Santa Clara in that order.

NotoriousZ
10-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Our bigs will DOMINATE the WCC. Barring injuries (knock on wood), who's going to stop us, FatHam?. Sacre, Poling, Harris, Dower, and Big Will Foster (and Kelly?)will be too much for the rest of the league. Portland, as I recall had some great guard play but as far as having a threat in the post--I don't see it. Our non conference schedule will more than take care of the experience issue, so it doesn't matter how many of these guys are freshman.

Edit: Maybe San Francisco has a chance in the paint, but then they've got to deal with our guards!

adoptedzag
10-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Our bigs will DOMINATE the WCC. Barring injuries (knock on wood), who's going to stop us, FatHam?. Sacre, Poling, Harris, Dower, and Big Will Foster (and Kelly?)will be too much for the rest of the league. Portland, as I recall had some great guard play but as far as having a threat in the post--I don't see it. Our non conference schedule will more than take care of the experience issue, so it doesn't matter how many of these guys are freshman.

Edit: Maybe San Francisco has a chance in the paint, but then they've got to deal with our guards!

Save some of the kool-aid for the rest of us ;)