PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Preseason Rankings

EL MUSTACIO
04-10-2007, 09:50 AM
Not sure if this has been posted, but I havent seen it. Interesting that that even Espn will rank the Zags in the top 15 next year. It seems like they usually rank them lower than the AP. Maybe theyre top ten material in the AP? BTW, will Few create a schedule as tough as last year. IMo, he was just seasoning the boys for this season. Now I know he schedules a tough schedule regularly, but the last one was one similar to IZZO, and thats scary if it will get even harder.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2825071

CDC84
04-10-2007, 10:34 AM
You will not see Gonzaga schedule like they did this past season. The non-league portion will still be very challenging, but I expect the amount of travel to be cut down, and that there will be a few more games in K2. Everyone associated with the program realizes how badly the travel hurt last season's team. You will also not see Gonzaga embarking on any road trip after finals week. GU will get a Portland State type team to play them at K2 after finals week.

My preferences....I would like to see Gonzaga combine the St. Joe's trip with the Memphis trip. Maybe have a day or two between games, max. That and the Great Alaska Shootout should be all the major traveling the Zags have to do. The rest of the games should be at K2, Spokane Arena, Seattle or at some school or event out west. I also believe that the Zags should not schedule a non-league game in the same week that WCC play starts up....like GU did with Virginia this past season.

EL MUSTACIO
04-10-2007, 10:45 AM
So then, CDC, will GU be able to schedule big name prgrams in the K2? Weve had stanford and UW, but Im looking for even bigger names. We have a beautiful new stadium, so why will teams not play us in the k2, but teams like memphis are content with playing in the Arena. My guess is that there is more seating for national exporsure?/and/or they dont want to play in the MAC due to the fact that the Kennel Club is equivalent to a teir down from the Cameron Crazies, and louder than most, especially considering their size. WHat do we sneed to do to get the big names into the MAC? It might help with recruits, but maybe recruits will get us big names in our homecourt. Anyways, Im not exactly sure where im going with this post. I guess Im just looking for a few answers...

CDC84
04-10-2007, 10:55 AM
Wazzu is going to be a top 15 team next year, and they'll be in K2 next season. I also think you could see 1 or 2 other BCS types come to K2 next season. We'll see. It is going to take a long time for the schedule to be finalized.

23dpg
04-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Too bad the Huskies won't be coming to the Kennel any time soon.........oh wait, we were talking about ranked teams. My bad!:o

meadgrad02
04-10-2007, 11:54 AM
haha, i like that 23.