PDA

View Full Version : 2009-10 Concessions and Tickets

BobZag
10-17-2009, 02:32 PM
Hmmm, some new eats in K2 this season. Looks like there will be 3-point pitas (I assume similar to Pita Pit) and chopped salads, cotton candy (dentists will love this!), popcorn chicken, sliced caramel apples, and some additions to the Asian Bowls and others, plus Kids Meals.

And instead of pics of current Zags and coaches on the tickets, you will see pics of Zags from the past (Decade of Excellence), ie, Q, Frahm, Dickau, Morrison, Stepp, Pargo, etc.

Just fyi.

Enjoy.

75Zag
10-17-2009, 02:36 PM
What beer will be on tap for Bulldog Club members at half-time? Anything new or interesting?

Portland Pilot Club had some killer microbrews last year. Waiting to see what the new year brings.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

gamagin
10-17-2009, 04:09 PM
nice bit of marketing.

Sic 'Em Zags !

Gonezagaga
10-17-2009, 09:50 PM
What a great day! We got our season tickets and the "Decade of Excellence" DVD in the mail today. I love the former players on the tickets.

I just finished watching the DVD and must admit that my eyelids started 'sweating' during a couple of the interviews. Alot of great memories were brought to the forefront tonight, but the one thing the DVD made me realize is that the beat just goes on. From "Q" and Santangelo to Dickau and Stepp to Raivio and Pargo to Bouldin and Meech this year, the torch keeps being passed and always remains lit. The list reads the same way for the bigs, from Calvary all the way through Heytvelt and now to Rob Sacre. I have no doubt that some, if not all, of the newcomers this year will have their moments at Gonzaga that we will all cherish and someday down the road their names will stand out in our minds just like the ones that started this incredible journey.

I can't wait for the season to begin.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention----CASEY CALVARY IS A STUD!

BobZag
10-18-2009, 09:16 AM
I was chatting with AD Mike Roth, and all the concessions that K2 provides earns Gonzaga enough money to pay assistants and is just a ton of financial help for the athletic department. Fans, including myself, don't often consider this, but concessions, if managed properly, is a huge part of the business of basketball.

zagco
10-18-2009, 09:27 AM
Cotton Candy! Mmmmmmmm.

adoptedzag
10-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Are all the concessions going to be available for the women's games as well? It took a while just to get the noodle bowls during the women's games.

BobZag
10-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Are all the concessions going to be available for the women's games as well? It took a while just to get the noodle bowls during the women's games.

Doubtful. Not all of them. Usually about a third of them.

Zagalicious
10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
The new ticket look celebrating 10 yrs of excellence is very cool ...great job marketing :roll:

rpzagfan
10-19-2009, 01:31 PM
I got to go to the Tennessee/GU game in Florida last year which happened to coincide with our Disney Vacation. At the game they had HUGE legs of Lamb, and they were delicious! Wish they had those here!

mendiant
10-19-2009, 01:55 PM
The new tickets are beautiful!!!

Yummm popcorn chicken!

Two weeks until the first game! :D

229SintoZag
10-19-2009, 03:42 PM
is raised by today's mail with the season ticket package:

Are we really going to be weaing our black jerseys again at the arena for the Oklahoma game?

Because I assume we are, since that is "paint the Kennel black" night. (I am assuming they meant to say "Paint Spokane Arena, our off campus home where we play some of our best games for some odd reason rather than in our expensive shiny brand new arena on campus, black night.")

What is our track record in the black unis? Is this really a good idea? Is this required by Nike?

BobZag
10-19-2009, 04:01 PM
is raised by today's mail with the season ticket package:

Are we really going to be weaing our black jerseys again at the arena for the Oklahoma game?

Because I assume we are, since that is "paint the Kennel black" night. (I am assuming they meant to say "Paint Spokane Arena, our off campus home where we play some of our best games for some odd reason rather than in our expensive shiny brand new arena on campus, black night.")

What is our track record in the black unis? Is this really a good idea? Is this required by Nike?

Eat cotton candy and all of your worries will just melt away. Trussst. me.

Zag79
10-20-2009, 01:16 AM
got my season tix, very cool! i keep mine from every year, and then have them repressed and framed. anyone else keep theres?

mendiant
10-20-2009, 10:48 AM
I keep mine 79.

If I go to the BB Banquet at the end of the year, I have them signed as well as the Schedule Poster. :D

Zag79
10-21-2009, 01:06 AM
great idea. this years tickets are amazing, pretty much every favorite zag of mine is on there.