PDA

View Full Version : Some TV updates

CDC84
10-14-2009, 11:08 AM
http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/gonz-m-baskbl-sched.html

There continues to be 5 games on this sked where the tip off times and TV assigments are in question. I have dug up some info from this site:

http://mattsarzsports.com/basketball200910.aspx

Dec. 12, 1pm PDT, Davidson at GU (Seattle) = still no TV assignment

Dec. 19, 1pm PDT, GU at Duke (NYC) = this is a national game on CBS

Jan. 2, 11am PDT, GU at Illinois (Chicago) = regionalized by CBS

Jan. 16, 6pm PDT, GU at San Diego = FSN-NW

Jan. 30, 7pm PDT, GU at USF = FSN-NW

Feb. 18, 7pm PDT, GU at LMU = FSN-NW (might conflict with the USC/UW game at 7:30pm PDT. Tape delay is a possibility)

Feb. 20, 6pm PDT, GU and Pepperdine = FSN-NW and FSN-W

thickman1
10-14-2009, 11:45 AM
I assume that like last year, any games on FSNW will no be shown on the national versions of FSN a la FSN pacific, atlantic, central. Correct?

CDC84
10-14-2009, 12:04 PM
http://mattsarzsports.com/basketball200910.aspx

This site will tell you all of the channels that will be carrying each game. Not all of GU's games were televised across all of the FSN channels last season. Arizona was one of the few.....

75Zag
10-14-2009, 02:51 PM
I know a tiny bit about television marketing contracts as a result of my day job and based upon my tiny bit of knowledge, it seems extremely unlikely that the BIS will be picked up by anybody other than local GU or Davidson stations or maybe FSNW if they and Comcast can resolve their pissing match.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

CDC84
10-14-2009, 03:02 PM
I bet one that one of the ESPN channels takes on the GU/Davidson game. All of their channels have an open college basketball window between 1pm-3pm PDT.

The GU/Davidson game will not be taken by FSN-NW. All FSN networks are televising the UW/G'Town and UCLA/Miss St. games at the John Wooden Classic that afternoon.

MJGoGaels
10-14-2009, 05:49 PM
[QUOTE=75Zag;465423]I know a tiny bit about television marketing contracts as a result of my day job and based upon my tiny bit of knowledge, ..... or maybe FSNW if they and Comcast can resolve their pissing match.
QUOTE]

75, is something that the WCC can assist with for a WCC contract with or without money?

I have Cox cable in Southern Calif so I can get the expanded sports package which includes the Foxsports channels, but it does not offer comcast. So I get a few of the Zag games. In the Bay Area, it's comcast so I have to go to a local bar to watch the Gaels.

Next question, on the local comcast games, does SMC get charged or does Comcast just decide do them because they believe they can sell ads? SMC usual runs 6-8 spots during the telecast - are those owned by SMC and could they resell their spots to local business?

SMC's AD is not well versed in TV or they don't understand it so it's underdeveloped. Answers, comments and thoughts are appreciated.

BoltZag
10-21-2009, 05:40 PM
I bet one that one of the ESPN channels takes on the GU/Davidson game. All of their channels have an open college basketball window between 1pm-3pm PDT.

The GU/Davidson game will not be taken by FSN-NW. All FSN networks are televising the UW/G'Town and UCLA/Miss St. games at the John Wooden Classic that afternoon.

All but confirmed today that the ESPN family will not pick up this game. Not looking good for viewers. A real bummer.

2003 vs. Mizz: CBS
2004 vs. UMass: CSTV
2005 vs. Ok State: CBS
2006 vs. Nevada: ESPN2
2007 vs. Tenn: ESPN2
2008 vs. UConn: CBS
2009 vs. Davidson: ?

CDC84
10-21-2009, 07:13 PM
I would be highly surprised if someone doesn't take that Davidson game....even if it's CBS College Sports (formerly CSTV), which many people don't get of course.....

I would be curious what the 3 ESPN channels are broadcasting during that 1pm-3pm PDT time frame. It isn't college basketball.