PDA

View Full Version : Gonzaga vs Illinois

windycityzag
10-14-2009, 08:02 AM
I know its a bit early but just bought my tickets for the Zags vs Illini game on January 2nd through the Gonzaga Alumni presale. Any others purchased yet? Anyone know where these tickets will be? Are alumni seats usually decent? I'm stoked that the Zags are coming out to Chicago just wish Pargo was still on the team to play in his hometown. :D

BoltZag
10-14-2009, 08:46 AM
The seats will be decent and you'll be surrounded by other Zags, which is cool.

Also, a heads up that the game will be televised regionally on CBS alongside Arizona/UCLA. If you're in the southwest or California, expect that game to be seen.

I suspect most of the country will get our game.

BobZag
10-14-2009, 09:06 AM
As Bolt says, your seats will be decent. Not great, but good enough. Good luck. From past experience, I doubt many Zag fans will be in Chicago on January 2. Maui in November, NYC in December, then every WCC school is in a great city or area to visit, ie, San Diego, LA, Bay Area, Portland. And Seattle for the BiS. Chicago is a great city but in the dead of winter, I don't know how many will go there.

madness
10-14-2009, 09:20 AM
I hate when CBS does this (particularly because I live in Cali). I think Directv offers the alternative programming if you have the sports package, but for some reason there was a problem last year and we had to follow the game on the Web.

If anyone has more info on this, please pass it on.

cbbfanatic
10-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Is it confirmed or speculation that gu/il will be the nationally broadcast game?

I would think ucla/zona would be a singificantly bigger draw...

wiszag
10-14-2009, 09:41 AM
I was trying to figure out how to get tickets, didn't think of the obvious. I just bought tickets for the NYC and Chicago games. It'll be fun to head south to milder temps in the dead of winter.

CDC84
10-14-2009, 09:43 AM
BTW - the Duke/Gonzaga game on 12/19 will not be regionally televised by CBS. It goes to the whole nation. It's UCLA @ Notre Dame at 11am PDT, and Gonzaga at Duke at 1pm PDT.

gozagswoohoo
10-14-2009, 11:11 AM
Woohoo will be in attendance in Chicago. I too will have alumni seats, and I am STOKED!!!! I could care less where the seats are, I'm just glad I'll be sitting with other zags fans!! It will be a first for me.

I'm usually up by the rafters, dodging popcorn and spitballs all game...

ChicagoZag
10-14-2009, 11:24 AM
I will be in the alumni seats as well. My wife and I are taking our girls to their first basketball game of any kind. I have high hopes Santa will be bringing Gonzaga wear for my girls.

NotoriousZ
10-14-2009, 01:06 PM
BTW - the Duke/Gonzaga game on 12/19 will not be regionally televised by CBS. It goes to the whole nation. It's UCLA @ Notre Dame at 11am PDT, and Gonzaga at Duke at 1pm PDT.

I'm having flashbacks of the last time we played Duke...when the lead-up game went into doulbe OT or something like that and we missed the entire first half. Let's start :pray: for an expedient finish to the UCLA-Notre Dame game!

BobZag
10-14-2009, 02:59 PM
I will be in the alumni seats as well. My wife and I are taking our girls to their first basketball game of any kind. I have high hopes Santa will be bringing Gonzaga wear for my girls.

:D Good one, CZ.

Gozags99
10-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Windy, thanks for the post. Good to see another Midwest Zag on the Board. I'm not an alum (did take 3 summer school courses at GU and father is prof) but would love to sit in the Zag section, if possible.

Any Midwest Zags also going to the MSU game?

ChicagoZag
10-15-2009, 08:51 AM
My brother-in-law is a MSU grad who has been all over me to obtain tickets for the GU/Spartan game. Apparently tickets for MSU require an immense contribution by alums. He was hoping I could get us in via GU but I don't know of Gonzaga tickets for that game. Besides, as I learned last December going to the Indiana game, travelling around the tip of Lake Michigan in December can be harrowing. Maybe I'll watch that one from the couch and save my travel "permissions" from the family for the much anticipated return trip to the WCC tournament in March. Then again...my arm could be twisted quite easily.

zagster318
10-17-2009, 06:24 PM
My brother-in-law is a MSU grad who has been all over me to obtain tickets for the GU/Spartan game. Apparently tickets for MSU require an immense contribution by alums. He was hoping I could get us in via GU but I don't know of Gonzaga tickets for that game. Besides, as I learned last December going to the Indiana game, travelling around the tip of Lake Michigan in December can be harrowing. Maybe I'll watch that one from the couch and save my travel "permissions" from the family for the much anticipated return trip to the WCC tournament in March. Then again...my arm could be twisted quite easily.

As a former Zag attending grad school in East Lansing, you better believe I will be at the MSU game. For non-students, I would check stubhub, since you can get average seats for about $100/ticket.

Also, it will be a great start to the New Year if I can see the Zags beat Illinois in my beloved hometown. Hopefully, the Zags will really start to gel by that time.