PDA

View Full Version : Staying under the radar...

DADoZAG
10-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Two weeks to go until practice starts.

No public statements on Kong or Harris. No media guide, no summer prospectus. No midnight madness.

Did last years hype not sit well with Few, or is he just concerned about the newbies?

Go ZAGS!

BobZag
10-02-2009, 04:57 PM
The Midnight Madness at Gonzaga is a week late, on Fall Family Weekend. It's on Oct. 24th, starting at 5pm. There hasn't been a true Midnight Madness since the old Kennel days.

GoZags
10-02-2009, 05:06 PM
Two weeks to go until practice starts.

No public statements on Kong or Harris. No media guide, no summer prospectus. No midnight madness.

Did last years hype not sit well with Few, or is he just concerned about the newbies?

Go ZAGS!

Maybe it's just me, but Mike Roth's comments in the Spokesman Review about Kong and Harris seemed pretty "public" to me. Of course, they could have been missed (although there was a pretty good thread on this board at the time).

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2009/sep/17/kong-harris-join-gu-fold/

BobZag
10-02-2009, 05:11 PM
I was talking to a womans coach this morning and learned that Media Guides are being eliminated across the country, some this year, some next year. It's a budget-cutting measure. Summer Prospectuses could be going that way, too.

DADoZAG
10-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Maybe it's just me, but Mike Roth's comments in the Spokesman Review about Kong and Harris seemed pretty "public" to me. Of course, they could have been missed (although there was a pretty good thread on this board at the time).

http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/sportslink/2009/sep/17/kong-harris-join-gu-fold/

The Midnight Madness at Gonzaga is a week late, on Fall Family Weekend. It's on Oct. 24th, starting at 5pm. There hasn't been a true Midnight Madness since the old Kennel days.

Okay, I'll just go away and sulk because I don't have a nice media guide to print out. :o

But anyway...

Go ZAGS!

Reborn
10-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I'd say they're staying way under the radar right here on this board. I mean, with all the Kong hype this summer, when some of us even wondered if he'd ever make it here, and now that he's actually at Gonzaga there hasn't been a single word about him, or for that matter any of the foreigners, and how they're doing. Oh yeah. One person reported thinking he thought he saw Kong from a distance. Wow! Talk a about outstanding reporting. No one has seen them or if they did they're keeping it a secret, playing in any pick-up games? Oh well........One more month and I'll be seeing them on tV.

BobZag
10-02-2009, 05:30 PM
I was told the SEC (one of the wealthiest BCS conferences) would be one of the first to do away with Media Guides. It would seem the economy is causing a lot of belt-tightening everywhere.

HOOTER
10-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh well........One more month and I'll be seeing them on tV.

This is why I'm not taking part in any speculation. I'm just going to patiently wait for the season to start. The team is together, all the pieces are in place. We'll see these guys doing what they do best before too long.