PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get Zag Gear in Seattle/Tacoma Area?

thickman1
10-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Heading to the Seattle/Tacoma area for the weekend and am curious as to which stores carry Zag Gear. I've come home before and it's sometimes spotty to find good gear for kids or adults. If there are "sure things" please list them here. Thanks!

Jakester425
10-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Definately do not waste your time at Southcenter Mall. You would think the largest mall in the state would carry some Zag gear but they dont. My parents live in Olympia and they have a Champs at their mall that carries quite a bit of gear...thats usually where I go. There is a Champs at Southcenter but it sucks and is really small. I'm not sure about the Champs in Bellevue Square, they might have something.

heavyzag
10-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Just Sports usually has a good selection and they have 2 stores in SouthCenter as well as 1 in almost every mall...

Drew
10-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Nordstroms generally has UW, WSU, and Gonzaga gear at the beginning of every school year. I haven't been there this year, but am hoping for the same this year.

Note: I realize a lot of people won't want to pay the Nordstrom premium. It's just nice knowing Nordstrom gives Gonazaga similar placement to UW and WSU.

Nevtelen
10-01-2009, 09:56 AM
I know my Fred Meyer in Covington carries a lot of Zag gear around the season - as much or more than the UW and WSU gear during bball season. I don't know whether this is true for other Fred Meyers in the area.

The sports stores in the Auburn Supermall also usually have a decent selection of Zag stuff, but it varies wildly - sometimes the selection is great (I've found every kind of t-shirt, from WCC tourney shirts that I wondered how the heck this store got them to the most common styles of GU shirts to go along with minature basketballs and stress-reliever-squeezey-things which I use A LOT during games) and other times they have 1 or 2 GU items on the shelves.

thickman1
10-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm sure they all have more selection than here in Milwaukee. :D

Rbo
10-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Nordstroms generally has UW, WSU, and Gonzaga gear at the beginning of every school year. I haven't been there this year, but am hoping for the same this year.

Note: I realize a lot of people won't want to pay the Nordstrom premium. It's just nice knowing Nordstrom gives Gonazaga similar placement to UW and WSU.

There is no "Nordstrom premium" -- it's essentially the same percentage markup as other retailers take (although fewer items go on sale). You get what you pay for. Walking through the Nordstrom at Northgate I spotted a cool Coug T-shirt on Saturday. Saw some purple "Chickens" wear too, but didn't think to look for Zag stuff.

Jakester425
10-01-2009, 12:41 PM
There is no "Nordstrom premium" -- it's essentially the same percentage markup as other retailers take (although fewer items go on sale). You get what you pay for. Walking through the Nordstrom at Northgate I spotted a cool Coug T-shirt on Saturday. Saw some purple "Chickens" wear too, but didn't think to look for Zag stuff.

Nice to meet you John :)

zagporvida
10-02-2009, 04:02 PM
I was over on the west side of the state a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at how little GU stuff I found. It seems like we have fallen out of favor with some stores, or maybe we are just so popular that they can't keep merchandise on the shelves.

If you are lucky you can sometimes find things at Marshall's or Ross' at a much better price than Nordstroms. :)