PDA

View Full Version : I really, really, really hate the offseason.

soonerterp
04-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Is it really going to be several months of no new news about anyone?

This sucks!!!

tyra
04-09-2007, 06:02 AM
You'd hate it less, Terp, if someone were to post the countdown clock because contrary to ancient mythology, a watched clock really does tick faster.

CDC84
04-09-2007, 08:33 AM
It seems like college basketball has the longest offseason of any organized sport....around 7.5-8.5 months...depending on when your team exits the postseason....

BobZag
04-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Pick-up games begin this week. Thus far, Gonzaga's recruiting has been far below the radar, not mentioned in any articles. Weightlifting has been going better than last year with Jeremy and Josh--yes Josh--being the leaders. There's a very good vibe going at GU right now. They know how good next year can be and, after that last game, they are hungry for it.

Even The Masters was boring, imo.
:(

lothar98zag
04-09-2007, 10:16 AM
One way to pass the time is to read the stories posted in this forum:

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

There's a lot of good stuff to read there.

It'll take you at least a week and a half to get through all of those posts.

soonerterp
04-09-2007, 11:45 AM
You'd hate it less, Terp, if someone were to post the countdown clock because contrary to ancient mythology, a watched clock really does tick faster.

Agree.

Countdown clock. NOW!

They should do this on the Terps board but I'm not sure the new scout interface will allow for that (it's still a little buggy to me).

roxdoc
04-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Question for BZ. Are pickup games open to the public? I relaize that they are at different times etc., but could a Spokane resident just wander over to the gym and sit in the stands?

cielmike
04-09-2007, 02:05 PM
an exceptionally long pre-season interspersed with an overabundance of stick ball sport.

Bocco
04-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Soonerterp

I just keep looking at the roster for next year and say to myself....."the wait will be worth it."

BobZag
04-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Question for BZ. Are pickup games open to the public? I relaize that they are at different times etc., but could a Spokane resident just wander over to the gym and sit in the stands?

No, unfortunately, they are closed. Nobody gets into K2 w/o permission from a higher-up. Sorry. :(