PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Goodman: Having no-name roster not unusual for Gonzaga

CDC84
09-21-2009, 11:03 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/10102096/Having-no-name-roster-not-unusual-for-Gonzaga

BobZag
09-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Gotta love Matt's non-PC talk. Like I said in another thread, his sole focus is leading this team as far as it can possibly go. :)

MickMick
09-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Matt Bouldin nails it here.

I absolutely agree with everything he says in this article.

CDC84
09-21-2009, 11:22 AM
I'll never forget after the UConn loss how Matty was the only starter who really showed up in that Portland State game.

I suspected all along that last year's team was fractured. They may have gotten along okay off the floor, but on it....very different story.

ZagNative
09-21-2009, 11:25 AM
O-o-o-h, Matty!

I was interested in this ..
Don't be shocked if 6-foot-7 freshman Elias Harris, a versatile, athletic player from Germany who isn't necessarily defined by a position, moves into the starting lineup -- maybe quicker than anyone expects.

"He can face up, he's athletic and strong and he can put it on the deck," Few said. "They have him playing the one through the four in the tournament. He's guarding guys like Nick Calathes."Doesn't sound like Few plans on smacking that peg into a particular hole any time soon.

cjm720
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Good read. Matt says it how it is...and to think this Board would have ripped him to pieces if that was a post!

Go zags!!

Zaggin' it
09-21-2009, 11:33 AM
You'd think they would have announced that sort of thing rather than allow Goodman to bury it near the bottom of this story!:)

BobZag
09-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Good read. Matt says it how it is...and to think this Board would have ripped him to pieces if that was a post!

Go zags!!

Don't worry, I'm sure the PC police will arrive any minute. They usually do.

CaliforniaZaggin'
09-21-2009, 11:41 AM
I think we've gotten rid of some of the prima donnas.

Make it plain, Matt.

Nice piece by Goodman. Really good stuff.

sdzag
09-21-2009, 12:08 PM
Gonzaga's primary competition for the WAC title could come from a Portland team that surprised many and returns most of its team. Love the article but I have to disagree and say that the primary competition for the WAC title is not being in the WAC. Let's hope Sacre notches his play up. I would love a nasty Zag team this year!

DenDiegoZag
09-21-2009, 12:09 PM
With Patty Mills leaving early from Saint Mary's, it looks as though Gonzaga's primary competition for the WAC title could come from a Portland team that surprised many and returns most of its team.

I just emailed Jeff. I love his pieces on College Hoops, but I would have to say that his editor was not having his best day going over this one.

Dang SD Zag beat me to it while I was emailing Goodman...

Go Zags!

Final4Zag
09-21-2009, 02:20 PM
"Gonzaga and the no-names" I like it. In another thread we were looking for a nickname for this group.

Reborn
09-21-2009, 03:08 PM
From Matt, "I think this team is going to be tougher than our other teams," Bouldin said. "Those guys were great guys, but I think we've gotten rid of some of the prima donnas. That's going to sound derogatory, but I just think we're scrappier and we don't have the big names. We're going to have to be like the old Gonzaga teams and outwork people."

That is what I was referring to a month or so ago when I stated that this team will be a "new" team which is starting out "fresh." That there will no longer be a "cloud" hanging over them. I got highly criticized by a couple bloggers and a moderator for making that statement. And now Matt Bouldin is saying essentially the same thing. It does NOT shock or surprise me.

I thought the article was great. The Zags will surprise many folks this year, including some analysts who have been crossing their fingers for a few years hoping that The Zags NCAA appearance streak would be broken. But, obviously, Goodman is not one of them. He has seen this pattern of Coach Few losing the majority of his scoring punch to graduation and then following that up with a team that makes the Sweet 16 the following year. Few appears to have a lot of confidence in Meech, Sacre and Gray. I like what Few said about Steven Gray. "Few said Gray has a chance to be as good as any guard that has come through the program on his watch, and that's a big heaping of praise since the Zags have churned out Pargo, Dickau and plenty of other quality backcourt players. . Many of us here have too. The news coming out about Meech and Sacre is so exciting. I can hardly wait.

dim4sum
09-21-2009, 05:10 PM
If any of us on this board posted what Matt said we'd get a blizzard of red dots next to our screen persona. Ooooops here come some more. How do I get rid of them anyway??? What must I do to repent?

BobZag
09-21-2009, 05:33 PM
If any of us on this board posted what Matt said we'd get a blizzard of red dots next to our screen persona. Ooooops here come some more. How do I get rid of them anyway??? What must I do to repent?

Rumor is, the Foo is the place to go.

gamagin
09-21-2009, 05:42 PM

your good eye.

GPGUgrad
09-21-2009, 06:05 PM

You are back in the green again, you are healed.

Nice article. Can't wait to watch them play!

ZagAccountant
09-21-2009, 06:17 PM
This is Bouldin's team this year. He is talking like he is putting everything on himself. I love his preseason leadership. I have not been this confident in a true "team" leader for the Zags in a long time. I bet we will see Bouldin getting in a few teammates' faces throughout the season. These talented, young players need this type of leadership IMO. I bet we will have several BIG names by the end of the season.

Wonder if he was talking bout anyone other than austin during the prima donna shout-out. sorry for saying that, but everyone was thinking it.

zagamatic
09-21-2009, 06:21 PM
I like what Matt said about basically having to get down and dirty as a team this season. I don't wanna see a team that has "a star", I wanna see a collective group of guys who truly appreciate every moment they have on the floor and it shows. I don't want to see guys who think they should just automatically be out there over everyone else because of what they did last week or last year. Or simply because they score more because they shoot it nearly every time they have the ball. And with as much talent as there appears to be on this years team, even Bouldin is gonna have to earn his playing time. I want other teams to look at us on their schedule and NOT look forward to playing our TEAM, rather than looking forward to shutting down one or two guys and seeing what everyone else can do.
I am really, really looking forward to this season!

Reborn
09-21-2009, 06:37 PM
I want other teams to look at us on their schedule and NOT look forward to playing our TEAM, rather than looking forward to shutting down one or two guys and seeing what everyone else can do.

The key I think is to have 5, 6 or 7 stars. This means that you have guys on your team who are all really good, and not just average players. Great teams know how to defend and stop most teams. This may exclude Gonzaga which I think focusses a llittle more on how to outscore teams. I think of UNC's team last year. You couldn not shut down one or two guys and win. They had too many good players....not average players, or players who are not stars. The key is getting stars to play unselfish, and that, imo, is what the great coaches can do. Coaches don't make stars. The media does. Are there players who are more talented than others offensively. Of course! To think otherwise is just plain nieve. Gonzaga had the talent last year, for the most part. But I do think they played selfishly at times. Some, of course, more than others.

Believe me! This years team has stars. Plenty. Most will need to be developed, and will. Will they be able to play unselfishly is the question. You see, when you have great players, which GU is now getting, the possibility of most of them being able to be considered as NBA our European players is the big distraction. That's the element that I believe makes a player become selfish. They think too much about the "next step" all the time. And so do some of their parents.

sittingon50
09-21-2009, 07:52 PM
Not everyone.

75Zag
09-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Who cares whether or not GU players are "names" or "no-names" before the first game is played. If they win enough games against Top 25 teams, everyone will learn their names. If they get to the Sweet 16 and beyond, Goodman and Dickie V. and the rest of the usual suspects will be kissing their hind-ends just like every other year.

Meanwhile, relax and enjoy the ride.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

NotoriousZ
09-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Hey Accountant ...Not everyone.

Well I must admit I was thinking of Austin. On my facebook he says: Austin Daye would like you to become a fan of Austin Daye. Now he's just inviting people to join his fan club (and I did of course) but the phrase made me laugh a little anyway.

But Bouldin said prima donnas, plural, so perhaps there are other candidates. Josh and Micah come to mind because from what I've heard they kept to themselves a bit, and if I was fortunate enough to have been a famous BBall player I would have done the same...just like Stockton did his entire carreer.

I'm not saying any of our guys were prima donnas, but I can't fault Matty for saying it. After all, he would know far better than I would.

sittingon50
09-21-2009, 09:39 PM
Hey, just a minute; I'm going to go outside & look under the bus.

ZagsGoZags
09-21-2009, 10:07 PM
Jeremy, Josh and Micah all showed up and started playing, IMHO, with the potential to look like prima donnas because they had the attitudes and make up for it in other environments. But the Gonzaga culture, and Few Basketball culture created a culture where each one of these learned to try to throttle it and become team players, although it may not have come naturally to them, like it was from day one with Gray. Daye is the only one to not try to hide this very much. I take my hat off to all of them, because even Austin, I think, tried to become more of a team player even though he pouted and often showed his disappointment when the ball was not thrown to him. Every single player after January last year was trying hard to be a team player I think, esp Pargo, and stop looking to be the hero. I give them all tons of credit for this effort.

MickMick
09-22-2009, 05:18 AM
What habits you see in a freshman can be changed over time. But once in awhile those hidden habits boil to the surface. When a kid has spent a lifetime practicing certain habits, you can never make them completely go away. Whether they are good or bad.

If you love what you see in a freshman, you can expect more of it in the future. Conversely, if you don't like some things you see in a freshman, expect those things to occasionally rear their head. It is a coaching challenge to mitigate bad habits.

I loved what the freshmen Poling and Goodson displayed. I think they are going to get much, much better. They know their roles. This is the first step in mastering their roles.

jazzdelmar
09-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Let me put it another way: Gonzaga didn't lose any Pendos last year. Downs was probably the grittiest of the departed. I think next year we're going to see new life in the post, and it's going to make a world of difference in the big games.

I think MB's plural included all but Micah, incl the sainted Pargo...thanks Matt for saying what some of us non Pollys said for years........but to be fair, Daye was the #1 prince of me.......he's in the right place for that now....

zagfan24
09-22-2009, 06:35 AM
I'm not saying any of our guys were prima donnas, but I can't fault Matty for saying it. After all, he would know far better than I would.

This is why Matt can say it without criticism, and 99.9% of the people on the board can't. Matt knows the team inside and out, is at every practice, every team meeting, every game.

The overwhelming majority of us don't. Most of us go or went to GU, knew or know several players, and follow the team religiously -- but we don't know the whole story. For that reason, there's never really validity in attacking somebody's character as it relates to the team, and never a point in attacking it as it doesn't relate to the team.

As Bob Dylan says "Don't criticize what you can't understand"

Reborn
09-22-2009, 07:13 AM
They know their roles. This is the first step in mastering their roles.

I really like this, MickMick. There is always a place for humility, and I believe it begins with it. And roles, if you stick around for 4 years, change most of the time. Patience is also a big key. Be patient, Gr####opper! I think the most important quality is being a team player, no matter what role you have. Team should always come first, and that means accepting your role with grace, and then waiting for your time, for your shot. Like Meech.

vandalzag
09-22-2009, 08:14 AM
I think MB's plural included all but Micah, incl the sainted Pargo...thanks Matt for saying what some of us non Pollys said for years........but to be fair, Daye was the #1 prince of me.......he's in the right place for that now....

Jazz you are in mid-season form. I really like how you have already honed your mind reading skills and can determine what Matt was saying in the article. I mean I have met Matt and spoken to him on a number of occasions since last year and I really have no idea who he specifically referring to in the article, But amazingly you can do this, this is like a super power. If only you could harness this power and use it for other things than a message board. You need to pace yourself or you may run out of bitter before the season is over. Who am I kidding, you have an endless supply of bile to spread around.

Have you picked out which freshman or returning player you are going to single out this year as too hyped, over rated, not Dickau, or not true zags (since you are the authority)? You really should write a book on how to be a true fan of Gonzaga, so the all the "Polly's" (all fans who like players not named Dickau, Bankhead, or Santangelo) can properly take shots at players while posting on a fan board. I for one could use the help, because in the 35 years I have been around this program, I have been way to positive.

cjm720
09-22-2009, 08:22 AM
This is why Matt can say it without criticism, and 99.9% of the people on the board can't. Matt knows the team inside and out, is at every practice, every team meeting, every game.

The overwhelming majority of us don't. Most of us go or went to GU, knew or know several players, and follow the team religiously -- but we don't know the whole story. For that reason, there's never really validity in attacking somebody's character as it relates to the team, and never a point in attacking it as it doesn't relate to the team.

As Bob Dylan says "Don't criticize what you can't understand"

And yet some opinions were dead on and confirmed by Matt. Message boards are meant to impart opinions AND provide factual information.

go guboards and go zags!!

BroncoZAG615
09-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Jazz you are in mid-season form. I really like how you have already honed your mind reading skills and can determine what Matt was saying in the article. I mean I have met Matt and spoken to him on a number of occasions since last year and I really have no idea who he specifically referring to in the article, But amazingly you can do this, this is like a super power. If only you could harness this power and use it for other things than a message board. You need to pace yourself or you may run out of bitter before the season is over. Who am I kidding, you have an endless supply of bile to spread around.

Have you picked out which freshman or returning player you are going to single out this year as too hyped, over rated, not Dickau, or not true zags (since you are the authority)? You really should write a book on how to be a true fan of Gonzaga, so the all the "Polly's" (all fans who like players not named Dickau, Bankhead, or Santangelo) can properly take shots at players while posting on a fan board. I for one could use the help, because in the 35 years I have been around this program, I have been way to positive.

This is one of the better posts I've read on any message board. I was very excited to not have to read the criticisms of "Pgo" anymore but I guess we can still belittle our guys when they are a continent away.

jazzdelmar
09-22-2009, 09:21 AM

Matt used the term prima donnas, thats plural btw. Means more than one. So who do u think he was referring to? I imagine even u wd stipulate that Daye is one of them....................

jazzdelmar
09-22-2009, 09:24 AM
This is one of the better posts I've read on any message board. I was very excited to not have to read the criticisms of "Pgo" anymore but I guess we can still belittle our guys when they are a continent away.

"they are a continent away"..whaa? u mean he's not in the NBA? who wd have guessed that?

zaguarxj
09-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Ok, since nobody else has the guts to call him out, I will. The biggest prima-donna on the team was obviously Andrew Sorenson. As I pointed out last year, the Zags were undefeated when Sorenson played significant minutes. You could see this remarkable success go to his head as he launched 3 pointers (with a gaudy 0.435% success rate) to the cheers of the crowd and adulation of his teammates. Even when he was on the bench, he was always trying to draw attention to himself with his positive enthusiasm and exhuberant support for his teammates. So there it is, the elephant in the living room.

pst..... -> ;) (for the sarcasm impaired)

vandalzag
09-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Matt used the term prima donnas, thats plural btw. Means more than one. So who do u think he was referring to? I imagine even u wd stipulate that Daye is one of them....................

First off I would agree with AD, that being said since you are being captain literal his quote was in part "I think we've gotten rid of some of the prima donnas". Now that would mean that there are some left, who would they be? I ask you because I have no idea. With the state of journalism these days, I take everything written with a very big grain of salt. Where Matt is missing the point here is that there is one name player on this team and it is him. And he has as many short comings and detractors as the players who have moved on. This would be the same for all the players who have played here, because they are kids.
And I just do not get why some clown like yourself continues to derive such pleasure out of ripping some 18-22 year old kid that is playing a game.

ZagNative
09-22-2009, 09:52 AM
And I just do not get why some clown like yourself continues to derive such pleasure out of ripping some 18-22 year old kid that is playing a game.Plus 1. Plenty strange.

jazzdelmar
09-22-2009, 09:54 AM
you guys are sooooooooooo easy to get riled up........looks like its gonna be a beautiful season.......oh, i like ALL the players now.....not a selfish one among em, far as i know......

DADoZAG
09-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Those of you with psychology experience may know better, but it seems to me that it's common place to justify one's own opinion by interpreting the words of others. And, just because it's common place, doesn't mean it's the best practice.

Dispite how we all took part of Matt's comments, it's great that he's looking forward to a year of tougher, scrappier, team ball.

"We're going to have to be like the old Gonzaga teams and outwork people."

Sounds great, Matt!

Go ZAGS!

MDABE80
09-22-2009, 11:27 AM
As things go these days, the spoken words are usually ill thought out. Lots of people aren't precise...epecially in an interview. Much of it is just loose talk. It gets better when people actually write but it gets even more accurate and precise when someone goes back and writes knows that the words will be scrutinised carefully and maybe even attacked. I see tis all the time at the scientist/physician level when authors defend manuscripts.

Thus, we see Matt chatting like crazy without a precise thought. "Prima Donnas".ok...Matt define that. Likely he couldn't do it precisely but the feeling is there. Who exactly he meant is likely Austin...because everyone saw the mannerisms displayed. After his downfall, I don't think Josh. Who knows about the other two..Micah did come to mind though. Jeremy? nah...doubt it.

Nonetheless, HS stars do tend to be "special" if you ask em. Our kids are usually clue collar kids who excel. Look who's joining us this year. All blue collar without much fanfare. This is the team we've been waiting for. Even before the season begins, let's renew out dedication to friendship, camaraderie and having some fun. Being hypercritical only makes the person feel worse.

Jazz provides a sober look at things. Sometimes he puts it too harshly and sometimes not. Hes a keen evaluator though and sometimes it's tough to decipher exactly what he means....and sometimes it doesn't make the reader happy. He's tough in his opinions but I've yet to see "no basis" in any of his opinions. Boards need balance IMO. Some are polys and some arent: thus some balance. It makes for a better board to have diverse thoughts and opinions...but only if anger isn't present. Then the good communication sorta fades. Just some thoughts as I look out my window as a gorgeous early Autumn day proceeds.

jazzdelmar
09-22-2009, 11:32 AM
As things go these days, the spoken words are usually ill thought out. Lots of people aren't precise...epecially in an interview. Much of it is just loose talk. It gets better when people actually write but it gets even more accurate and precise when someone goes back and writes knows that the words will be scrutinised carefully and maybe even attacked. I see tis all the time at the scientist/physician level when authors defend manuscripts.

Thus, we see Matt chatting like crazy without a precise thought. "Prima Donnas".ok...Matt define that. Likely he couldn't do it precisely but the feeling is there. Who exactly he meant is likely Austin...because everyone saw the mannerisms displayed. After his downfall, I don't think Josh. Who knows about the other two..Micah did come to mind though. Jeremy? nah...doubt it.

Nonetheless, HS stars do tend to be "special" if you ask em. Our kids are usually clue collar kids who excel. Look who's joining us this year. All blue collar without much fanfare. This is the team we've been waiting for. Even before the season begins, let's renew out dedication to friendship, camaraderie and having some fun. Being hypercritical only makes the person feel worse.

Jazz provides a sober look at things. Sometimes he puts it too harshly and sometimes not. Hes a keen evaluator though and sometimes it's tough to decipher exactly what he means....and sometimes it doesn't make the reader happy. He's tough in his opinions but I've yet to see "no basis" in any of his opinions. Boards need balance IMO. Some are polys and some arent: thus some balance. It makes for a better board to have diverse thoughts and opinions...but only if anger isn't present. Then the good communication sorta fades. Just some thoughts as I look out my window as a gorgeous early Autumn day proceeds.

doc--good 'scrip, doc....but Matt seems like the kinda kid who wdnt just say things w/o some rumination.....seems level headed....so hence the speculation as to multiple culprits....then again, maybe he cloaked his AD shot in a plural....i think he's that smart, yes. hopefully we do have the TEAM we all want....yes, i will miss josh and micah, warts and all.....and, yes, i really do like what i hear abt all the kids this year....but most imp, what u said: let's renew out dedication to friendship, camaraderie and having some fun......my window says 85 and 72 water temp; but thats just me....:D

CaliforniaZaggin'
09-22-2009, 12:00 PM
"they are a continent away"..whaa? u mean he's not in the NBA? who wd have guessed that?

Regardless of any deficiencies you saw their games or attitudes (referring to Jeremy, Josh, and Micah), why wouldn't you be supportive of their careers? If you're a fan of GU Basketball, why would you seemingly take pleasure in the fact that these former Zags weren't able to make it straight into the NBA? :confused: :confused: :confused:

ZagsGoZags
09-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Whoa there Vandal .....
get up on the wrong side of bed this morning?
we're all zag lovers

Mantua
09-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Matt's integrity has always been impressive. He could have been a touch more politic and referred instead to the new team as not having Prima Donnas, but he chose to be blunt. As the leader of this team who intends to be effective, he's wise to put out a strong message early.

sittingon50
09-22-2009, 01:10 PM
Jeremy & cohorts produced 105 wins & 4 NCAA wins.

Blakes group produced 107 wins & 4 NCAA wins.

Yeah, this last group wasn't worth a damn. Good riddance.

CDC84
09-22-2009, 01:16 PM
As much as I like Matty's attitude, I still believe that the true leader of this team is going to end up being Demetri Goodson. Not only will he have the ball in his hands most of the time, but he's just a natural, vocal leader. He just knows how to take control of a team. It's innate. Needless to say, Meech's extreme competitive fire jives perfectly with the kinds of things Matt is saying. Both will lead from the same place.

webspinnre
09-22-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm not sure why we care? Part of taking over as leader is showing that you're in charge and then distancing yourself from previous leaders. As long as we win this year, I'm not going to worry about last year.

NewbyZag
09-22-2009, 01:34 PM
I'm surprised nobody has caught the other error in the article...richie frahm, not frohm goodman...i mean cmon

Robzagnut
09-22-2009, 03:31 PM
I could care less about who was last years Prima Donnas.

I just want to see Sacre, Poling and Dower ripping down rebounds under the basket and changing shots. I miss the tough as nails players with the 'no team is EVER going to out rebound us' attitude. Last year my groan maker was getting tired watching the other teams get offensive rebound after offensive rebound.

Michigan State early on will be a good test, because Izzo demands that his teams rebound.

theothegreat21
09-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Two questions

1) Why does everyone assume that Austin was one of these prima donnas? Seriously, what in the article suggests it was Austin, and what besides the fact that he got upset when called for fouls and then went pro early suggest that is who is being referred to?

2) And if anyone can actually answer this please do....how do we know that Matt isn't one of the prima donnas? Do we just assume it?

Zag365
09-22-2009, 04:21 PM
I could care less about who was last years Prima Donnas.

Agree. I don't see the point of dwelling on Matt's statement or trying to parse it (seems like it's mostly a few who are into I-told-you-so). Last year was a great year. We made it back to the SS, we had lots of good things to say about the team, we had a first round NBA pick plus several near misses who are playing in Europe, and we have a nice core (despite being under the national radar) coming back with a fantastic group of redshirts and new recruits. I admit that, like many on the Board, I some times questioned what appearted to be "attitude" and lack of focus at times during last season. But it ended up being a successful year (thanks guys) and it's time to move on.

Who knows what Matt meant and I don't see any reason how it helps him, last year's players, or us as Zags to rag on last year's team. It is what it is. For all we know, it was a flip comment meant to needle. I've called guys that I've played with pansies just to get them fired up. We've all done stuff like that.

The take-away I got from Matt's comments was that he personally is going to challenge the "no-names" to go out with the good ol' Zag chip-on-the-shoulder and show 'em we're a lot better than the experts think we are. That's good enough for me. I could care less whether there were or were not prima donnas on last year's team.

BroncoZAG615
09-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Obviously jazzdel is John Stockton's alias and he has the inside info on what's going on in the locker room. In response to your question, yes Jeremy is playin basketball in Europe, not in the NBA.

My immediate thought when I read this quote by Matt was not Austin. I've never seen him as a "me" first player. I think his emotion on the court was misconstrued by people on this board that flat out didn't like him, for whatever reason. Austin never left me embarassed to be a Gonzaga fan. He said the right things, played with great passion, and has represented Gonzaga well as he has made his journey to the NBA. Sadly, I think that no matter what he does in the NBA, he'll never be completely embraced by this fanbase and it is an absolute shame. We've interviewed Austin for our blog and came away extremely impressed with his demeanor and overall attitude toward the program. I don't want to go into the reason why I think some Gonzaga fans didn't like him because I don't want to face the fact that my opinon may be true.

I really hope he is never brought up on this board again because I don't think he deserves the criticism that has been put on his shoulders.

jazzdelmar
09-22-2009, 04:37 PM
its amazing to me how some of you who excoriate me on the board for my usually tame, sometimes good natured, rarely personal comments on certain players and how they play then feel the extra need to go on and also post the most vile, personal, profane, and anonymous, comments on my User CP. at least i am out here, many here know and have met me...if u feel that strongly, shoot me a PM, dont hide behind the screen.....of c, i have no idea who is doing this, but im sure i can take an educated guess....

vandalzag
09-22-2009, 06:28 PM
its amazing to me how some of you who excoriate me on the board for my usually tame, sometimes good natured, rarely personal comments on certain players and how they play then feel the extra need to go on and also post the most vile, personal, profane, and anonymous, comments on my User CP. at least i am out here, many here know and have met me...if u feel that strongly, shoot me a PM, dont hide behind the screen.....of c, i have no idea who is doing this, but im sure i can take an educated guess....

Your kidding right? Maybe you might want to look at the crap you post and the subsequent reactions. Your comments are not anything close to being good natured or non-personal when it comes to players. While I do not condone the the hidden comments that are profane or abusive on the CP, it is ironic that you are taken aback by people commenting anonymously, hiding behind the screen, but you have absolutely no hesitation when ripping a college kid on this board while remaining anonymous.