PDA

View Full Version : Great game for Turiaf

meadgrad02
04-08-2007, 02:47 PM
19 points, 15 boards in 28 minutes, with 5 fouls though, not a surprise. But i still think this guy deserves to play more and more. I hope that will be the case, always bringing energy...

BobZag
04-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Had a nice game vs the Sonics a few nights ago, as well. Can't listen long, though. David Locke makes my brain hurt.

ZagNative
04-08-2007, 05:44 PM
I wonder how much Ronny's problems with his hips limit his playing time. My impression is that he has a fair amount of pain to deal with.

RanchZagFan
04-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Watched Turiaf play big minutes tonight against the Clippers. I really think he may end up being a more productive pro than Morrison. Reminds me of lower picks such as Wallace, Haslem and others who ended up being much more productive players than many of the guys chosen ahead of them. I really like him way more as a pro than I though I would...quite a steal for the Lakers I think.

DrDrivel
04-12-2007, 10:06 PM
He got absolutely worked over by Elton Brand tonight, but it is nice to see him logging serious minutes, especially ahead of Andrew Bynum, who doesn't seem to play with any consistent focus or dedication yet. I love both of them as the future of the Lakers' frontcourt and I think that in two years, they'll be a great tandem that can be relied upon. As it is, however, Turiaf is going to be the go-to guy for awhile.

meadgrad02
04-12-2007, 10:26 PM
kobe - 50 points, 1 assist. he sure makes his TEAMmates better doesn't he.

Chicken Ball
04-13-2007, 05:49 AM
That's not entirely fair. There've beens several games in the last couple weeks where he's scored a bunch of points and dished 8, 10, 12 assists. That's been more the rule of late. Kobe and Chauncey Billups are both on my fantasy team, and the last month, Kobe's been giving me more assists than Billups.

sonuvazag
04-13-2007, 06:14 AM
kobe - 50 points, 1 assist. he sure makes his TEAMmates better doesn't he.

He is in the top 25 in the league in assists, I believe.

50 points = 25 assists in production

You don't think scoring helps the cause? We're talking about a shooting guard here. Besides, Phil Jackson publicly stated that he had asked Kobe to go into "lights out" mode a few weeks ago to turn their losing streak around. You don't think obeying the coach's orders is being a good teammate.

If you follow the team in the least, you'd know Odom and Walton are coming back from extended injuries and Kobe is picking up their slack. What the Lakers want is to get into the playoffs and return to the team ball that almost knocked the Suns out last year.

Just out of curiosity, did you see the Suns v. Lakers series last year. I'm a Suns fan and I was blown away by how much of team player Kobe can be and even moreso by how much he wants to be.

Rubbadub
04-13-2007, 07:49 AM
He is in the top 25 in the league in assists, I believe.

50 points = 25 assists in production

You don't think scoring helps the cause? We're talking about a shooting guard here. Besides, Phil Jackson publicly stated that he had asked Kobe to go into "lights out" mode a few weeks ago to turn their losing streak around. You don't think obeying the coach's orders is being a good teammate.

If you follow the team in the least, you'd know Odom and Walton are coming back from extended injuries and Kobe is picking up their slack. What the Lakers want is to get into the playoffs and return to the team ball that almost knocked the Suns out last year.

Just out of curiosity, did you see the Suns v. Lakers series last year. I'm a Suns fan and I was blown away by how much of team player Kobe can be and even moreso by how much he wants to be.

Understand and agree with your points in general (and usually i'm a fan of Kobe's game), but the sad truth about playing with someone who can on a given night put up more than half the team's shots is that the output on both ends of the court can suffer if everyone else gets complacent and watches Kobe. The same went for Iverson but with weaker role players surrounding him. This doesnt always happen to the Lakers but last night in the fourth quarter, it did. The Clips overcame a 17 point deficit to win by like...8? and this was during the stretch when Kobe was putting up terrible shots in double coverage and missing badly. he needs to know when to flip that switch and when to get his teammates involved.

On a side note, there was one scary moment where Tim Thomas pulled Ronny up from the ground after a foul and good naturedly slapped his chest...and Ronny kind of grabbed his chest like it had hurt pretty bad and then he was slumped over for several seconds before taking his foul shots. I don't know if anyone else noticed that.

sonuvazag
04-13-2007, 08:51 AM
He needs to know when to flip that switch and when to get his teammates involved.

Yeah, I should have added that. In fact, I stated almost the exact same thing on the last Kobe-bash. I think he can make the right decisions, but lately he hasn't been looking to pass under any circumstance--double or triple teams be darned. If they keep going this way, it will be good for the Suns. Mainly, I think Kobe is a team player more than people suggest.

Gonzdb8
04-13-2007, 10:28 AM
not sure why you think kobe hasn't been looking to pass lately. excluding last night he's averaging over 7 dimes per game over the last 7 games. on the season he's averaging 5.5 while scoring 30 plus. anyone who doesn't think kobe gets his teammates involved hasn't been watching many lakers games this season.

sonuvazag
04-13-2007, 11:05 AM
Overtime against the Rockets is what I saw. He took some ill-advised shots. Most notably, he drew a double-team into the baseline corner and took a difficult fadeaway rather than pass to a cutter down the lane who had a potential bunny. Kobe missed it on a key play. You've seen more games than me, and I stand corrected.

Kobe for MVP by the way.