PDA

View Full Version : Best Part Of 06-07

EL MUSTACIO
04-07-2007, 09:20 PM
I know that many are fixed on the bright future of our beloved zags next year, but imo the season hasnt ended and wont until the first preseason game. Anyways, what was the greatest moment of this last year. We had our ups and downs, but we overcame adversity and turned a scary situation into a golden future. So what was the best part of this year.

IMO, it was a tie between Jeremy's hair in the last game vs Indiana and a certain Micah Downs block in which he came from behind the defender, with one hand and got the ball back himself.

tyra
04-07-2007, 09:41 PM
between having great seats (next to Father Spitzer) and seeing the Zags crush the Dawgs or the courtside seats while watching the heart and spirit of team in the near-miss against Memphis. What a great year. What fun

BroncoZAG615
04-07-2007, 09:43 PM
For me... it was the comeback and effort against Carolina (totally shutting Hansbrough down) and the effort against Memphis. Two excellent Zag games.

GonzagaLove
04-07-2007, 11:24 PM
I agree, watching the Zags beat down North Carolina is at the top of my list. Josh absolutely dominated Hansbourgh. Close second was the UW massacare.

Gonzdb8
04-08-2007, 01:39 AM
without question the game in K2 against UW. this was the most energetic and crazy i've ever seen our home crowd. this rivaled some of the phi slama jama games of the early 80s i attended.

ZagManFan
04-08-2007, 07:26 AM
Memphis game #1 for me. Ravio's half court shot #2. The Memphis game was one of those rare occasions where the local fan base cheered and cheered and cheered at the top of their lungs the whole 2nd half. I could just feel the people their wanted to let the Zags know they were behind them 100% even with the recent events the team had. Made me so proud to be a Zag fan that day.

Ravio's shot was just....well.....what do you say for a shot like that.

SunDevilGolfZag
04-08-2007, 07:37 AM
DR's free throw record and some of Pargos dunks are memorable + the Memphis, North Carolina, and Texas games. The UW game was also a great win, but lost some luster when it became apparent how marginal they really were.

Nevtelen
04-08-2007, 08:50 AM
As for a single play, thinking back over the season I really think my favorite was that first alley oop by Josh in the Eastern game. There were so many questions about this team coming out of the opening practices and the exhibition games and I was pretty nervous about how some of the players, especially Josh, were going to perform. Around here, some people were nervous that Eastern was really going to give us a game. That first alley oop a little ways into the game just erased all those fears for me. I just felt the team would be okay after seeing that and jumping out of my chair.

EL MUSTACIO
04-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Nevtelen, htats exactly what I was thinking when that happened. It just seemed like it was going to be ok. It was for about half the season until we fell apart. Luckily we picked it up during the WCC tourney, but then ran out of gas in the post-season. Here's to a great season next year.

GO ZAGS!!!

soonerterp
04-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Wins over North Carolina, Texas, Washington, Stanford especially. The loss vs. Memphis because they weren't going to go down with their tails between their legs like little scared puppies.

Individually, Raivio's near perfection from the stripe and Kuso and Pendo stepping up huge when their minutes increased after the thing. Seeing Pargo continue to be a valuable young guard on the team as well.

Seeing Downs emerge.

TheZagPhish
04-09-2007, 08:19 AM
I most appreciate the unseen, off court leadership, adjustments and focus that it took for the team to handle the daisy chain of adversities over the season. There were so many issues that the team had to navigate around and through, and they did it repeatedly. The on-court foreground - many sweet plays, hard fought victories, shared leadership and excellence - were the synthesis of monumental determination in the background.

They were Zags.

http://web.mac.com/srhampton/iWeb/SRHampton/zagablog/zagablog_files/06-07_collage.jpg

sonuvazag
04-09-2007, 11:04 AM
Thanks ZagPhish, I have a new background for my pc.

EL MUSTACIO
04-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Zagphish,
did u just make the pic for the post or have you had it for awhile?

TheZagPhish
04-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Zagphish,
did u just make the pic for the post or have you had it for awhile?

A little of each. :) In getting some of the materials together for the retrospective video (which *is* coming - swear), I assembled a little collage; some favorite images.

ZagNative
04-10-2007, 02:17 AM
ZagPhish, I love that collage. Makes a great background for my laptop.

It reminds me of the Richard Scarry books my kids used to love, with lots of things to look at, but with Zags shooting hoops instead of kitties riding motorcycles!

http://drawn.ca/wordpress/wp-content/images/scarrywordbook.jpg