• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CroatiaZag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Mar 2008

Who wore #11 during 1990?

I've been asking around and searching the web for a while...can anyone help me out?
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

I'm not sure about this, but I think it might have been Mike Winger. El Voce ought to remember, he did the starting lineup intros back in those days...
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• hondo
      Zag for Life
      • May 2009

Just a guess

Going out on a limb I would guess Jamie Dudley

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
        Bleeds Bulldog Blue
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hondo View Post
        Going out on a limb I would guess Jamie Dudley
        That would also make sense, it's a PG's #.
        You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

Originally posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
          I'm not sure about this, but I think it might have been Mike Winger. El Voce ought to remember, he did the starting lineup intros back in those days...
          El Voce has a good memory, but it's just real short. Sorry, can't help - Winger or Dudley both sound like good guesses.

Comment

• hondo
            Zag for Life
            • May 2009

Number 11 was a popular number about that time. starting in 1984-85 Dwan Hurt wore #11 then Marlon Wadlington wore #11 in 86-87-and 87-88. Jamie Dudley wore that same number as pictured on the cover of 1992-93
            game program. Kevin Williams wore #11 after Jamie left until 1997. Then along came Quentin Hall in 1998 and in 1999-2000 season number 11 belonged to Germayne Forbes.

Comment

• sofa king
              Bulldog Fan
              • Nov 2007

Edgar Martinez!!!!

Comment

• GU69
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

It looks like Hondo got it.

I wasn't following the team that closely then, but I found a box score on the internet from a game in 1990 that shows Jamie Dudley as #11.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

• ChicagoZag
                  Bulldog Fan
                  • Feb 2007

I remember being there that night. LMU was the greatest show around in those days. It was a point of pride that GU kept them under 100. 1989-90 was a tough year for Gonzaga basketball, although Jim McPhee was always fun to watch shoot.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                    • Feb 2007

My favorite player that year was the Brain. LOL.

That was a great game to watch, but as I remember, LMU kinda ran away with it, literally. I think that was the game that the Zag's got T'ed up for delay of game because after every made Bulldog hoop a Zag would swat the ball toward the sideline. The Lions would normally fastbreak after every hoop, Per Stumer would try to grab the ball as it was still coming out of the net and look for Fryer or Lowery. The Zags started fighting for those like they were rebounds in an effort to slow the Lions down. Got T'ed though.
                    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• CroatiaZag
                      Bulldog Fan
                      • Mar 2008

Awesome. The reason I was asking was because I bought a pair of "game worn" shorts on ebay with his number on the tag.

Jamie Dudley is the first player I can remember watching, so this is cool. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X