PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance at Jai Lucas?

HillBillyZag
04-07-2007, 12:48 PM
I saw in S-I that he is the only McDonalds A.A. who has not commited, although they say Kentucky is after him. I like his passing and ball handling, and Coaches sons are usually well schooled in fundimentals. From what I have read he seems like a young man of good character also.

ZagManFan
04-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Nice kid, but word around the site is saying that Jai will not be coming to GU.

CDC84
04-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Gonzaga is 2 schoolies over the limit for 2007 right now, and GU has never been interested in Lucas....despite what scout.com, etc., is saying. They accidentally clicked the wrong button or something. Gonzaga is interested in getting a 2008 PG though.

As a side note....I also think it's proving to be a risk to take kids into your program who are so indecisive in making a school choice....so many of these "elite" guys that wait to the last second to decide end up being: 1) headcases 2) not as good as advertised. And it doesn't matter how highly ranked they were either. Part of the reason why Tubby Smith is not coaching at UK anymore is because he took on a number of these guys (Morris, Crawford, etc.), and not surprisingly, he was going after Lucas and Patterson. It's a sign of lazy recruiting. And no, I am not saying that Lucas and Patterson aren't as good as advertised or that they are headcases. Time will tell. But it is a common trait that these "I'll take forever to decide" types tend to share.

Birddog
04-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Last I heard, the experts, such as they are, think Lucas and Patterson are a pkg deal, and they were waiting to see what shook out at Kentucky. OU, and OSU are still keeping their fingers crossed, but I doubt that Lucas will attend class in OK.

Birddog

BobZag
04-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Gators making a run at him now.

Birddog
04-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Gators making a run at him now.
Don't they already have a top PG recruit coming in?

Birddog

Ghost
04-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Don't they already have a top PG recruit coming in?

Birddog

Yes, but he is 6'6" and can play the 2