PDA

View Full Version : Gary Bell, Jr. not rated Top-75 by Scout

BobZag
09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2011

What a joke leaving Gary out.

Congrats to Kyle Wiltjer and Nick Johnson. Gary should be in there with them.

memorial80
09-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about any of those rating sites. Part of it is who you play for, are you being featured correctly, coaches relationship with Meyer or Telp,etc...

I had a chance to watch the Nick Johnson team at the Adidas Nation event and he is the real deal... A special athlete. In that event he was in my opinion one of the best 5 players on that team and he received very little playing time (very political).

Eroop22
09-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Long time reader first time poster. BZ is right it is ridicules that they left Gary out of the top 75. However I am sure he will be climbing up that list soon enough.

CaliforniaZaggin'
09-02-2009, 12:59 PM
I think playing with Josh and Tony has caused Gary to be overlooked by some of the recruiting sites. College coaches, however, appear to know just how good Gary is, including Mark Few.

spudzag
09-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm happy to have him overlooked and to some extent flying under the radar. It would be a good thing if he get's here with a chip on his shoulder!

CDC84
09-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Gary Bell Jr. isn't flying under the radar with everyone. He's ranked at #74 with Rivals....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Gary-Bell%20Jr.-94884

spudzag
09-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Gary Bell Jr. isn't flying under the radar with everyone. He's ranked at #74 with Rivals....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Gary-Bell%20Jr.-94884

Too true, guess it's just wishful thinking on my part.

mdZag23
09-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I wish people would quit putting sooooo much stock in rankings and Freshman!

dawgfather11
09-02-2009, 04:26 PM
fwiw most on dawgman were suprised he wasn't there and then eric bossi one of the recruiting analysts who has recently joined dawgman posted this

"I was under the impression that Bell was making it in. I know I made my case for him! Dave gets final call, though. Personally, I'd probably have him pushing top 50. "

Not that it matters though should be a real dawg fight for his services, I know UW fans are just drooling thinking about potentially pulling in a class with Wroten Chol Pelle and Bell

BobZag
09-02-2009, 06:04 PM
fwiw most on dawgman were suprised he wasn't there and then eric bossi one of the recruiting analysts who has recently joined dawgman posted this

"I was under the impression that Bell was making it in. I know I made my case for him! Dave gets final call, though. Personally, I'd probably have him pushing top 50. "

Not that it matters though should be a real dawg fight for his services, I know UW fans are just drooling thinking about potentially pulling in a class with Wroten Chol Pelle and Bell

Good luck with Wroten, Chol and Pelle. ;)