PDA

View Full Version : Been Dis'd?

Kiddwell
09-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Dis'd = disrespected, disregarded, treated like cr@p just because you're a Zags fan…

Like, for instance, driving southbound on the 5 Freeway (about two hours out of LA) and a pickup truck with three 20-somethings aboard creeps by in the left lane (very bunched-up traffic). Except the creeps aren't just creeping! The boneheaded middle passenger is giving Kiddwell the finger! This dimwitted "salute" continues for maybe three minutes/three miles, making it the Longest "Finger" in the History of the United States Interstate Highway System!

And why abuse meek and lowly Kiddwell? Because Kiddwell's car happens to sport a proud GONZAGA ALUMNI license-plate frame, that's why! (Oh, well, probably just some twit UCLA fans, anyway…)

So! Been dis'd, proud Zags? Here's your chance to vent, and receive consolation.

:]

frontrangezag
09-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I gave my dad a Gonzaga hitch cover for his truck a couple years ago. He lives in Raleigh, NC.

He was stopped at a stoplight in the capital city when a Beemer with a tarheels sticker pulled up beside him. When the light turned green, the driver of the beemer yelled "Gonzaga Sucks!" at my dad and drove off.

This was prior to beatdown that we gave UNC that year.

HOOTER
09-02-2009, 10:11 AM
I was on Whidbey Island a couple months back sporting my blue Gonzaga hoodie when a couple walked in front of me giving me dirty looks, then the guy whispered something in his womans ear and they both started to laugh out loud. I can only assume they were fuskies fans offended by my attire.

MDABE80
09-02-2009, 10:31 AM
My wife has ZAG plates on her SUV. She was driving back to LA from San Diego and 2 young fellas saw her plates and held up a crucifix.;)

RenoZag
09-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Was in the Jacksonville airport waiting on a plane to Vegas. Wearing a Gonzaga polo shirt. Reading a book.

Two guys park themselves on the same row of chairs.

"Gonzaga, huh ?"

Some sort of response from me.

"Are they going to have a good team this year ?"

"That crybaby Morrison sure didn't do anything for your guys' reputation."

No response from me. Back to the book.

BobZag
09-02-2009, 11:54 AM
I was on Whidbey Island a couple months back sporting my blue Gonzaga hoodie when a couple walked in front of me giving me dirty looks, then the guy whispered something in his womans ear and they both started to laugh out loud. I can only assume they were fuskies fans offended by my attire.

Pinch her, Hooter. :D

Angelo Roncalli
09-02-2009, 11:58 AM
I have a vanity plate on my car that says "GONZAGA" I have have it for about 20 years.

When parked near Key Arena for a Sonics/Jazz game about 7 or 8 years ago, someone keyed "Stockton sucks" on one of the doors.

Someone left a note on my windshield when I was in a parking lot a few years ago that said he'd pay me $1,500 cash to transfer the rights to the plates to him. No deal.

I get many more waves and thumbs up than birds.

I drive past Hec/Ed and Husky Stadium at least twice a day. One of my dogs barks at the Husky sculpture every time we drive past. One day I parked in the lot, put her on her leash and we walked up to sculpture. She sniffed it and peed on the spot. Treats when we got home.

Nevtelen
09-02-2009, 12:06 PM
I thought I'd get more grief living on the W side of the state, but see more support than not wtih a GU bumper sticker on my car or when wearing my GU gear.

willandi
09-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Kidwell,
I think they were either indicating how long their good players will stay at UCLA, or how many games, out of ten, they would beat the Zags on a neutral floor.

Eroop22
09-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I was in vegas for holloween rocking my best AM3 costume stash and all. When one of the stalker dudes trying to sell condos starts pestering me. I tell him I am not interested. He replies you probably cant afford it no Zags last in the league. Our team was Dis'd.

krozman
09-02-2009, 01:14 PM
15 years ago Gonzaga would just get a confused look from ignorant masses. The fact the "dis" exists shows the progress of the program. Your "Dis" is my happy fortune.

cjm720
09-02-2009, 01:15 PM
I have a vanity plate on my car that says "GONZAGA" I have have it for about 20 years.

When parked near Key Arena for a Sonics/Jazz game about 7 or 8 years ago, someone keyed "Stockton sucks" on one of the doors.

Someone left a note on my windshield when I was in a parking lot a few years ago that said he'd pay me $1,500 cash to transfer the rights to the plates to him. No deal.

I drive past Hec/Ed and Husky Stadium at least twice a day. One of my dogs barks at the Husky sculpture every time we drive past. One day I parked in the lot, put her on her leash and we walked up to sculpture. She sniffed it and peed on the spot. Treats when we got home.

Please tell me your pooch is a Bulldog! Funny stuff.

kitzbuel
09-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Around here I get lots of people telling me that they went that highschool, too. I tell them no, I went to the University and they look confused.

coolhandzag
09-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I was visiting my parents in Cd’A this summer and on the way back stopped at ZagShop West. While looking around a couple walks in and the matriarch of this particular couple decides to personally illustrate her propensity for poor decision making by announcing to store “I (she) should have worn her Gonzaga Sucks T-Shirt.”

Anyone one who knows me at all also knows I’m going to let that slide.

I got directly between the couple, face to face with the misses and told her that “Maybe your husband should have worn his dentistry is expensive T-Shirt.” Then turned to her husband and said “Don’t let your wife's reckless mouth get you into trouble.”

He said he was sorry. She didn’t, and she wasn’t, but the point was made.

After which I kept thinking about one of the many pearls of wisdom delivered by the esteemed western philosopher Al Czervik…..”Now I know why tigers eat their young.”

Kiddwell
09-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Kidwell,
I think they were either indicating how long their good players will stay at UCLA, or how many games, out of ten, they would beat the Zags on a neutral floor.

My guess, Wil? His IQ...

DenDiegoZag
09-02-2009, 03:44 PM

Same here Angelo...many more "Go Zags!" cheers from people in San Diego and Denver with my alumni license plate holder than fingers...and screw it when I did get some fingers from the occasional Torero fan...I just sent em one right back while noting how often we beat them...

I will say that I am very often surprised at how frequently people react to any kind of Zag gear. It's good to know that we are so popular regardless of whether that popularity leads to others liking or disliking us.

zaguarxj
09-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Success breed animosity. If the Zags stunk, nobody would bother to hate them. I take it as a compliment.

SunDevilGolfZag
09-02-2009, 05:40 PM
15 years ago Gonzaga would just get a confused look from ignorant masses. The fact the "dis" exists shows the progress of the program. Your "Dis" is my happy fortune.

Right on. In other words, consider the source and take the "disses" as a compliment. That's how I look at it. :)

Zag79
09-03-2009, 01:28 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was in the Jacksonville airport waiting on a plane to Vegas. Wearing a Gonzaga polo shirt. Reading a book.

Two guys park themselves on the same row of chairs.

"Gonzaga, huh ?"

"Are they going to have a good team this year ?"

"That crybaby Morrison sure didn't do anything for your guys' reputation."

No response from me. Back to the book.

:lmao:

Colbyspapa
09-03-2009, 10:25 AM

We have lots of zag fans here, but a few years back I paid a piano player $50 to stop playing the UW fight song and dropped a GU bumpersticker I had in a folder on the piano, then got napkins thrown at me... It was a good day!

HOOTER
09-04-2009, 06:43 PM
We have lots of zag fans here, but a few years back I paid a piano player $50 to stop playing the UW fight song and dropped a GU bumpersticker I had in a folder on the piano, then got napkins thrown at me... It was a good day!

I went into a shop in Langley and the checker commented on my sweatshirt (in a good way). I asked her how the Zags were viewed on the west side and she said that there were still more Zag fans that U-dub fans over there. Overall the Zags are still top dog in the state but there are plenty of Zag hating moronic (jealous) Husky fans out there.

BTW, Whidbey is a gorgeous place! Your lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the state.

Kiddwell
09-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Pinch her, Hooter. :D

BZ, is that anything like, "Squeeze her, Seater-End?" <...Kiddwell asked innocently...>

WccSoph
09-05-2009, 07:29 AM
On the otherside of the equation. At the WCC Tourney my nephew flew into watch the tourney from Illinois with Pilot Fans. He had a great time "carousing" with all WCC fans and Zag fan's too. I thought from my avatar some of you may have seen him the "2009 Sat night dance contest winner" at the Orleans ...sorta he tied with a Zag fan but you guys stuffed the ballot box (with 1/2 of Spokane there),lol.

Looking forward to another excellent season,with the party in Vegas to get both our teams fans warmed up for the NCAA's ,[hopefully finally for us this year].

mendiant
09-06-2009, 11:55 PM

good puppy...kisses, kisses, good girl!

ToreroStudent
09-08-2009, 04:47 PM
"Oh you go to UCSD?!"

No.

"Oh San Diego State then?"

No.

Nobody knows we exist.

Kiddwell
09-08-2009, 07:22 PM
"Oh you go to UCSD?!"

No.

"Oh San Diego State then?"

No.

Nobody knows we exist.

Kiddwell must admit, TS, that he too didn't know for a while the difference between San Diego State, UCSD, and USD, either. (Thank goodness the recent brain transplant cleared that up!)

Anyway, Kiddwell for one can't help but like the Toreros for two reasons: (1) fellow WCC member; (2) Bill Grier.

Sooo, Kiddwell PROMISES not to "dis" USD...except when they're playing GU (and getting, well, pounded to dust).

Yes, a minor "dis," one fond WCC'er to another. (By the way, those three 20-somethings that gave me the Middle Finger Salute on the 5 Freeway the other day? One of 'em wasn't you by any chance? Not that I'd hold it against USD, or anything!)

deathchina
09-08-2009, 08:28 PM
I was at a supermarket wearing my gonzaga hoodie and one of the cashiers looked at it and said "gonzaga always chokes in the tournament" and I said "we'll see, they are looking good this year" and he said "they'll lose early, they always do".

Zag79
09-09-2009, 04:33 AM
I was at a supermarket wearing my gonzaga hoodie and one of the cashiers looked at it and said "gonzaga always chokes in the tournament" and I said "we'll see, they are looking good this year" and he said "they'll lose early, they always do".

:lmao: thats probably the most common one i get. grr!

ToreroStudent
09-09-2009, 07:46 AM
Yes, a minor "dis," one fond WCC'er to another. (By the way, those three 20-somethings that gave me the Middle Finger Salute on the 5 Freeway the other day? One of 'em wasn't you by any chance? Not that I'd hold it against USD, or anything!)

Haha unfortunately I have too much respect for GU and it's fans to flip the bird. It must have been another kid from our school who never goes to the games. :)