• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • omahazag
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Best of the Non "Big Six"

Gonzaga comes in at Number 5. Looking forward to this team exceeding people's expectations.

• CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Butler is going to have an awfully good team this year. Bulldog forward Gordon Haywood was the best player on Team USA's U19 championship team.

Comment

• DADoZAG
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
      Butler is going to have an awfully good team this year. Bulldog forward Gordon Haywood was the best player on Team USA's U19 championship team.
      Right on, CDC. Haywood is no doubt the real deal, and Butler will be a load to handle because of him. I think Western Kentucky is a bit underrated in this article, however.

Also, once again, no one (including us evidentially) knows about the ZAGS incoming class. They will…

Go ZAGS!
      Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2008

I'm not sure if I'd put Dayton or Sienna ahead of Gonzaga and Memphis. The Zags and the Tigers both lost lots of key players, but I think most will be surprised by the level of talent there was waiting in the wings in Spokane and Memphis.

Agreed about Butler. Also, I think Andy Poling could be a slightly bigger version of Matt Howard.
        What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• ZagMania
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2007

I had no idea Matt Howard was only a sophomore last season. He just seemed older and polished. The Zags could really use a big like him.

Comment

• bullzag23
            Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2015
            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
            I'm not sure if I'd put Dayton or Sienna ahead of Gonzaga and Memphis. The Zags and the Tigers both lost lots of key players, but I think most will be surprised by the level of talent there was waiting in the wings in Spokane and Memphis.

Agreed about Butler. Also, I think Andy Poling could be a slightly bigger version of Matt Howard.
            Memphis especially should be boosted by the addition of Elliott Williams, the Duke transfer. The team won't be anywhere near as good as the past 2 years but I think they're still the favorite to win the C-USA this year
            A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
            Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
            Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Comment

• Butler Guy
              Kennel Club
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
              Bulldog forward Gordon Haywood was the best player on Team USA's U19 championship team.
              Butler's Shelvin Mack was the captain of that team.

Comment

• DADoZAG
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Butler Guy View Post
                Butler's Shelvin Mack was the captain of that team.
                Okay, Butler Guy. How does the "...Year of the Bulldog" sound?

In honor of the Butler Bulldogs, here's a nice clip from YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEoKTsbFsdE

Hey, the music sounds familiar...

Anyone got our clip from last year?

Go ZAGS!
                Go ZAGS!

Only watching the ball, misses at least 80% of the game.

Comment

• Bogozags
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2008

Hiding in the Wings

Gonzaga will be better than most thought this year, especially after losing AD to the NBA but Butler will have a great run and believe will surprise many too! The Gtown game will be key for them and will speak volumes about their season, as long as they are able to avoid injuries. I believe they can be a solid 3 seed and not a team I want to play in the Tourney, especially after that loss to Tenn last year. They are extremely strong at the post, on the permitter and have a "stopper" point guard. Combine all that with a strong bench and very sharp, young coach...sounds like our Zags from a year ago. It will be interesting to see how this season plays out for both of us!

Comment

Working...
                  X