PDA

View Full Version : Battle in Seattle tickets

Zagalicious
08-10-2009, 08:31 AM
So I received my order form - $92 per seat for lower bowl?! :argh:
$33 for upper bowl. This "is'' college basketball, correct? :confused:

75Zag
08-10-2009, 08:49 AM
They picked an unfortunate year to raise prices. It will be interesting to see how Davidson draws. Knowledgeable fans may treat this years BIS as more of a scrimmage for GU unless Davidson has some secret weapons to replace Curry.

But for those who can't see GU play live otherwise, the BIS is still a good outing.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

cjm720
08-10-2009, 09:37 AM
$100 or so after fees for a rebuilding mid-major foe = pass for me.

Go Zags!

ZaginLaw
08-10-2009, 11:29 AM
My wife put a stop to BIS ticket purchase during last year's price increase above $75 per ticket. She mumbled something about how they are not professionals and not paying outrageous prices for college students who she used to sit next to when she was at GU. A few bucks, sure but not NBA prices.

I think that's significant price increases each year. We were a handful of rows from the floor vs. Mizzou and the tixs totaled $65 after fees...

Jakester425
08-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Ever since the Sonics left there really isnt a whole lot happening there. As far as revenue they have the Storm and a concert once a month if they are lucky. I think they are trying to take advantage of the BIS being a hot ticket and are trying to milk us all for as much as the can. Just my $.2

Baldwinzag
08-10-2009, 12:00 PM
I'll save my money for Vegas or the Wake Forest game in K2. I can't believe the BIS single-game ticket prices are nearly the same amount as the entire WCC tourney package price($100 vs $130). I don't think the event directors realize this is Davidson sans Curry. I'd be curious to know if the Duke game @ MSG is even that pricey? Sheesh.

jake
08-10-2009, 12:40 PM
On the BIS website there is a small picture with some prices ($16, $30, $40, $56, $88, $96). If you click on that picture it opens a bigger map with different prices ($15, $28, $38, $55, $87, $95). Neither of those seem to match the prices some are mentioning. What are the prices that show up in the mailing you've received?

http://www.battleinseattle.com/tickets/

Zagalicious
08-10-2009, 03:01 PM
For season ticket holders....BIS: $92 lower sidelines OR $33 upper sidelines.....no other choices. We do get the ability to buy now, before the public. The United Center game vs Illinois was $53 (I think) and the Duke game at MSG was $48. Those were the only choices.

cjm720
08-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Ever since the Sonics left there really isnt a whole lot happening there. As far as revenue they have the Storm and a concert once a month if they are lucky. I think they are trying to take advantage of the BIS being a hot ticket and are trying to milk us all for as much as the can. Just my $.2

I read somewhere that the City is making more (or losing less?) without the Sonics in town. I of course cannot confirm this. I can confirm that local businesses have suffered, however.

I really want to see Kansas, UCLA, Texas, Syracuse...a BIG TIME school in the BIS.

Go Zags!!

ZaginLaw
08-11-2009, 08:12 AM
I had tickets in the $95 colored section vs. Mizzou and UMass for $65, subsequent years vs. Okie State and UNR were just north of $70...

$95 per person will buy a lot of good food & drinks in Seattle while watching the game at a Sports bar in HD.