PDA

View Full Version : Tiffin Pulls the Trigger

spudzag
08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Talk about it in the Message Boards
6-foot-8 forward Alex Tiffin has made a Big West college very happy, as he has just committed to head coach Gary Stewart and the University of California at Davis. Link (http://cal.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=972735)

Looks like we are really cleaning up the list.

MDABE80
08-07-2009, 10:58 PM
Something tells me that the staff is aiming higher than Tiffin and McDermott.
Our guys really believe they can aim high and snag some very very good players. I hope this works out. If the Canadian kids prove out, we'll see a FF soon. Then will come better players....both from Canada and kids Like Bell, etc.

I was thinking about this the other day. If Matt has a super season with Meech, GJ (you won't believe this kid) and Steven regains his stroke, all we need will be some strong rebounders who have strong games underneath.
Very few believe GU will be great this year. I differ. Come January after a tough OOC campaign, the kids will know how to play with each other. With this much raw talent, not much should hold this squad back. I'm looking for significant unexpected surprises.

spudzag
08-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Our guys really believe they can aim high and snag some very very good players. I hope this works out. If the Canadian kids prove out, we'll see a FF soon. Then will come better players....both from Canada and kids Like Bell, etc.

I completely agree. I viewed these signings as cleaning up loose ends for us.

bigblahla
08-08-2009, 07:53 AM

I was thinking about this the other day. If Matt has a super season with Meech, GJ (you won't believe this kid) and Steven regains his stroke, all we need will be some strong rebounders who have strong games underneath.
Very few believe GU will be great this year. I differ. Come January after a tough OOC campaign, the kids will know how to play with each other. With this much raw talent, not much should hold this squad back. I'm looking for significant unexpected surprises.

I'm with Abe , me thinks when the smoke clears in the WCC barring injuries we shall be happy campers. It's always great waking up with my Zag colored glasses on.

Go!! Zags!!!

BobZag
08-08-2009, 08:59 AM
I completely agree. I viewed these signings as cleaning up loose ends for us.

Love the avatar, spudster. It's got attitude.

spudzag
08-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Love the avatar, spudster. It's got attitude.

I have to give credit to ZagNative for the suggestion. ZN is a master, perhaps furture administrator..

krozman
08-08-2009, 09:50 AM
That up and down motion needs to include a dribbling basketball though!

dim4sum
08-08-2009, 11:49 AM
I can't believe that a UC Davis player is something special. With limited openings available over the next few years, Few and company have to be extra selective. Talent plus chemistry and compatibility are very important here. Even then it's a guess. For instance, it took Micah a few years before he really starrted to mesh with his teammates.