PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith showing "No Interest" for Zags in Scout Profile

ZagNative
07-31-2009, 02:35 PM
I think we can safely delete the big man from the Zags prospect list. Looks like he's trimmed his school list on his Scout page (http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=2648740), with Gonzaga and Tennessee being the lone "No interest" schools shown. No surprise, as I don't think many here were holding their breath that Gonzaga would win this particular recruiting battle.

Bye, Josh! It's been real!

dim4sum
07-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Read that Smith has let himself get out of shape. He may be one of those who peak early and flame out in a pyre of press clippings. Weve got enough bigs for a while. Make the most of the prosperity.

CDC84
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Smith had a tonsillectomy recently, which he claims hurt his conditioning.

I keep telling myself that one of these days Gonzaga will get their chance to land super elite Seattle-based recruits like Smith, but they are probably going to have to make a final 4 or two to break the barriers that the program seems to have in this area. Either that, or some of the current AAU and HS coaches need to retire.

Martin Centre Mad Man
07-31-2009, 05:13 PM
Gonzaga has picked up a lot of great Seattle players over the years. Not all of the 4-5 star recruits pan out as well as some of the PAC-10 castoffs. Casey Calvary, Dan Dickau, Erroll Knight...the list could go on.

saintzag
07-31-2009, 07:42 PM
Dickau and Knight were transfers, not real recruits.

VinnyZag
07-31-2009, 10:05 PM
And Dickau was from Vancouver (or more accurately Brush Prairie), so he was more of a Portland guy than a Seattle guy.

MDABE80
07-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Smith's never been in shape. Always 20 to 30lbs overweight with or without tonsillitis. He's till pretty young and could lose the babyfat. I'd be more worried that he gets up and down the floor once and is gasping for air.

He has lots of talent but D1 basketball demands discipline and focus. He must be in great shape if he's going to be a good one. Hope he shapes up and is a star somewhere. Won't be at GU but we always wish those kids well.