PDA

View Full Version : ZAG summary and predictions

Unbiased
04-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Fairly acccurate.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/westcoast/gonzaga.htm

GreenStreetElite
04-04-2007, 10:17 PM
Your right but no mention of Ira for next year... he may be a big surprise to the nation

sanfranzagsguy20
04-04-2007, 10:24 PM
Your right but no mention of Ira for next year... he may be a big surprise to the nation

or he could be a diallo...isn't he like 25? imo i dont see him on high on the depth chart...i'd rather see gray and daye among others get more minutes...besides how excited can andy katz get for a one star JC recruit?

btw i stand corrected from an earlier post where i said i didnt think the zags would crack the top 25 in the preseason (but definately in the regular season) but it seems as though others have really noticed our talent level coming back and coming in for next season...im glad to get some respect but honestly the only place where preseason polls make even the slightest bit of difference is in college football

just my thoughts

CDC84
04-05-2007, 08:00 AM
or he could be a diallo...isn't he like 25? imo i dont see him on high on the depth chart...i'd rather see gray and daye among others get more minutes...besides how excited can andy katz get for a one star JC recruit?

I can guarantee you with 100% certainty that he won't be Diallo redux.

Brown was offered a scholarship at a time when Gonzaga was one schoolie over the limit. This staff would never, ever do something like that unless they felt the player would be an immediate impact player. Moreover, he's Coach Rice's guy...the same guy that got us Batista. He doesn't miss that often.

Brown's star rating has zero to do with his talent. He played at a very low juco level which limited his exposure. Nonetheless, at the time that he signed on with GU, the BCS vultures were circling Phoenix College. He was a very late signee - newspapers and general basketball writers aren't going to know much about him....but they will.

I and several others wouldn't be shocked to see Brown starting at some point next season. And he will be an instant team leader.