PDA

View Full Version : Official Masters Prediction Thread !

RenoZag
04-04-2007, 08:56 PM
:)

A Tradition Unlike Any Other. . .

Who is your choice to don the green jacket on Sunday ?

I'll go with Vijay. All of the blah blah blah about Phil & Tiger gives Vijay a chance to fly under the radar a bit.

Of course, there will be the first round Cinderella story of a Masters first-timer who lights it up, accompanied by the traditional sighting of an old warrior past his prime whose magic touch on the lightning fast greens of Augusta National rekindles memories of a decade ago. . .throw in the usual homage to Bob Jones, Cliff Roberts, and Ike, and you've got the whole pimento cheese sandwich.

Best golf tournament on TV. Ever. Not a competitor within a three iron of it.
It will always be the best of the four "majors."

Who do you like ?

mtzaga
04-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Reno...you need to take this to www.golfopinions.com because you can't get a golf discussion going on this board.

I picked TW to win. He shot a 73 today but he looked pretty sloppy on the last two holes. It should be interesting to see who will hang in there over the weekend in the cool weather. The big hitters will have the advantage.

My brother-in-law attended the practice rounds. He had pimento cheese sandwhich, but he said he preferred a pork chop sandwhich from John's in Butte America. He did not try the peach cobbler.

RenoZag
04-05-2007, 07:03 PM
First-timer Brett Wetterich tied for the lead at -3 with Brit Justin Rose.
I'll nominate Davis Love III as the past-his-prime warrior who scraped it around in even par. . .Tom Watson was actually under par at one point but finished the day at +3, tied for 28th. . .Lefty's putter let him down and he's seven shots out of the lead at +4.

Eldrick gagged on 17 & 18 to finish +1, but certainly not out of it.

The Golf Channel's talking heads seem to think it's possible the course set-up and conditions could produce a winning score at Even or possibly a few over par. We'll know by COB Saturday if that's possible.

mtzaga
04-08-2007, 06:26 AM
TW shot even par 72 with a 3-putt par on 15, and bogeys on 17 and 18. Coulda-woulda-shoulda and he's only one shot back. Appleby tripled 17 while Justin Rose and Vaughn Taylor each had a bogey fest.

More cold and wind today at AN. TW has to be the favorite, but if someone back in the pack shoots par or better, they could take it.

RenoZag
04-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Zach Johnson is the Cinderella story this year. . .quite a good one, too, as he's a player who worked his way up through the ranks of the mini-tours, Hooters, Nationwide, and now the big show.

Tiger says he blew the tourney on Friday and Saturday when he bogeyed 17 & 18. . .he looked out of synch all day. Pretty good drama on the back 9 today, as usual for a Masters Sunday.

Time to start handicapping The Derby. . .