PDA

View Full Version : Early predictions on the Maui tournament

Reborn
07-24-2009, 03:42 PM
and which teams would you like to play?

Here are the teams: Arizona, Cincinnati, Chaminade, Maryland, Gonzaga.
Vanderbilt, Colorado, Wisconsin.

Gonzaga vs Colorado
Gonzaga vs Arizona
Gonzaaga vs Maryland in the championship. I take Gonzaga. A last chance to see Matt Bouldin vs Vasquez. Bouldin comes out on top. Meech and GJ handle Vasquez.

lothar98zag
07-24-2009, 03:52 PM
doesn't GU always play Maryland?

I'd like these 3, in this order (winning all 3 of course)
CO or Van
WI
AZ

thespywhozaggedme
07-24-2009, 08:32 PM
and which teams would you like to play?

Here are the teams: Arizona, Cincinnati, Chaminade, Maryland, Gonzaga.
Vanderbilt, Colorado, Wisconsin.

Gonzaga vs Colorado
Gonzaga vs Arizona
Gonzaaga vs Maryland in the championship. I take Gonzaga. A last chance to see Matt Bouldin vs Vasquez. Bouldin comes out on top. Meech and GJ handle Vasquez.

Wow, there's a lot of interesting subtext in these potential matchups. Arizona is obviously payback potential, as we are for Maryland. GG gets to face the guy we chose him over, in Brad Tinsley, and Tinsley gets to show why it was the wrong choice, as well as Zag recruit Jeffrey Taylor. Matt gets to face his "hometown" school who desperately wanted him. And I believe that Wisconsin was a finalist for both GG and Sammy D.

I'm still trying to convince Ms. Spy to go, since it falls right around our 7 year anniversary and we honeymooned there and the 24th of Nov, will be Baby Spy's two year birthday. Plus, despite us being young, this is a bit of a "down" year as far as teams go, and we should win it. Plus I was in Orlando for the OSC and we won, so I'm good luck. :D

Reborn
07-24-2009, 09:01 PM
I'll be praying for you, Spy. Having Good luck on your side is always important, as ev every athlete knows. Winning it would be a nice way to begin the year for these guys.

theslipperfits?
07-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Zags have the deepest bench and have better discipline then any other team, maryland gets the silver while colorado gets bronze. Zags have a nice confidence boost to start the season.

HOOTER
07-25-2009, 08:11 PM
Another match-up with Arizona would be great. I'm still stinging a bit from the last couple.

hoopster777
07-26-2009, 09:48 AM
I would say Vanderbilt might be the favorite going into this tournament. They have a legit NBA prospect in Ogilvy and return their entire team from last year, where they went 19-12. This is the team I think GU should be worried about in Maui. Maryland is going to be good, but they don't have the size to match up to GU. I see them as a beatable team.

Colorado will surprise some people too, Cory Higgins will be in the NBA. They aren't going to be all that good, but they can play with good teams. They nearly beat Texas, Oklahoma (road), Kansas (road), and Kansas State all last season when their team was mostly freshman and sophomores.