PDA

View Full Version : Monday morning potluck

BobZag
07-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Mangisto Arop will be playing for Canada in the Nike Global Games in Portland. You Zag PDX'ers have a nice opportunity to check him out and cheer him on before he comes to Gonzaga.

Gonzaga is working with Elias' national team and coordinating his arrival at GU so he isn't late.

New prospects are popping up all over, now that the staff has had a good chance to pinpoint recruiting targets this month. One good one is mentioned by the Slipper Still Fits--2011 G Corbin Miller... there are a host of others. *Note: Do not be surprised to see a 2010 Euro enter the picture. Could be a shooter, could be a big.

And Kong is coming, fo sho.

Ezag
07-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I hope Kong can live up to all the hype and overly high expectations us Zags Fans place on him! :D ;)

DixieZag
07-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Why are we worrying about other recruits, other years? Where is the FF this year again? The parade route is important to get right, start at the Mac and end up in Riverfront park, but by which way? Parking will be a nightmare.:D

Seriously though, good news, hope they all gell and become one/third the Zag that Ronny was and have some fun along the way.

BobZag
07-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Expect more kids to start listing Gonzaga.

The coaches leave tomorrow to cover/scout five tournaments in July. May the Force be with them. They'll need it.

alaskazagnut
07-20-2009, 10:50 AM
gonna be a 4 year Zag or a 2 year Zag like Daye?

BobZag
07-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Bol will have three years of eligibility. I expect all three years.

Oregon Zag
07-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks, Bob, for the updates and info. Keep 'em comin'.

zag67
07-20-2009, 10:55 AM
I would like to remind ALL of us that these new players are going to need time to adjust. Bol, as example has not played major bball for a long time and in the beginning will make errors. We need to be PATIENT, within our expectations and what we say about them on the board. Harris is going to be learning English, adjusting to college life, and learning college Bball. Dower and GV are moving from across the nation and again are learning about all aspects of college. ETC. But we do have a super core to build around. We have Matt, Steven, Meech, Robert, Foster, Gibbs and Poling. Many schools would love to have just that group.

So I guess all I am trying to say is none of the new players may reach the expectations that many of us are putting on them, but maybe as a team they will win a lot more than they should.

thespywhozaggedme
07-20-2009, 12:01 PM
I would like to remind ALL of us that these new players are going to need time to adjust. Bol, as example has not played major bball for a long time and in the beginning will make errors. We need to be PATIENT, within our expectations and what we say about them on the board. Harris is going to be learning English, adjusting to college life, and learning college Bball. Dower and GV are moving from across the nation and again are learning about all aspects of college. ETC. But we do have a super core to build around. We have Matt, Steven, Meech, Robert, Foster, Gibbs and Poling. Many schools would love to have just that group.

So I guess all I am trying to say is none of the new players may reach the expectations that many of us are putting on them, but maybe as a team they will win a lot more than they should.

Harris' dad is an American from Texas, English is not an issue.

SLOZag
07-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Harris' dad is an American from Texas, English is not an issue.

:p

spudzag
07-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Do not be surprised to see a 2010 Euro enter the picture.

Would spice things up. Works for the NBA, why not us?

zaggeist
07-20-2009, 01:31 PM
...George W. Bush is also from Texas, and he had a lot of trouble with the English Language...

thespywhozaggedme
07-20-2009, 02:17 PM
...George W. Bush is also from Texas, and he had a lot of trouble with the English Language...

As a staunch conservative, all I can say is, touche'. :D

Salsageek
07-20-2009, 02:18 PM
epic comment! 5 stars :p

ZagNative
07-20-2009, 02:22 PM
As a staunch conservative, all I can say is, touche'. :DDemerol seems to agree with the spy! Hope you'll soon be off the IR list, spy.