PDA

View Full Version : Money obviously means a lot.

meadgrad02
04-04-2007, 08:50 AM
Air Force Coach leaves to coach in Boulder... Why would you leave a solid, up and coming program to go to just a terrible program at Colorado. 26-9, to a 7-20 team.. Has to be a big pay raise. What a stupid move.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2825331

madzag
04-04-2007, 09:04 AM
Not a brilliant move, basketball-wise, but maybe he was just sick of living in Colorado Springs (not hard to imagine) and decided that Boulder/Denver would be a good move in that regard. Maybe the challenge of rebuilding at CU is appealing as well...

BroncoZAG615
04-04-2007, 09:29 AM
There are definitley some good reasons why Bzdelik left Air Force. For one, Jeff has always been looking at Air Force as a stepping stone to a bigger team, I mean he was a one time NBA coach so you know he has the desire to be at the biggest level. Also, CU is in a power conference where their is more exposure and better facilities. The Mountain West had an excellent showing but it's hard to turn down a team in one of the best conferences in the country. I personally can't wait to see what he does at CU. He will definitley push the talent CU has (Roby) and he has shown some ability to recruit. I would call it a step up even though CU basketball is not it's best, it's potential far exceeds what Air Force can/ is willing to do. Hopefully he has a long tenure at CU and maybe recruit another Chauncey Billups.

By the way, CO Springs is an excellent city, depending on your Red/Blue status, even better than Boulder :)

DenDiegoZag
04-04-2007, 04:38 PM
It is definatley a good move for Jeff. The Athletic Administration has renewed its commitment to Men's Basketball, and Bzdelik is a great fit for any program in Colorado. He understands what makes life by the Rocky Mountains so great. One thing that is for sure, you will see a much "tougher" effort out of the CU players with Bzdelik at the helm. I think it is a win/win for both parties.