PDA

View Full Version : SSF: "Where do the Zags stand with Gary Bell Jr?"

ZagNative
07-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Another nice one from the folks at Slipper Still Fits (http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2009/7/8/942578/where-do-the-zags-stand-with-gary).
Back in March and April, we heard reports of the Gonzaga coaches heading over to the west side of the state to evaluate and watch elite 2011 recruit Gary Bell Jr. The Kentridge combo guard has been on the Gonzaga radar for a long time, and picked up an official scholarship offer from the Zags when he was at the team camp a few weeks ago. It's clear that Gary is a priority recruit for Gonzaga in 2011, so we decided to check in with Dave Jamison, the head coach at Kentridge high school. We would like to thank Coach Jamison for taking the time for the interview, and providing Gonzaga fans with a good understanding of Gary as a basketball player, and where his recruitment curently stands.

CaliforniaZaggin'
07-08-2009, 09:48 PM
Very nice work, fellas! Keep it up!

BobZag
07-09-2009, 08:39 AM
I think Gary will be a Zag, but UW will be tough to beat out. The staff loves Gary.

dawgfather11
07-09-2009, 09:17 AM
what could be one of the biggest factors is if he wants to get out from under the spotlight of his backcourt AAU teammate or doesn't mind. If it's not an issue for him you will most likely see him end up at UW with Wroten JR. If he does i'd say the zags have a hell of a chance to land a really good guard. I hear Cal is after him pretty hard as well.

NEC26
07-09-2009, 09:45 AM
what could be one of the biggest factors is if he wants to get out from under the spotlight of his backcourt AAU teammate or doesn't mind. If it's not an issue for him you will most likely see him end up at UW with Wroten JR. If he does i'd say the zags have a hell of a chance to land a really good guard. I hear Cal is after him pretty hard as well.

Isn't it quite a bit of an assumption to say that Wroten will be going to UW?