PDA

View Full Version : I think I hear them.

baitcast
07-07-2009, 09:52 AM
:clap: :clap: Today is the seventh,Yes :allhail:
Rob in nowhere AZ.

BobZag
07-07-2009, 10:10 AM
He has one more meeting this week. It's all good.

MDABE80
07-07-2009, 10:22 AM
SO we're down to crunch time. No more rumors and no more fantasies. Time to put the shoes on, lace em up and go to work. I'm so glad the new kid finally made it to us.
I wonder if he's a amazing as we've heard....not to saddle him with unreal expectations. He might be the spectacle we've heard about or he might be average-above average- WELL above average in his performance. He'll be a Zag though. He'll work hard and we'll welcome him as one of our own. He'll study and become better.....and maybe understand how things fit in life.....considering what was left behind in Africa.
It'll be a new journey for him and us...the loyal faithful. I hope this kid knocks our socks off. It's time we had a "killer" player with us....We need to get back to the E 8..maybe he'll help the TEAM do that. Best wishes to the kid.

baitcast
07-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Well said and I,ll add a amen to that,that would be a fun trip to take,I,m looking forward to it.
Rob in nowhere AZ.

MBZags
07-07-2009, 12:37 PM
He's listed in the student directory, FWIW.

cjm720
07-07-2009, 12:48 PM
He's listed in the student directory, FWIW.

Dumb question: as in the Gonzaga student directory? or is this some Face Book term?? :)

Sounds like very good news!!!!

JLGutrocks
07-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Welcome aboard, Biggs II.

lothar98zag
07-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Welcome aboard, Biggs II.
hope his stay (if it happens) is longer and more productive than Biggs I...

Ziggy
07-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Say hello to McGee Jr.!:clap:

MBZags
07-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Dumb question: as in the Gonzaga student directory? or is this some Face Book term?? :)

Sounds like very good news!!!!

Yeah, sorry, the Gonzaga student directory. He's listed as a student with a Gonzaga e-mail address.

bigblahla
07-08-2009, 07:46 AM
We is in for a fun ride Zaggie fans and it's gonna be something to tell the chillins about when back in the day the little engine that could grew up and did.

Hey D1, there's a storm brewin out West and it's coming in your direction. :D

Go!! Zags!!!

dnj116
07-08-2009, 07:52 AM
Hey D1, there's a storm brewin out West and it's coming in your direction. :D

+1

gozagswoohoo
07-08-2009, 11:25 AM
So is that the official name then? Biggs McGee Jr. II?

Frazzle
07-08-2009, 12:45 PM
So is that the official name then? Biggs McGee Jr. II?

That McGee Family is quite talented. In High School I date a couple of the McGee sisters.:D

Angelo Roncalli
07-08-2009, 01:40 PM
The family is not as large as it used to be...

One night on the marge on Lake LeBarge, I cremated Sam McGee.

BobZag
07-08-2009, 02:10 PM

Hondo can recite that entire poem. No kidding.

Are we forgetting me and Bobby MaGee?

kitzbuel
07-08-2009, 02:13 PM

Ahhh... The Ballad of the Frozen Logger.

bartruff1
07-08-2009, 02:21 PM

One night on the marge on Lake LeBarge, I cremated Sam McGee. there are strange things done in the midnight sun....

CDC84
07-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.......

75Zag
07-08-2009, 03:15 PM
My fondest memory of "most slothful" vacation ever. Cruising from Anchorage to Vancouver BC while barely moving and eating constantly from the endless 24 hour seafood buffet on Princess Cruises, while reading the book of poetry of Robert Service that I bought in some tourist trap in Skagway.

The refrain to the poem is here. The word rejected by the Spokesman filter is spelled like queen except there is an "r" instead of an "n", and the next line would be queenest except that the "n" would be an "r". A weird filter if I do say so myself.

And I have 20 plus years of education and had no idea what the word "moil" meant. Curse you GU English department!

There are strange things done in the midnight sun
By the men who moil for gold;
The Arctic trails have their secret tales
That would make your blood run cold;
The Northern Lights have seen ##### sights,
But the #####est st they ever did see
Was that night on the marge of Lake Lebarge
I cremated Sam McGee.

http://www.wordinfo.info/words/index/info/view_unit/2640/?letter=C&spage=26

SageOfZagville
07-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Every year the Boy Scouts hold a Klondike Derby at camp Cowles. It is held in January and I can remember it getting down to -20 one year. I love to read this poem to the scouts as they are trying to keep warm around the campfire. They look at me after I finish and say, "I wish I were that warm right now". Good Stuff.

hondo
07-08-2009, 04:26 PM
A few years ago I visited Robert Service's cabin in Dawson City, Yukon. During the warmer months (if there is such a thing in Dawson City) an impersonator sit on a chair in the front yard and recites Sevice poetry and tell stories of his life and times.
There was an actual Sam McGee, a friend of Service and a bank customer where the poet worked. Service used Sam's name because it fit nicely with the poem. The actual Sam McGee, born in Canada, never struck it rich in the gold rush and later worked as a janitor in a Great Falls Montana junior high school.

roxdoc
07-08-2009, 09:12 PM
A moil is like a heavy chisel only it has a point instead of a blade. Rather like a very large nail. Generally used (with a large hammer) to chip a sample from hard rock. Possibly before dynamite (thank you Mr. Nobel) it might have been used to actually excavate an underground opening. I once new a man who actually was a miner named Moil who had a strong Cornwall (historic British mining area) ancestry.

Robert Service = good stuff

Next year's Zags = exciting stuff

baitcast
07-09-2009, 06:40 AM
Whats a "moil" got to do with the drums?

GoZags
07-09-2009, 01:43 PM
A few years ago I visited Robert Service's cabin in Dawson City, Yukon. During the warmer months (if there is such a thing in Dawson City) an impersonator sit on a chair in the front yard and recites Sevice poetry and tell stories of his life and times.
There was an actual Sam McGee, a friend of Service and a bank customer where the poet worked. Service used Sam's name because it fit nicely with the poem. The actual Sam McGee, born in Canada, never struck it rich in the gold rush and later worked as a janitor in a Great Falls Montana junior high school.

My two favorite cities in North America not named Seattle are: New York City and Dawson City.

Another note: my two favorite restaurants in the world are: Tadich Grill -- San Francisco and Jimmy's Kitchen -- Hong Kong (Kowloon side). Had to have a food note to a hondo post.

HRZag
07-09-2009, 02:07 PM
Ok, on the food theme, Il Terrazo, Victoria BC, eh?