PDA

View Full Version : Altman back to Creighton??

omahazag
04-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Breaking on the radio is news that Dana is returning to Creighton....nothing confirmed but they are talking as if this is the case...WOW

lothar98zag
04-03-2007, 02:44 PM
OMGWTFRICKMAJERUSBBQ!?!?!?!

:confused:

omahazag
04-03-2007, 02:46 PM
He's on a plane home baby!!!

lothar98zag
04-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Maybe to pack up his home and move out of town...

omahazag
04-03-2007, 02:50 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6640996

I don't think so Lothar...but who knows...

lothar98zag
04-03-2007, 02:51 PM
another link:

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1200&u_sid=2359085

(of course, it references the foxsports report)

BobZag
04-03-2007, 02:58 PM
This is like the Winthrop coach last year all over again. Hmmm, a ploy to get more $$$?

omahazag
04-03-2007, 03:00 PM
Dana is coming back b/c he knows how good he has it here in omaha..he makes enough bank to live like a king here...it's not about the money or some ploy....

siliconzag
04-03-2007, 03:27 PM
verifies the existence of a benevolent supreme being. Praise the Lord! I may start going back to Church again! Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!

Sili

MDABE80
04-03-2007, 03:33 PM
True! He aoparently got the willies over the sooie calls and never even packed. He just came home on the plane and said NO WAY!!. BCS draws sometimes aren't really "draws". Congrats to the Jays. Apparently the first thing out of his mouth was something like "let's get back to work". Said like a Creighton man. Abe

siliconzag
04-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Apparently the first thing out of his mouth was something like "let's get back to work". Said like a Creighton man. Abe

Indeed, Abe. Indeed. I wish we could go over to the Embassy Club and throw back a couple of Falstaffs! Afterall, that's what Creighton men do, right Abe?

Sili

MDABE80
04-03-2007, 04:12 PM
From what I can tell, it's kinda like if Dan Egan took a job somewhere else and then decided he wanted to come back. We'd be overjoyed too. I'm glad he made this decision. I wish we could get a game with the Jays. Fun game! Abe

mtzaga
04-03-2007, 04:15 PM
This has to be tough on Frank Broyles. I'd be pissed if I had to miss The Masters. From ESPN...

A plane owned by Creighton boosters was en route Tuesday to pick up Altman from Drake Field in Fayetteville on Tuesday night, ESPN.com has learned. Meantime, Broyles was expected to return from Augusta, Ga., where he was scheduled to attend the Masters (he is a member of Augusta National Golf Club). The Razorback Foundation's jet was scheduled to pick up Broyles later Tuesday night.

Birddog
04-03-2007, 05:04 PM
Well then Frank should have been there to greet Altman instead of his official greeter.

Birddog

http://www.rebelroundup.com/roundup/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/streak7reb.jpg

NJZag
04-03-2007, 06:18 PM
This is like the Winthrop coach last year all over again. Hmmm, a ploy to get more $$$?

The supreme irony of that episode was that Marshall changed his mind with the College of Charleston job -- after all the hoopla of a press conference to welcome him as new coach -- and C of C ended up getting (who else?) ... Bobby Cremins. Who had also had that famous case of cold feet back in '93 with South Carolina.

I doubt it was a $$$ ploy. Unless he wants to stay at Creighton for life. Once you've gone through all the steps and been intro'd, if you back out, it probably puts at least a little gray mark against your name for other openings in the future.

GonzagaLove
04-03-2007, 09:25 PM
My four years at Creighton and in Omaha were some of the best years of my life. It is a great place and a great school. My wife and I had second thoughts about ever leaving. It is a hard place to beat, especially for Dana.

GL

siliconzag
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=kreidler_mark&id=2826730&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab3pos2

You know Gonzaga love, I agree, they were the best four years of my life. I loved Omaha the day I arrived, I loved the blizzards, the thunderstorms, the Royals (both Omaha and Kansas City), I loved Chicago Bar, The Embassy Club, Nunzio's, Cascios, Trovatos, Mr. C's, Caniglia's, and Johnny's Steak House. And Dana made the right choice to stay. In fact, I am getting mighty nostalgic. Not nostalgic enough to go back there and have MD Abe kick my butt around the block again, but pretty darn nostalgic.

Sili

MDABE80
04-05-2007, 05:50 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOh God.........save us! Those places. Nothing like those places in the ole Spokaloo. Nothing close.Not the place for it but Abe has soooooo many stories about each place. Ethnic, friendly places. Good beef! The school couldn't have been better. DOn't forget the big tornado of 73 SIli. Me and ole Sully watched it from the top of the VA. Him with his pipe and me with......;) Them was the dayz. Too bad ya hafta grow up....Abe