PDA

View Full Version : WVU's Beilein to Michigan

CDC84
04-03-2007, 11:36 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=ap-michigan-coach&prov=ap&type=lgns

That carousel just keeps swingin'...........

drnoe
04-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Pittsnogle!

mtzaga
04-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Beiline makes beeline to Michigan.

drnoe
04-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Michigan fans are buzzing.

BobZag
04-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Imo, Michigan got the best deal yet. This guy is one great coach. A huge upgrade from Amaker. If I'm a UM fan, I'm thrilled.

CDC84
04-03-2007, 02:35 PM
I just hope Michigan gives this guy the resources that he needs. Like, for example, a new basketball arena and basketball practice facility. Michigan's facilities are way below standard compared to Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, etc.

BobZag
04-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Time will tell. It's a wealthy sports institution.

The hire I don't like is Lickliter to Iowa. I just really doubt his system works that well in the Big-10, and top recruits may avoid going there. It was great at small Butler.

madness
04-03-2007, 02:55 PM
I'll be interested to see if he brings his unconventional zone to UM.

Does he have any recruiting ties in Michigan? Hopefully nobody informs him of a certain Mr. Morgan....

Nevtelen
04-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Time will tell. It's a wealthy sports institution.

The hire I don't like is Lickliter to Iowa. I just really doubt his system works that well in the Big-10, and top recruits may avoid going there. It was great at small Butler.

I don't know. I think his slow-it-down, value each possession type of game could work well enough in the Big 10. It mainly depends on if he can get good enough players.

TrueLiz
04-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Imo, Michigan got the best deal yet. This guy is one great coach. A huge upgrade from Amaker. If I'm a UM fan, I'm thrilled.

I have to disagree as I think the Tubby Smith hiring by the Gophers was the biggest coup of the season, and was well above what Minnesota could've expected to get.

I do think that this is very good for Michigan though, and was trying to explain his history to a Michigan fan last night. The guy does bring success everywhere. From watching a lot of West Virginia (No wonder I'm always behind on things - I've watched about every Gopher, Zag, Gator & Mountaineer game this year!) I know he likes to recruit to the system, rather than bringing in stars. Somewhat like Pepperdine's situation, the Wolverine fans won't likely get the best view of the future until he gets his own players on the court. I liked cheering for him, so I'm bummed that he had to join the Big 10, for personal reasons only.

LynetteG
04-04-2007, 10:19 AM
Does he have any recruiting ties in Michigan? Hopefully nobody informs him of a certain Mr. Morgan....

Been there, done that. Amaker was really pushing for J. I expect the new coach will be informed, too. He won't go there, though. His words to me last July were 'Webber-gate'. Even though I am a Michigan alum, and so is his mom, and another sister of mine, we all know basketball takes a back seat to football there. Sis starting to get used to the fact that her 'baby' will be going to school out of state...now which one is still the question!

New facilities are BADLY needed, that is an understatement!