PDA

View Full Version : Dower and Vilarino looking fantastic

Lord Zaggus the Wise
06-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Some of the frosh are on campus and these 2 are looking outstanding in elite camp, Dower putting up 30 in a short session and GJ looking like an instant impact guy. Gibbs is also playing very well.

Brett Kingma looked rather subpar.

BobZag
06-27-2009, 09:56 AM
Hmmm.

I heard Rob Sacre has taken his game to the next level. Has really progressed during his time off.

Let's hope.

ZagNative
06-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Welcome to the 509, GJ and Sam! Here's wishing you a great summer!

BobZag
06-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Indeed, ZN. Welcome, Sam, GJ and campers.

Baldwinzag
06-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Good to hear about the new guys getting situated, especially Dower. I've enjoyed watching him progress as a player over the past two years. Sam has improved tremendously over the past two seasons by doubling his scoring and rebounding averages between his Junior and Senior year. He continues to evolve his game. Zag nation is going to love this kid as his smile and love for the game is infectious. Nearly every school in the Big-10(Wisc, Mich, Minn) and Big-East(Marquette) were recruiting him hard by the end of his SR season, yet he'd already committed to us:) . Sam is going to be a tremendous scoring power-forward who has one of the best left-handed hook shots I've seen at this level, and a patented fade-away shot along the baseline that is silky smooth. I've been saying all along, he is a slightly less athletic version of Ronny Turiaf with a much more advanced offensive game. Given Sam's ability, its a near certainty he'll be putting up 15+ppg by the time he's a Junior...no question.

GoZags
06-27-2009, 10:45 AM
While it is great to get positive reports about our new freshmen (welcome to GU, btw) I always take summer reports with a "grain of salt".

I'm looking forward to the newcomers acclimatating themselves to the Gonzaga family -- getting used to being away from home -- grow (physically and mentally) and eventually provide some much needed help on the basketball floor.

It may seem a bit old fashioned -- but I still believe slow and steady wins the race.

Again -- welcome to GU (and I'm looking forward to the others joining you). GoZags

ZagNative
06-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Good to hear about the new guys getting situated, especially Dower. I've enjoyed watching him progress as a player over the past two years. Sam has improved tremendously over the past two seasons by doubling his scoring and rebounding averages between his Junior and Senior year. He continues to evolve his game. Zag nation is going to love this kid as his smile and love for the game is infectious. Ya' think?

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Recruits/2009%20Recruits/Sam%20Dower/2009-03-26SamDowerBloomingtonJeffer.jpg

I hope his folks had an opportunity to come out for Hoopfest. They'll be fun to have as part of the Zag family too!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Recruits/2009%20Recruits/Sam%20Dower/2008-11-14SamDowerSigningSchoolWebs.jpg

Depositing one's oldest son on campus and then having to face the fact that the time comes when Mom has to look at her boy one last time in the rear view mirror of the car to go back home, knowing both your lives are going to change forever .... A new adventure begins!

I've scoured my photo album for a pic of GJ sporting a big old grin like Sam's. No can do! Looks like this guy has all signals tuned in as long as he's on the court! Looking forward to seeing at least one pic with an ear-to-ear before too long!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Zags/Recruits/2009%20Recruits/Vilarino/gjvilarino081212_NS_12CENTRALmckin3.jpg

VaBeachZAG
06-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Love the input on the new guys! It's great to finally see a thread that doesn't have an NBA reference in it!

J-Mac Zag Forever
06-27-2009, 01:45 PM
Ya ruined it with your NBA reference!