PDA

View Full Version : Next Year...I just can't wait

BroncoZAG615
06-26-2009, 09:45 PM
Just a great individual...

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2009/6/26/926486/exclusive-interview-checking-in

OZZag
06-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Class Act, and one who will certainly make his mark on the program. It is nice to see a young player who is humble and trusting of the staff. Nice also that right away he just knew that GU was the place for him.

MDABE80
06-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Without examining his knee, I wonder if Manny wouldn't be better served by letting the knee rest. Hi tendonitis likely won't get resoved while he continues to traipse around the world while playing intense basketball. Just a thought...

CDC84
06-27-2009, 12:19 PM
One of the best qualities we're going to like about Manny is that he really competes. You do not pull down all the rebounds he did last summer at FIBA as a shooting guard unless you have, as I like to say, a taste for the jugular...

BobZag
06-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Love what he says about Bol and Kelly. No one knows just how good this team will be, but I have a reeeeeeeally good feeling about it.

75Zag
06-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Unlike the past 6 or 7 years, I don't think anybody can predict how the GU team will do in 09-10. In my dreams GU will dominate the out of conference competition, win the Maui tournament, and make Duke in Madison Square Garden look like the poster child for the Pitiful Sisters of Pain before GU goes undefeated in the WCC regular season and tournament. But then I wake up from my dream and wonder whether all these kids who have never played in a single NCAA game can figure out what the hell they are doing before March 1st.

I have no idea what will happen and I view with a great deal of skepticism those who claim to predict the future. But what a fun season. I love a mystery!

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

CDC84
06-27-2009, 05:41 PM
My biggest worry w/ this group is if they will be able to gel as a team against the crazy non-league sked they'll be facing. One of the biggest advantages that BCS teams have is that they get to bring along their newcomers slowly by playing lots of home games versus cupcakes. The Zags play an inverted sked that forces them to play the best teams right away. It's the ultimate baptism by fire for the newcomers, and this year's version of the Zags doesn't have many returning players to help dampen some of the flames. The issue with this team is not their talent, but will they lose too many games before they learn to work as a unit? Working together as a team is necessary ingredient for winning basketball.

MickMick
06-27-2009, 05:52 PM
My biggest worry w/ this group is if they will be able to gel as a team against the crazy non-league sked they'll be facing. One of the biggest advantages that BCS teams have is that they get to bring along their newcomers slowly by playing lots of home games versus cupcakes. The Zags play an inverted sked that forces them to play the best teams right away. It's the ultimate baptism by fire for the newcomers, and this year's version of the Zags doesn't have many returning players to help dampen some of the flames. The issue with this team is not their talent, but will they lose too many games before they learn to work as a unit? Working together as a team is necessary ingredient for winning basketball.

Throw em into the fire but don't throw them under the bus. They may struggle early, but they will be batlle ready for the WCC. Expectations will be lower than normal and I predict they will gel relatively well. One thing they have going for them is experienced guard play. The big guys just need to block out and rebound. The seasoned guards will take care of the rest.

gamagin
06-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Throw em into the fire but don't throw them under the bus. They may struggle early, but they will be batlle ready for the WCC. Expectations will be lower than normal and I predict they will gel relatively well. One thing they have going for them is experienced guard play. The big guys just need to block out and rebound. The seasoned guards will take care of the rest.

but this is what they signed up for. It could be brutal, but it's also a tremendous opportunity, challenge and shakedown cruise each year's team takes. And the strong tend to survive and even thrive on the adversity as well as the notion that if you come to GU you will be up against some of the best in the nation right off the bat.

This year's team may have to ride on the big shoulders of MB, but they are also going to have to learn to shift on the fly because this is no longer a short sprint. It's a marathon. Right from the getgo.

Go TEAM Zags !