• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brad Rose
    Redshirt
    • Jun 2009

Interesting article about PGs in this draft

the second part is about how PGs get bad advice the last few years and specifically mentions Pargo. That is a really good point I think - if he had come out as a soph he would have been 1st round easily. This draft had so many PGs get drafted later than expected, or nort get drafted at all. I wonder if the guys that went back to school will end up regretting it. You can always go back to school but when your buzz is hot that is the best time to get drafted! Anyone here what pargos pro prospects are??
  • NEC26
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I don't ever recall Pargo being mentioned as a lottery pick not sure what this guy is talking about. As I recall Pargo said he was gone if he got a first round guarantee which he apparently never got.

Comment

• MDABE80
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Jp was NEVER anywhere near lotto territory. I sort of rememebr us breathing easier when he came back but he came back because he was told to come back by the scouts. He needed to get busy with what we/they saw as his wekenesses. He didn't do that.

PG's must be able to shoot, pass, and above all, handle the ball well. Untill the lat 5 games, JP didn't shoot all that well whether it was from 3 or the line. Not lots of assists either even though he had good players to pass to. Ballhandling was pretty average even though he did get better this past year.

I won't mention some of the judgement plays. We all ahve hopes for our kids. Hopes sometimes outstrip performances we see right before out eyes. In Jeremy's case, this caught up to him...moreso with a bright batch on PG's in the draft. Jeremy just was left behind tonight. Him and Josh are in terrible holes right about now. Hope they can climb out.

Comment

• Shanachie
        Kennel Club
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
        Jp was NEVER anywhere near lotto territory. I sort of rememebr us breathing easier when he came back but he came back because he was told to come back by the scouts. He needed to get busy with what we/they saw as his wekenesses. He didn't do that.
        I think that worked his tail off and did what the staff asked of him. He had an excellent year, despite a tough stretch in the middle after the UConn game.

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
        ...Him and Josh are in terrible holes right about now. Hope they can climb out.
        Abe, neither is in a terrible hole right now. Both of them stayed to complete their elligibility and both graduated. Both will be able to make a nice living playing basketball somewhere for several years if they choose. Don't be so dramatic.

Comment

Working...
        X