PDA

View Full Version : Patty Mills has not been drafted yet

thespywhozaggedme
06-25-2009, 07:37 PM
I am honestly stunned.

MedZag
06-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Mills just drafted by the Blazers.

No matter if you thought Mills was overrated or not, picking him up at pick #55 like Portland just did is an absolute STEAL.

ZagNut08
06-25-2009, 08:31 PM
How did that happen??

surfmonkey89
06-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Maybe because he's too small and will get thrown around like a ball in a Pachinko machine when he drives the lane?

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the D-league or overseas schooling Austin in a year.

CDC84
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I feel there's a good chance that Patty Mills will not be playing basketball in the United States next year. He can earn so much more money playing overseas that it's ridiculous. Why even bother showing up to Blazers camp when you have that kind of international reputation as a player?

Ezag
06-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Further proof he should have stayed in school!

Nevtelen
06-26-2009, 08:36 AM
Mills just drafted by the Blazers.

No matter if you thought Mills was overrated or not, picking him up at pick #55 like Portland just did is an absolute STEAL.

Seriously. CDC is probably right, but if Mills does stay, you have to think he'll be one of those players they show a video clip of in future drafts to show what kind of talent you can pick up in the 2nd round if you're shrewd.

Butler Guy
06-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Further proof he should have stayed in school!You stay in school to further your career. How does putting off a career overseas making more money than 98% than the rest of the world, further that aim? Doubly so, when you consider this draft was one of the weakest in the last 20 years.

The Oregon Spike
06-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Looking forward to seeing him in PDX! Hope he makes the roster.

hockeyzag
06-26-2009, 09:24 AM
You have to wonder if that pick was going to be Pargo at the end of that second round, I'm sure the Blazers were very surprised that Mills was still available at that point.

Das Zagger
06-26-2009, 12:58 PM
Further proof he should have stayed in school!

He's like Andrew Bynum, what you see is what you get. Scouts knew what he could bring and what his shortcomings were so another year probably wouldn't have helped much.

Seemed like a lot of lottery guys need to "get a jumpshot" so I guess you can develop that in the NBA.

I'm betting Mills will probably play pro in Oz, he's a folk legend down there and will make a decent amount of coinage. It was painful to see him drop to 55 though.

OZZag
06-26-2009, 04:29 PM
He's like Andrew Bynum, what you see is what you get. Scouts knew what he could bring and what his shortcomings were so another year probably wouldn't have helped much.

Seemed like a lot of lottery guys need to "get a jumpshot" so I guess you can develop that in the NBA.

I'm betting Mills will probably play pro in Oz, he's a folk legend down there and will make a decent amount of coinage. It was painful to see him drop to 55 though.

DZ, perhaps later in his career, but the money is not great down under for pro ballers as there are a lot of other pro sports which Bball has to compete with. Patty would be better off playing in Spain, France or Greece if he doesn't make the NBA.