• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagDaddy
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Austin on Pistons Radar

According to this morning's Free Press:

Daye, who's 6-feet-11 in shoes, has solid ball skills for someone his size, but at 190 pounds, he'll probably have to add bulk to have an impact in the NBA. He left Gonzaga after his sophomore season and decided to remain in the draft just in the past few days.
    and

At No. 15, if a team believes a player has a chance to become an impact player at some point, the thinking is to make the pick for the long-term health.

See this too.
  • 541zaggin
    Redshirt
    • May 2009

AD = Taller, young version of Tayshaun Prince. I can see the Piston's reaching for a predecessor but then again they really need a decent PG to replace AI.

It will be interesting to see how things play out.

Comment

• 2011Zag
      Bulldog Fan
      • Nov 2007

Apples and Oranges

Originally posted by 541zaggin View Post
      AD = Taller, young version of Tayshaun Prince. I can see the Piston's reaching for a predecessor but then again they really need a decent PG to replace AI.

The only thing Daye and Prince have in common is body type and skin color. They play almost opposite styles. Prince is a great defender and and rebounder with good lateral quickness. If he scores it's an added bonus.

Austin is very gifted on the offensive end and will focus most of his energy on scoring the ball. He has good timing and can block shots but thats about it on the defensive end.

Comparing AD to Prince is like comparing AMMO to Larry Bird. It's solely on physical appearance.

Comment

• Ezag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

The NBA does not give players very long to develop and once that window closes it is hard to get off the bench. I wish him well but I think he will get manhandled in the league.

Comment

• Just A Zag
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by 541zaggin View Post

Stuckey is the new kid to replace AI. that was evident the whole second half of the season. Pistons are sky high on that kid
          D.F.T.B.A

Comment

• Zag79
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Austin is very gifted on the offensive end and will focus most of his energy on scoring the ball. He has good timing and can block shots but thats about it on the defensive end.
            your forgetting rebounding. hes an excellent rebounder, he led the team in lesser minutes. so you agree he scores, and you agree he can block shots, and we know he rebounds very well. sounds like a heck of a draft pick to me!

Comment

• 541zaggin
              Redshirt
              • May 2009

Originally posted by 2011Zag View Post
              The only thing Daye and Prince have in common is body type and skin color. They play almost opposite styles. Prince is a great defender and and rebounder with good lateral quickness. If he scores it's an added bonus.

Comparing AD to Prince is like comparing AMMO to Larry Bird. It's solely on physical appearance.
              I see your point. What I mean is that The Pistons would be willing to take on a scrawnier player like Daye due to their experience with Prince. If anything is certain, Daye needs to pick up technique from Prince and increase his defensive presence, his length proves to be one of his greatest assets in causing mismatches which with additional defensive skills he would exploit.

It's funny that you mention Larry Bird because I see lots of similarities between Austin and Bird. Both are good outside shooters with similar form and both are of similar size and weight for their age. A plus is that Bird gained weight later in his college career so hopefully Austin will too.

Yes, I realize Rodney is the starting PG, however they are still rather weak in the PG category with Will Bynum relieving Stuckey. Another PG or a Combo Guard could be beneficial to them.

Comment

• 75Zag
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Everybody is on Everybody's Radar

In Portland today we heard that Stephan Curry and Tyler Hansborough (spelling?) are working out for the Blazers and are on their "radar". But there is no way in hell that either player would be drafted by the Blazers. This pre-draft chatter is pointless. For all I know, they will draft my dog on draft day. She has great vertical leaping ability and moves well to her left, although a shock collar is necessary to keep her in line. Come to think of it, there are quite a few Blazers that could benefit from a shock collar as well.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger! Ignore the Hype!
                Do not go gentle into that good night,
                Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• 4AmericasTeam
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by 75Zag View Post
                  In Portland today we heard that Stephan Curry and Tyler Hansborough (spelling?) are working out for the Blazers and are on their "radar". But there is no way in hell that either player would be drafted by the Blazers. This pre-draft chatter is pointless. For all I know, they will draft my dog on draft day. She has great vertical leaping ability and moves well to her left, although a shock collar is necessary to keep her in line. Come to think of it, there are quite a few Blazers that could benefit from a shock collar as well.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger! Ignore the Hype!
                  My dog has the same skills but I think she needs one more year in the yard!

Comment

• DZ
                    Zag for Life
                    • Sep 2007

My dog would lock down the best hotdog guy in the league.
                    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                    Mark Twain.

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Sean Deveney revealed in Sporting News Today that someone picking in the top 20 has given Austin a guarantee, and speculation indicates that it is either the Suns at 14 or the Pistons at 15.

Comment

• lothar98zag
                        PostPadder General
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                        Sean Deveney revealed in Sporting News Today that someone picking in the top 20 has given Austin a guarantee, and speculation indicates that it is either the Suns at 14 or the Pistons at 15.
                        interesting

if true look for AD to stop attending work-outs (at least the groups ones)
                        youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

Working...
                        X