• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheerleader
    Redshirt
    • Jun 2009

battle in seattle

heard it was set for Dec. 12th - any idea on who our opponent is?
  • lothar98zag
    PostPadder General
    • Feb 2007

youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• 75Zag
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

Bis

Recall this earlier thread with schedule speculation:

That thread suggested Arizona as possible BIS opponent, but I think Arizona will be in Maui and in any event the Arizona tentative schedule looks pretty full already. For any of you "insiders" with more current information I would like to hear about it.

Augustana on December 9th was mentioned after the above thread was posted. Assuming the Duke game is on the 19th in NYC as previously speculated, looks like BIS will probably need to be Saturday December 12, but the BIS website is silent.
      Do not go gentle into that good night,
      Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• BC1210is
        Bulldog Fan
        • Feb 2007

Opponent for the Battle in Seattle will be announced on Thursday, June 25th at Hoopfest in Spokane.

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Feb 2007

Regarding speculation about a possible BIS with Arizona, either the Wildcates come to Washington (BIS, Arena, or Kennel), or we should be done with them. We played them last season in Phoenix, and also in Tucson in DDD's junior year. Either we get a return match, or forget about them! It's way past time to get a little respect from the Wildcates (respect in the form of action, not just words).

Comment

• BobZag
            Dark Lord of the Zag
            • Jan 2007

From what I've heard, do not expect a team the caliber of past years. With the three Maui teams, Duke, Sparty, Illinois, Oklahoma, Memphis, etc. on board, Few is trying to give this young team a chance.
            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Kiddwell
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Whatta 'bout Oregon State? Lots of Northwest interest (so big crowd). Plus, OSU is on the upswing. Plus, their coach is the President's brother-in-law.

The Zags' status plus the Presidential connection would give good TV appeal too.

:]
              Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

We can always hope it's the Fuskies. That would be a good game.

And people in Hell want ice water.
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• 75Zag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Bis

BIS is my family's opportunity to spend weekend in Seattle together and watch GU basketball together. Hope they don't dial down the level of competition too far. I am not going to spend a couple grand to haul my extended family to Seattle to watch GU play the Weak Sisters of Mercy.

There are a couple rumors about one of the service academys playing in the BIS? Air Force? Would probably draw pretty well between alumni of both programs. Please regard this as an unsubstantiated rumor from the mind of a maniac.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!
                  Do not go gentle into that good night,
                  Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
                  Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• BobZag
                    Dark Lord of the Zag
                    • Jan 2007

The Zags do play the Falcons, but not sure if it's the BiS. Could be, just not sure.

Comment

• Nevtelen
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I would definitely be disapointed if the level of the opposing team was dialed back too far. I don't mind playing a mid-major instead of a high-major, but it should be a serous, strong mid if that happens (like Nevada a few years ago). IMO Air Force would be a big step down and I'm not sure I'd pay BiS prices to go to that game. I have to believe that good mid-majors that are having problems finding games would play GU on a (sort of) neutral court. Heck, even a team that wouldn't be all that strong but that has a history with GU like Wyoming would be a better choice.

Comment

• BobZag
                        Dark Lord of the Zag
                        • Jan 2007

Go to the last post in the following thread--

Comment

• hoopster777
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
                          Go to the last post in the following thread--

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...ight=Air+Force
                          Well thats very disappointing, the BIS is usually Gonzaga's game to showcase itself on national tv at a time that most of the nation can tune in. Nobody is going to care to watch (I highly doubt CBS would even feature it) Gonzaga destroy Air Force. If this was the Air Force team when Bzedlik was there, it would be different. This is a team that failed to win a game in the Mountain West last season, and lost its top 3 scorers. If this is the best Gonzaga can bring to Seattle, something is wrong.

Comment

• GoZags
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Air Force gave up a home game to play the Washington Huskies at Seahawks Stadium (opener for the '05 football season -- and Ty Willingham's first game as Husky coach). That game turned out poorly for UDub -- so hopefully THAT trend won't continue if Air Force is indeed the BiS opponent.

One things for sure -- a pre-game flyover at the Key wouldn't be nearly as specatular as it was at Seahawks Stadium.
                            sigpic
                            “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                            ——-
                            List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                            Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• hoopster777
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Nov 2007

Its too bad they couldn't lure a program like Xavier to the BiS.....though adding another top 15 opponent on the schedule probably isn't favorable, that is a program that seems to be similar to Gonzaga's, and would generate a lot of interest. Plus the game against them in the tournament a few years back was fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X