PDA

View Full Version : Name Two Most Likely to Score 10+

BobZag
04-01-2007, 05:13 PM
What two Zags are most likely to score in double-digits, and why? You cannot choose Pargo, Bouldin, Downs or Heytvelt. Take your choice of any two Zags next year other than the above four.

hls97
04-01-2007, 05:25 PM
1) Daye -- I think he will play significant minutes and will be a real force. Provides too much versatility to sit.

2) Kuso -- Way too raw this year, but he will be a senior and should see significant minutes. Better improve over the summer, though.

BobZag
04-01-2007, 05:34 PM
1) Daye -- I think he will play significant minutes and will be a real force. Provides too much versatility to sit.

2) Kuso -- Way too raw this year, but he will be a senior and should see significant minutes. Better improve over the summer, though.

Interesting, hls. Not Pendo? Or Ira? Or Theo?

brasszag
04-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I'll take Ira as the first choice - experience, muscle, and what appears to be a great all-around game. From what I've seen - he's Pargo writ larger.

My second choice is a waffle between two guys, but I think Sacre will be the other. A true who develops into a sold 5 for us, and just squeaks over 10ppg. I almost picked Pendo, but I think he'll end at about 9 and a quarter a game.

Lots of offensive options this coming year - but a lot of the other guys are bigger question marks as to play-time.

GonzagaLove
04-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Pendo and Theo.

BroncoZAG615
04-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Ira and Theo. Bits of experience and tons of athleticism.

zagfan08
04-01-2007, 07:29 PM
i'll say daye and pendo

daye because he is a great athlete and should get a lot of minutes with his versatility (agreed with hls)

pendo because i think he gained a lot of confidence with the way he ended this last season and it should carry over into next year

HillBillyZag
04-01-2007, 07:34 PM
I have to go with Pendo & Kuso. Pendo has regained his stroke and boosted his confidence. If Kuso progresses at therate he did over the season, he will be a weapon in the paint.

SteeleMan
04-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Pendo's final four games of '06-'07. He has such a sweet stroke and is money from around the elbow. His 3-pt. shot isn't to shabby either.

Hope he can get worked into the offensive end more next season.

Ira. More on hope than knowing much about him. Hope he makes a huge impact and succeeds. Sounds like a great guy.

Nevtelen
04-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Pendo - he showed what he's capable of this year and Few really puts a lot on his seniors' shoulders. He'll get his, no doubt.

Also Gray - if he really has that outside shot that everyone talks about, he could be our second consistent threat from the perimiter. In a best-case scenario, he'd be like Bouldin this year, I think - a few really high scoring, brilliant games and a few where he really looks like a freshman. But if his outside shot is on, I think he has a good shot at averaging 10-ish ppg.

I think Ira is this year's Kuso - tons of athleticism that will translate into energy and decent boards and solid D (and probably more scoring than Kuso can provide), but he will not be an offensive go-to guy.

lothar98zag
04-01-2007, 08:13 PM
What two Zags are most likely to score in double-digits, and why? You cannot choose Pargo, Bouldin, Downs or Heytvelt. Take your choice of any two Zags next year other than the above four.

Pendo & Daye

Bocco
04-01-2007, 08:18 PM
My choices would be Pendo and........I can't make up my mind between Kuso, Davis, Brown, Daye, Gray - probably Kuso - but I suspect the other four will be in the 6-8pt range, and it would not surprise me if one of them did average 10+. If there were more minutes in a game we just would have 7-8 with 10 plus, unfortunately there are only so many minutes to go around.

RebornZag
04-01-2007, 10:56 PM
I think Larry G is going to have a break out year. He will be our 6th or 7th man. Look for him to average 10 or close to it.

I think Pendo has a very good chance at averaging 10 ppg, or all most.

If Downs gets hurt (he's so thin) that it would then be possible that Daye would move in and get Downs points (or at least 10 or 11 of them). These 3 will be our leading scorers off the bench. If Downs stays healthy, Daye will average around 8-9. He'll be streaky like Matt was this year.

LongIslandZagFan
04-02-2007, 04:18 AM
Pendo and Daye

BobZag
04-02-2007, 09:56 AM
Pendo's final four games of '06-'07. He has such a sweet stroke and is money from around the elbow. His 3-pt. shot isn't to shabby either.

Hope he can get worked into the offensive end more next season.

Ira. More on hope than knowing much about him. Hope he makes a huge impact and succeeds. Sounds like a great guy.

11 points vs Memphis and 12 points vs Indiana for Pendo. Good observation. He can score 10+ against top flight teams, not just WCC teams. OTOH, Micah will need to step it up against upper echelon teams as he only scored 7 and 3 vs same teams. Gotta get tougher.

guniverse
04-02-2007, 10:03 AM
i would have to say that ira will get 10 a game out of conference because daye will be young and we will need iras presence on the floor for toughness and rebounding against the tough out of conference schedule we will surely have. first half ira, second half daye as we get into conference play.

the second for me is pendegraft because he just hits the shots when he is open and plays so hard that few cant and wont dwindle his minutes to younger players even if they are more skilled, like daye or gray

Madcowz
04-02-2007, 10:16 AM
Pendo - he showed what he's capable of this year and Few really puts a lot on his seniors' shoulders. He'll get his, no doubt.

Also Gray - if he really has that outside shot that everyone talks about, he could be our second consistent threat from the perimiter. In a best-case scenario, he'd be like Bouldin this year, I think - a few really high scoring, brilliant games and a few where he really looks like a freshman. But if his outside shot is on, I think he has a good shot at averaging 10-ish ppg.

I think Ira is this year's Kuso - tons of athleticism that will translate into energy and decent boards and solid D (and probably more scoring than Kuso can provide), but he will not be an offensive go-to guy.

he'll be much more of an offensive threat than kuso.... brown leads his his jc league in fg %

ZagNut08
04-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Pendo and Daye

I dont think Sacre/Theo/Brown will see enough minutes to get their scoring average up. I dont think Kuso will see an increase in minutes unless something amazing happens to his offense.

Daye is so versatile he should see the minutes.

On a side note...since Bouldin got more attention as a huge recruit (at least in my opinion) than anyone before him, do you think few played him more minutes so other potential recruits would see they could get instant time as a freshman? Not saying this is the case, but sometimes I thought he got a few more minutes than deserved in certain games...just a thought if this will translate to Daye getting a lot of PT

cielmike
04-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Pendo and Downs

Pendo has had the capability to score from everywhere on the court almost since his freshman year. His assigned role, however, did not bring this aspect of his game to the forefront until the last few games of this year.

Downs has showed steady improvement with moments of brilliance shooting from beyond 3 pt range and driving to the basket.

Can't wait for next season to start. Barring injuries and offcourt hijinx, I suspect our problems will distill to: so many weapons and so little time to use them.

BobZag
04-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Pendo and Daye

I dont think Sacre/Theo/Brown will see enough minutes to get their scoring average up. I dont think Kuso will see an increase in minutes unless something amazing happens to his offense.

Daye is so versatile he should see the minutes.

On a side note...since Bouldin got more attention as a huge recruit (at least in my opinion) than anyone before him, do you think few played him more minutes so other potential recruits would see they could get instant time as a freshman? Not saying this is the case, but sometimes I thought he got a few more minutes than deserved in certain games...just a thought if this will translate to Daye getting a lot of PT

Doubtful, ZN08. He might've had a bit of "prepping him for next year" thinking going on, but I just don't think Few had any better alternatives.

Rubbadub
04-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Bump for '08-'09!!

BroncoZAG615
04-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Ira and Theo. Bits of experience and tons of athleticism.

Shows you how much I know...Gonzaga basketball is a weird science.

Rubbadub
04-02-2008, 09:29 AM
Bump for '08-'09!!

Rule for '08-'09 edition...cannot use anyone that scored at least 10 this year, so no Pargo, Bouldin, Daye, or JH.

Rub's going with Gray and Micah. I don't think anyone else will be that close.

Once and Future Zag
04-02-2008, 09:37 AM
I'd say Gray (holey moley can he get in a groove) and Sacre (as our post presence - 3 putbacks and 4 FT's a game doesn't sound too low for him given extended minutes)

Micah has a very good chance to being on that list, but I had to disagree with Rubbadub...

drnoe
04-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Gray and Downs...the power of the 3.

JLGutrocks
04-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Gray and Downs. Book it.

MickMick
04-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Easy...Gray and Daye

Rubbadub
04-02-2008, 10:06 AM
I'd say Gray (holey moley can he get in a groove) and Sacre (as our post presence - 3 putbacks and 4 FT's a game doesn't sound too low for him given extended minutes)

Micah has a very good chance to being on that list, but I had to disagree with Rubbadub...

So Sacre will score more than Micah? Very bold prediction! :)

cjm720
04-02-2008, 11:22 AM
Easy...Gray and Daye

Concur

Once and Future Zag
04-02-2008, 12:45 PM
So Sacre will score more than Micah? Very bold prediction! :)

I didn't say quite that - as I think they both have about equal potential to hit 10/Game over the course of the season - even though Micah's ceiling is higher, he's playing a more highly contested position out there on the wing... he "shares" minutes with Gray, Daye, Bouldin, Ira, and Larry...

But what fun is just agreeing with you?

I think we have 6 guys in our rotation who could contribute 10 per game.

Pargo, Gray, Daye, Bouldin, Downs, Heytvelt are the 5 we "know" and I think/hope Sacre is the wild card and takes a huge step forward for his Soph. year.

kitzbuel
04-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Gray and Gibbs

Bulldog
04-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Calvary and Violette

Reborn
04-03-2008, 10:26 AM
If we can't choose from Pargo, Bouldin, Josh, and Daye there seems to be only one other possibility and that's Steven Gray. Downs will not average 10 pts per game. He won't get enough playing time. I do hope he can average 6-8 off the bench though. That could be nice. For some reason Micah just does not seem to be in the future plans of Mark Few.