PDA

View Full Version : AMMO minutes from 8-26?

TR11Zag
04-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Is there a defined rotation in Charlotte? How can you develop players without any consistancy?

Today's Box:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270401028

Friday's Box:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270330030

RanchZagFan
04-02-2007, 02:21 PM
As has been stated previously, Morrison has lost minutes over the course of the season because he's not been a very good player. Can't get his own shot against NBA small forwards and might be the worst defender at his position in the association. We're not in the WCC anymore Toto. He played max minutes early in the season because he was the 3rd pick in the draft and is on a very bad team. Sorry...as much as I loved Mo as a college player, I'm afraid he's destined to be not much more than a role guy in the league. No disgrace in that. My hope is that he eventually ends up on one of the elite teams and can fill a defined role where he's not asked to do things of which he is not capable. He's a Zag and we love him, but let's keep it real.

lothar98zag
04-02-2007, 02:42 PM
...We're not in the WCC anymore Toto...

:confused:

What does this have to do w/ the rest of your post? He did the things he did in college against (almost) every team he played against. Why the need to randomly piss on the WCC in a thread about a former Zag in the NBA?

gamagin
04-02-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm not ready to throw Ammo under the bus.

I don't know that I ever will be. He's a rookie. He's playing more basketball in one year than he likely played in two. Or three.

He has all the problems any rookie would have and yet has been expected to jump right in and produce. No matter how high the draft status, this is not a given.

I think it was 2-3 years before Stockton played serious minutes. He wound up doing alright.

Sure, some rookies have done it, but not all and not very many. There is no certainty that Ammo won't find his game and his pace before his days are over. I believe he will.

I haven't even mentioned his meds, yet.

But whatever adjustements he has had to make from College to the Pro's, his body also has to make adjustments, too.

So until I read from a reliable source that he's forgotten how to shoot, play the game and inspire greatness in himself and others, I think I'm going to bide my time, give him time and expect him to grow into, and one day excel, meet or exceed my expectations, and have a great career.

sonuvazag
04-02-2007, 04:00 PM
but let's keep it real.

Along those lines, methinks you're not a Zag fan.

RanchZagFan
04-02-2007, 04:40 PM
sonu, then you would be wrong. Big fan and have been for a long time. I like to be realistic and objective however. Always seemed kind of silly and superficial to me to pie in the sky about the teams I root for. I think it's more fun and interesting to be objective and constructively critical. Adam Morrison was a GREAT college player and I loved watching him play. However, I've been watching the NBA for over 35 years and I've never thought he was going to be a bigtime NBA player. Good role guy on the right team. Cool dude though.

lothar98zag
04-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Along those lines, methinks you're not a Zag fan.
Maybe RZF is, maybe RZF isn't.

What I'll never understand is why come to a message board for (fill in the blank) team and pretend to be a fan of that team only to post only negative things on the message board? Why not register w/ a non-fan username and make it perfectly clear where you are coming from? Or if you are a fan of that team why come to the board with the singular purpose of posting negative things about the team (or being "realistic" or whatever you decide to call it)?

and fwiw, I'm not saying RZF is this type of person. W/ less 10 posts currently - I think I'll hold off judgement for now. (not that my judgement is worth anything anyway) Of course, I'll still judge and respond to the content of posts...

RanchZagFan
04-02-2007, 04:58 PM
Just found the board lothar. Doesn't matter to me what folks believe...believe what you want. I absolutely love the Gonzaga program and am a big fan. I'm also a big Celtics and Red Sox fan, but not afraid to offer up "real" takes on those teams either. Different points of view make things a bit more interesting and entertaining don't you think?

TR11Zag
04-02-2007, 08:06 PM
to develop AMMO by giving him consistant minutes makes me Toto RanchZagFan. :confused: With your very few posts, I understand that your eagerness got the best of you.

As a basketball fan I don't see how playing 7 min one night and 26 the next while averageing 32 for the season is good for a young team that desperatly needs to develop all of their players.

But, coming from a Red Sox fan, you clearly are just argumentative.;)

sonuvazag
04-02-2007, 08:15 PM
On Bobcats fan boards, I've heard that the reason Morrison is so despondant is they don't utilize his talents enough. They're asking him to sit on the wing and be a spot shooter. To suggest that Adam "can't" create his own shot is near blasphemy. In fact, it's his primary talent. Lots of guys shoot. Adam scores. That's how I see it.

He is a role player and his role should be to score the most points. When Raymond Felton first played with Adam in summer league, he said it was quite clear what his new job was, to get the ball to Adam. If Raymond UNC Felton thinks Adam should be the scorer on the team after a few summer league games, I think we should wait for a new coach and system to support his talents better.

I sincerely hope things don't continue in a downward spiral, but most of the Bobcats fans blame Bickerstaff's lack of offensive ingenuity and a few of AMMO's teammates for being sore about his presence. This is what I heard.

Northspokane
04-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Why is everyone hating on RZF? he is giving honest opinions and not saying what everyone wants to hear. Adam Morrison would tell you himself that he is not playing well. He has diabetes and is playing 82 games for the first time in his life. It is expected. But he still could perform better... he knows it and I suspect big things next year.

RanchZagFan
04-02-2007, 08:19 PM
TR11, Morrison got very consistent minutes for most of the first half of the season. He simply did not produce. I think Bernie probably played him way more than he otherwise would have if the team was better and our boy hadn't been drafted so high. I think in the right situation with the right team Morrison could be a pretty valuable player in the league as a role guy. I loved him in college, but was never very high on him as a pro prospect. No D, doesn't rebound well at all and really isn't a very good passer. If he's not shooting a high percentage and scoring with efficiency, there's really not much reason to have him on the court given his limitations in the other areas of the game.

sonuvazag
04-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Why is everyone hating on RZF? he is giving honest opinions and not saying what everyone wants to hear. Adam Morrison would tell you himself that he is not playing well. He has diabetes and is playing 82 games for the first time in his life. It is expected. But he still could perform better... he knows it and I suspect big things next year.

To say he hasn't played well is one thing. In fact, the question posed by the thread acknowledges that. But to say Adam doesn't have a lot of NBA potential is actually contrary to general opinion (certainly opposes MJ's opinion) and certainly open for debate. You're actually surprised people respond to that with heat?

TR11Zag
04-02-2007, 08:23 PM
TR11, Morrison got very consistent minutes for most of the first half of the season. He simply did not produce. I think Bernie probably played him way more than he otherwise would have if the team was better and our boy hadn't been drafted so high. I think in the right situation with the right team Morrison could be a pretty valuable player in the league as a role guy. I loved him in college, but was never very high on him as a pro prospect. No D, doesn't rebound well at all and really isn't a very good passer. If he's not shooting a high percentage and scoring with efficiency, there's really not much reason to have him on the court given his limitations in the other areas of the game.

I like this much better than "We're not in the WCC anymore Toto."

Welcome to the GUBoard RZF, looking forward to your comments.

sonuvazag
04-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Along the lines of TR11, welcome Ranch. I don't mind it at all when someone wants to give an unpopular take and is willing to hang tough with the backlash.

Northspokane
04-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Morrison is a great prospect... but when he doesnt play defense which nobody does which is fine, when he doesnt rebound, or when he doesnt shoot well he is not a great NBA player He has no where to go but up on his shooting. His fire and attitude will help him improve on both defense and rebounding during the offseason and everything will be fine. But when people blame the coaches for messing around with his minutes when he hasnt been playing well is an uniformed respose. Not saying it was you sonuvazag but that is why this thread was started. Adam will only get better...

RanchZagFan
04-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks TR11...gotta shake things up sometimes on these boards. ---

sonu, MJ doesn't exactly have a great track record in the area of player personnel decisions (does the name Kwame Brown ring a bell?), and there was far from unanimous opinion regarding Morrison's stock prior to the draft. How many Bobcat games have you seen this year? I've seen more than 15. Like I said, I love the guy, but I'm just not seeing it.

lothar98zag
04-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Thanks TR11...gotta shake things up sometimes on these boards.
gotta? why is that?

TR11Zag
04-02-2007, 08:53 PM
for seeing the world through zag colored glasses.

It is also hard for you to get good dialogue from those of us who've been on this board for years if you accuse us of following a yellow brick road and ---.

RanchZagFan
04-02-2007, 09:02 PM
It's all good fellas...you do your thing and I'll do mine. If some moderately interesting dialogue comes out of it, so be it. Otherwise, let's be honest...who really cares?

BTW, I think things in Charlotte are going to get real interesting this offseason. Don't be surprised to see both Sean May and Adam Morrison wearing different unis next season.

soonerterp
04-03-2007, 01:52 AM
I still think Morrison could improve on the defensive end, but he's also a rook thrown into what I believe is a fairly screwed up situation in Charlotte, which unfortunately I think will be more screwed up by the man in charge (some guy named Michael Jordan, perhaps you've heard of him) who, while a great player in his time, his resume as a team executive leaves MUCH to be desired.

I still fail to understand why the NBA awarded Charlotte another NBA franchise when the city seems very down on the NBA because of the George Shinn thing. Does anyone even attend Bobcats games? I mean really.

This is just me but I'd like to see Morrison on a different team.

VanZagar
04-03-2007, 04:37 AM
If people like RZF weren't willing to speak up with contrary opinions discussion on this board would be limited even more. Some people like the rose colored glasses. Others wear shades of grey. Both can be Zag supporters if not fanatics.

Zagpower
04-03-2007, 03:57 PM
From up top, Adam attempts to throw a lob and it hits off the backboard, off the defenders shoulder, back off the backboard, nothing but net. Points went to Wallace since he was the closest player, but it was all Ammo. Hope someone can link it when it makes the highlights.

lothar98zag
04-03-2007, 04:06 PM
What the...!?!?

Sounds like a sportscenter top 10 play to me.

DrDrivel
04-03-2007, 10:59 PM
First off, only two players on that Bobcats team have achieved near their potentials this year. Those are Gerald Wallace (a fantasy basketball manager's dream) and Emeka. Not Matt Carroll, not Adam, not Sean May (whose lingering knee problems have hampered what could have been a breakout season from a very legitimate and promising low-post presence), not Felton. And yet every one of them has shown flashes - games or stretches where they break the mold and produce in volume. Now Walter bleepin' Herrmann is filling stat sheets out of nowhere. What does that tell you about conditions in Charlotte? It tells me that either this is a team filled with young, inconsistent, mentally-unresolved players, or it is poorly coached. Or both. Add into that the fact that the Bobcats have had their complete starting lineup healthy for about 17 minutes this year and you clearly are not going to see great returns.

My point in all of this is to give it time. The Bobcats have improved this year. They're not much in the running for Oden or Durant, which says something given where this team was last year. Imagine what they would have done with a legitimate coach who drew up legitimate plays, or who could evaluate and appropriate talent. Adam will be fine. In two years, I see him earning an impressive contract as his talents are maximized.

Zagpower
04-04-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.nba.com/

Upper right corner

gamagin
04-04-2007, 01:39 PM
there are enough folks with access to updates on Adam to add some inside intelligence to his situation @ charlotte. at least by now . . .

beatProgram
04-04-2007, 02:07 PM
At the Knicks 'Cats game in NYC before x-mas JLo and I met the guy who was the kingpin behind bringing Ammo on the team.

When I asked how he felt Adam was doing his words were, "We're trying to get Adam to realize that he's a scorer, not a shooter."

Which is true, but it is also 180-degrees the opposite of how he's been integrated into the offense, so my impression taken is that the Bobcats franchise has no idea what it's doing within itself.

Adam is the kind of player that needs to be given the kind of green light that Iverson had on the Sixers. I've seen enough games where he Ammo take the ball into the face of two or three defenders in the NBA and drained the impossible shot, just like he did in college, to know that it's not the caliber of opponents that's keeping him out of the game.

lothar98zag
04-04-2007, 02:35 PM

Upper right corner

:eek:

:lmao:

sullyzag66
04-04-2007, 02:51 PM

Upper right corner

I'm sure he called that. He watched that commercial featuring MJ and Bird playing horse way too many times.