PDA

View Full Version : OT: Lakers-Denver game

Goshzagit
05-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Anyone else watching this game?

Amazing how physical and aggressive these teams are playing, or should I say "allowed" to play. The refs have essentially swallowed their whistles in the playoffs and it makes the NBA much more entertaining.

After watching both playoff series closely, there is no way Austin is ready to compete physically at the next level. He would be absolutely man-handled against these guys. There is no doubt Austin has the NBA talent/skill to compete, yet he should stay another year just to prepare his body for his own safety. If you observe the intense physicality and beatings every player takes on offense and defense, I really feel for Daye's 195lb frame next season.

Zagdog71
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Really sad to see Adam standing at the end of the bench with his hands in his pockets.

zagking
05-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Really sad to see Adam standing at the end of the bench with his hands in his pockets.

he just seems out of place there.

Ezag
05-27-2009, 09:56 PM
he just seems out of place there.

That's because he is out of place:(

zagfan08
05-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Not exactly the possible Morrison vs. Redick matchup some anticipated. But at least J.J. is playing some. Sad to see Adam on the end of the bench, but hopefully he can at least get a ring out of it, not to mention a few million dollars.

coolhandzag
05-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Not fitting in with the likes of Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic may be the best recommendation I have ever heard of.

Zagalicious
05-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Never thought I'd see Ammo on the bench all this time, let alone in street clothes. Last night my son said, "Look dad, Adam's modeling the latest in casual bench attire, again"

MDABE80
05-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Looks pretty dark for Ammo. Smart money says he ends up in Europe for one or two years.....then it's over. Good college player......nobody can take that away......no defense but he could score like few others. Just not so good in the pro ranks....he never seriously had a chance after his rookie year. Not sure he ever was cut out for the NBA demands. The message (it seems) is that "we don't even want you suiting up"...which must alienate him further. I wonder if he re-injured his knee and the Lakers are keeping it quiet.

lothar98zag
05-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Looks pretty dark for Ammo. Smart money says he ends up in Europe for one or two years.....then it's over. Good college player......nobody can take that away......no defense but he could score like few others. Just not so good in the pro ranks....he never seriously had a chance after his rookie year. Not sure he ever was cut out for the NBA demands. The message (it seems) is that "we don't even want you suiting up"...which must alienate him further. I wonder if he re-injured his knee and the Lakers are keeping it quiet.
That could be. Also, there are differing opinions on if he's fully recovered from the original injury.

For Adam's sake, hopefully your worst case scenario doesn't come to pass.

Zag79
05-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Smart money says he ends up in Europe for one or two years.....then it's over. Good college player......nobody can take that away......no defense but he could score like few others. Just not so good in the pro ranks..

how does such an amazing college player (one of the best really) not translate to the nba? do we not want to watch guys that can score at will from everywhere? i can name 50 players that mo is better than but doesnt get the time they do. ive never figured out how some guys make it and others dont. mo and ronny come to mind. ronny was not as good as many on this board thought he was. take away his hustle and attitude and hes remembered for missing easy layups and free throws in the clutch than anything. yet in the league hes a contributing player, where a guy who can hang 45 a night in college cant make it. wow.