PDA

View Full Version : Keala King - The Real Deal

BobZag
05-27-2009, 09:12 AM
Scout--

Few, if any, players elevated their stock as much over the weekend as Cali Supreme’s Keala King. The slinky lefty can really create off the dribble, is a creative passer and also brings offensive punch to the table. At the least he can be a combo on the next level and we’re starting to think that he may have the potential to play as a tall point guard. If his July is anything like the way he finished May, it’s going to be tough to keep him out of the national rankings. …

Rivals--

Lamb, Franklin and Johnson get most of the attention for California Supreme, but Keala King is one of the their most important pieces. At 6 feet 4, the combo guard can do a little bit of everything. He isn't a great shooter, but King plays hard, plays stingy defense, has the ball on a string and really rebounds. Without King's production there is simply no way they win the championship. Look for King to gain a lot more attention from college coaches with his strong play.

Salsageek
05-27-2009, 12:08 PM
This is exactly what we need King + Kong. :D

BobZag
05-27-2009, 02:05 PM

Indeed.

But King would be a fantastic get, regardless.

CaliforniaZaggin'
05-27-2009, 02:55 PM
The Zags landing Keala would be quite the coup. And I like that the staff is shooting for the stars with their limited schollies for 2010.

75Zag
05-27-2009, 07:10 PM
King's wish list on ESPN U web site contains 3 Pac 10 schools. Is there concrete evidence he interested in GU, or is this a recruiting fantasy?

Part of me is very tired of fantasy recruiting scenarios. Another part of me likes to close my eyes and dream as Josh Smith walks up to the Registrar's office in the Ad Building with a sexy swagger and enrolls @ GU for fall of 2010 before heading to KII to shoot some hoops. What a dream. Please don't wake me up!

Reality Bites.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

cjm720
05-28-2009, 06:50 AM

espn would drool over that!

go zags!!!

BobZag
05-28-2009, 08:37 AM
King hasn't listed Gonzaga in a while now.

I have a baaaaad feeling about this.

:(