PDA

View Full Version : Yokes ads sucks big time

cjm720
05-19-2009, 06:54 AM
Similar to the Fat Guys ads but worse. For about 2 weeks now, I've had to refresh 2-3 per screen. Annoying. Rant over.

Go Zags!!!

zagzealot
05-19-2009, 08:02 AM
Agreed times ten.

It should say "The Re-Fresh Board" Because that's what I'm doing over and over again.

ZonaZag
05-19-2009, 08:18 AM
I use Firefox and AdBlockPlus and I see zero ads on this site. The posts are still in a smaller column on the right, but no need to refresh for me.

Just a suggestion to remove some of your stress. :)

zzzjag
05-19-2009, 08:23 AM
Between the video on the left and the Yokes ad...I have noticed quite a bit more problems simply viewing posts.

I have to hit refresh several times when the Yokes ad comes up and thought it was just my computer!

UberZagFan
05-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Annoying as the Yokes ad is, the commercial on the left is by far more annoying. At least with the Yokes ad, you can scroll down. The ad on the left makes the screen wide and in some threads, really wide. Apparently, Uber now needs a mouse with a vertical and a horizontal scroll wheel. Where can one pick up one of those?

HillBillyZag
05-19-2009, 10:16 AM
The S-R, (Who like all print media are struggling) can't afford to run the site without advertising. While sometsimes it can be a pain in the ass, I can handle the ads rather than lose this great set up.

gu03alum
05-19-2009, 10:41 AM
The S-R, (Who like all print media are struggling) can't afford to run the site without advertising. While sometsimes it can be a pain in the ass, I can handle the ads rather than lose this great set up.

I agree. I'd rather have these ads than have to pay a membership fee.

UberZagFan
05-19-2009, 11:55 AM

I agree. I'd rather have these ads than have to pay a membership fee.

Nobody is disputing that but it doesn't mean it can't be more user friendly. Uber visits many many many free websites everyday with tons of ads and very few require a scroll right or a refresh to view content.

lothar98zag
05-19-2009, 12:31 PM
Nobody is disputing that but it doesn't mean it can't be more user friendly. Uber visits many many many free websites everyday with tons of ads and very few require a scroll right or a refresh to view content.
this!

75Zag
05-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks Spokesman for the free site, and I will tolerate your advertising in order to come and visit and BS about the Bulldogs.

However, the video has been running Sara Jessica Parker (spelling uncertain). I would not want to say she is ugly, but the last time I saw a face like hers it was in a photo-finish at the Kentucky Derby.

Go Bulldogs! Get Bigger!

gu03alum
05-19-2009, 01:20 PM
However, the video has been running Sara Jessica Parker (spelling uncertain). I would not want to say she is ugly, but the last time I saw a face like hers it was in a photo-finish at the Kentucky Derby.

Horse in a bar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ-Okkpgeh4)

Kiddwell
05-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Kiddwell knows someone who was thinking of advertising his little novel here at GUNation (maybe fall, maybe winter). And its "graphic novel" version too. Just a little humorous sci-fi thing...a labor of love.

But with all the hostility toward ads at this site (advertisers are just trying to promote their products, make a living, after all), maybe not.

:[