PDA

View Full Version : Have you tried Firefox Flashblock?

ZagNative
05-17-2009, 02:22 PM
I believe I have died and gone to heaven. Today I maxed out in annoyance with the flash ads taking over more and more of guboards' space, with the banner up top and video on the left, so I downloaded firefox's Flashblock add on. Works like a charm! The ads are replaced by an icon I can click on if I should be insane enough to do want ti see the ad. It doesn't restore any screen real estate, but at least I have the satisfaction of not seeing the ad.

I want to support guboards, but IMO, those ads are becoming more than I want to put up with.

the download is here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433

Birddog
05-18-2009, 06:17 AM
Has anybody else had to develop a habit of sweeping the mouse pointer all the way to the right before returning the pointer and clicking on the "view first unread" icon? I don't have to do it every time, just most of the time and it is becoming annoying.

edit: ZN thanks for that. It solved all my problems. Page loads are back to normal too it seems.

GU69
05-18-2009, 08:32 AM
I have gotten to think of that "Fresh Board" banner as the "refresh board" because I have to refresh so often.