PDA

View Full Version : Kirk and Zags talking

BobZag
05-15-2009, 08:43 AM
http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/865188.html

[Alex] Kirk plays for his father and dad handles most of the recruiting calls. These days, they are plentiful. “The same ones that have been there the whole time,” Kirk said of his interest. “The new ones have been Vanderbilt which offered and Kansas, Indiana, Minnesota has picked up a lot, Oklahoma State. I’ve been talking to UCLA quite a bit recently. Gonzaga’s been talking a lot too.”

kitzbuel
05-15-2009, 09:32 AM
Staff is still trying to work that New Mexico pipeline, huh?

cjm720
05-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Josh Smith, then Kirk are my top options for '10...legit centers with post moves.

Does he provide any indication on when he'll sign. I hate seeing UCLA and Vandy in the mix.

Go Zags!!!

BobZag
05-15-2009, 09:38 AM
He wants to take his time, which probably means taking official visits. That puts his decision at October or so. Of course, if he really connects with a school and gets that special feeling, he could commit earlier, at any time.

spudzag
05-15-2009, 02:47 PM
Would like to Gonzaga mentioned earlier in the string of schools, not as what could be consided an after thought.

ZagNative
05-15-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm with you, spud. Same thing with Richard Solomon. This situation looks like one of those deals Few warned Bob McKillop about, where everybody wants to list you in their top five, and you waste a lot of time that way. In a lot of cases, mentioning contact from the Zags seems to be the equivalent of tossing some chum over the side of the boat to attract even bigger fish. In the case of Kirk and Solomon, they haven't even cut their lists down to a top five.

I'm waiting to see where staff is spotted watching kids during the July tourneys.