• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 23dpg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Ammo

I'm not sure whose fault it is, but the Bobcats have lost confidence in Adam. Here is a quick blurb from tonight's game.

Most of Herrmann's minutes came at the expense of struggling rookie Adam Morrison, who was held to three points in a season-low seven minutes and didn't play in the second half.
    I haven't seen a Bobcat game since the first week of the season. What's going on over there?
    Birds aren’t real.
  • sullyzag66
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Yeah, even one of the Milwaukee announcers was commenting on how surprised he was at what a "lost soul" Morrison seemed to be--especially with all the hype, third pick in the draft, etc. In referring to the Hermann minutes over Morrison, I thought I heard him say, "the blogs win again", but then he could have said "blondes win again". His partner said something like, "don't go there", so not sure what's going on, either. BTW, Charlotte won 97-81.

Comment

• FuManShoes
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Not sure it's anyone's fault but Adam's. He's only been hitting about 1/3 of his shots the last month and has scored more than 20 points in only 4 of his last 30 games, and those were games when he was playing significant minutes. It pains me as a fan, because I was really looking forward to seeing his rookie campaign. Ammo's fire and basketball IQ seem to have wavered in recent weeks. I thought he'd take off after the All-Star break, but the opposite has happened. I don't get it.
      “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Comment

• GU69
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I don't get it.
        Ya. Me neither.

Something has happened there just in the last few games.

I haven't watched the games, but I've been following the box scores, and Adam has quit shooting.

Is there a connection with the announcement a little while ago that Bickerstaff won't be coaching next year?

Comment

• lothar98zag
          PostPadder General
          • Feb 2007

Does anyone think the Bobcats are one of the teams that have decided to tank the rest of the year in order to get a better draft lottery spot?

I don't know how or if this could be is connected to his play, I'm just curious.
          youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• GU69
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

No rhyme or reason

And in the latest game Adam only played for 8 minutes. Here is the explanation (well, except that Bickerstaff says there is no reason, so I guess that's not really an explanation):

With Okafor playing in his second straight game after missing 15 with a calf injury and Derek Anderson returning from a sore knee, Charlotte was as healthy as it has been in more than a month with 12 players in uniform.
            It allowed Bickerstaff to use different combinations, with Morrison playing little and center Primoz Brezec never getting off the bench.
            "They didn't play. No rhyme or reason," Bickerstaff said.

Comment

• zagfever86
              Bulldog Fan
              • Feb 2007

Could it be complications due to his diabetes? 82 games with constant travel is a lot more than 30+, especially when you are constantly pumping yourself with insulin.

Comment

• Zagpower
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Feb 2007

Bobcats

The Bobcats are definately not tanking, they playing very well right now considering they are missing Okafor and May. Adam is just being outplayed by Herrmann right now. Ammo is probably fatigued as he has played almost twice as many games as he did in a college season. Herrmann has fresh legs as he had been sitting the first half of the season.

Comment

• ZagDaddy
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Feb 2007

I stopped watching his games out of boredom weeks ago, but what has impressed me when I was watching was how he rarely has played with any passion. He looks like he is not enjoying his team or teammates. When he is on the bench he typically looks disconnected and uninvolved.

I have no idea what is really going on with him of course, but playing Bickerstaff's 3 play offense that has him mostly standing at the 3 point line might have something to do with it. That's gotta feel like grade school after 3 years of GU ball with many offensive sets. Maybe SaraMo will shed some light on the subject if she is out there.

Comment

• Unbiased
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagDaddy View Post
                    That's gotta feel like grade school after 3 years of GU ball with many offensive sets. Maybe SaraMo will shed some light on the subject if she is out there.
                    Probably not a wise thing for SaraMo to respond to at this point in time.

Comment

• Zag79
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

mo plays outta love for the game, and his heart isnt all in it right now. hes not happy, certain teammate/s need to go or let it go, nuff said.

Comment

• thickman1
                        Bleeds GU Blue
                        • Feb 2007

I had that Bucks/Bobcats game on the entire second half - I can't stand NBA basketball with all the music blaring during play, the half-empty arena, but I was hoping to watch Adam. Oh how I wish he was here for his senior year - he just looked miserable on the bench. I'm glad that he's set himself up financially and I think the off-season will do him good. Rookies struggle - they hit that wall. Adam can play, no worries there.

Comment

• GU69
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thickman1 View Post
                          he just looked miserable on the bench.
                          Ya. I know, the money and all. It had to be this way.

But I think that it is a shame that Adam couldn't have stayed in school one more year. First, I think that he would have really enjoyed it. Second, he would have been a year older before he had to deal with the adjustment to the lifestyle of professional sports.

Comment

• ZagNick
                            Redshirt
                            • Feb 2007

Charlotte paper says

Morrison plays no defense....Herman does....look for Adam to get less minutes the rest of the season...

Comment

• deathchina
                              Professional Zag Fan
                              • Mar 2007

Morrison is one of the worst defenders in the NBA and he isn't hitting shots. His field goal percentage is something like the 3rd worst in the NBA. I'm not sure why it's a big mystery that he isn't getting minutes right now.

Why WOULD you keep throwing a guy out there for 30 minutes that doesn't play a lick of defense and isn't hitting shots? What positives does he bring to the table right now? The only reason this move didn't come earlier is probably because they invested such a high draft pick on him.

I have confidence that he'll start making shots once he gets comfortable, but he's always going to have problems on defense. I've seen too many games where announcers were outright LAUGHING at how hopeless he is on D.

Comment

Working...
                              X