• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guniverse
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

elias video

not sure if i missed this, probably did, but just wanted to make sure everyone got a chance to see it. he does have amazing athleticism
    Talented German Forward signed with Gonzaga University.
  • CaliforniaZaggin'
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2008

This is such a great clip, and, if you regularly read my posts, you know how big I am on recruiting video. I absolutely cannot wait to see what he can do for the Zags.
    What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• snebzag
      Kennel Club
      • Mar 2008

Very Nice, Thank you.
      It got me all jacked up again, just when I was getting Zag-Spring-Sleepy.
      Kid seems to know how to finish.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
        Banned
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
        This is such a great clip, and, if you regularly read my posts, you know how big I am on recruiting video. I absolutely cannot wait to see what he can do for the Zags.
        Really? I think they're about as significant and indicative of what's to come as cactus League box scores. See Pmac's high lite videos for exhibit A.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2008

All I meant was I like watching them.
          What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I always appreciate the video links you seem to dig up on short notice, CaliforniaZaggin'.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2008

Thanks, ZN! And I believe I speak from everyone that reads GU Boards when I say that we all appreciate all your great recruiting posts.

Comment

• ZagManFan
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Feb 2007

My first thought was "Tayshawn Prince". Looks to be very quick on his feet, but his jumper looked a bit odd. Still, I'll take a Tayshawn Prince type player all day long.

Comment

• zag67
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

I would like to thank you for the video. I think that we will have many more during the next few years.

Comment

• BobZag
                    Dark Lord of the Zag
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                    Really? I think they're about as significant and indicative of what's to come as cactus League box scores. See Pmac's high lite videos for exhibit A.
                    True, but Pmac's video clip was of his entire career, from frosh to senior. Most others are from a few games.
                    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CaliforniaZaggin' View Post
                      All I meant was I like watching them.
                      Oh, okay, sorry about that. I like watching the clips too, it gets me excited for the players arrival, but I do take 'em with a grain of salt. Elias looks awesome, hope it translates with us.

Comment

• Angelo Roncalli
                        Bleeds Bulldog Blue
                        • Feb 2007

Highlight videos of recruits, and/or watching recruits play in AAU or all-star games can be likened to bikinis: what they show is interesting; what they don't show is vital.

Watching either gives you some basis to see athleticism, shot form, etc. What they don't provide is a basis to assess how a recruit plays in real game situations.

It's much better to watch actual high school games or game film of a recruit's high school games (where they play as part of a real team). You get a much better sense of what kind of player a kid is and what his basketball IQ is.

That said, I love watching highlight videos. I just don't put much stock in them anymore.

Anybody want my collection of PMAC DVD's?
                        You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                          Oh, okay, sorry about that. I like watching the clips too, it gets me excited for the players arrival, but I do take 'em with a grain of salt. Elias looks awesome, hope it translates with us.
                          No worries, Spy. And I certainly understand your point. I'm sure a season-long highlight video of my intramural games could make me look like John Wall (**I'd be sure to cut out the free throw that I air balled**). Even so, it's still fun to see tomorrow's Zags today.

Comment

• zagking
                            Kennel Club Material
                            • Dec 2008

thanks for posting. this is the first video of harris, and i like what im seeing.

Comment

Working...
                            X